Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes please

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1730047340726435909?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I miss those days. Dave's doomerism makes me not want to listen to new episodes at all, I just go back through the old ones.
It’s not usually too bad in the episode proper, but once the story ends you can just turn off the podcast because sometimes it just ends with 5-10 minutes of that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm trying to remember how many years he was trying to do some kind of climate change group and then just gave up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had only ever heard the name before and nothing else. Shockingly that company has an extremely hosed up corporate culture.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The fact that it became an exclusive place for the rich and/or celebrities to go certainly contributed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChadCampsey/status/1738916096625738098?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That episode definitely didn't go in a direction I expected

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's kind of funny that an episode about Lisa Frank is actually like 3/4 about her lovely ex husband and the lady he was loving on the side.

very little to actually say about lisa frank. Rich kid makes mediocre art that's easy to market, rich family puts her in contact with people to sell it.
Well she also may have stolen other people’s ideas…

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Amazed that it took 600+ episodes before Dave got to Anita Bryant

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

As far as I know they are still touring in a van because they got rid of the masks being required on planes rules

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

planitchange10.com now redirects to exxon mobile's site
A+

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The idea of an outhouse fairy is a good bit

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s a baseball episode week

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sankis posted:

I wonder if it goes into how the modern agency loves to tout their long history but the moment you put them in media doing Pinkerton stuff (Killing strikers, murdering kids, etc) suddenly there's a C&D coming your way
It was very funny how upset they got when Red Dead Redemption 2 came out and the Pinkertons were the villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh probably, it was an absurd claim because you can find so many stories of the Pinkertons killing people between like 1900-1930