Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

tnimark posted:

I wish Luke McGregor would stop making those weird, high pitched sounds after every sentence.

I stopped listening to the most recent episode about halfway through after thinking "I don't know who this Emo Phillips-sounding guy is but I wish he'd shut the hell up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Dave's response is bullshit. This is coming from someone who's a big fan of the show, he should just loving sack up and say that he didn't write the material himself and give research credit at the start of each episode. It would take all of ten seconds and not leave him mired in a plagiarism scandal.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

As a fan of Al Madrigal, I'll agree that his laugh is terrible and he added nothing to the podcast. Saying that you're bored and want to go home is a pretty terrible way of opening the show as well.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Are you talking about Wil Anderson or Luke McGregor from the live New South Wales episode? Because McGregor was 100 times as annoying as Wil Anderson and it's the only Dollop episode I've shut off early because I straight up couldn't handle listening to him.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

New episode is the best one ever made if you're into Irish voices.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

The Dollop is easy to enjoy if you've never thought of Dave as anything other than a dumb oaf. Audio problems and failure to understand fair use barely even register as issues.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If you want to learn more about how utterly hosed up the Iraq War was (Because seriously, whatever's in the episode (I'm only partway through), it was even worse), PBS Frontline has a bunch of great episodes on the topic. "Losing Iraq" and "Bush's War" in particular are great overviews. "No End In Sight" is also an excellent documentary, and the book Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq is a great utterly enraging read.

If you specifically want to look at the financial side of it as well, James Risen has a really accessible book called Pay Any Price which details the US mission to basically dump untold billions into a big hole at the start of the war.

quote:

Seriously, the decision to invade Iraq was probably the worst decision ever made by an American president and everyone involved should have been shot.

I liked how the episode basically ended with Dave and Garethy outright fantasizing about beating the poo poo out of George Bush. Not that they meant any of it, of course.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

As the second poster on this page, I also agree.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Didn't Dave study environmental science in university? How has he never seen the word "archipelago" before?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Copper Vein posted:

Every time they do a riff with their Irish voices, do a shot.

Note: Do not play this drinking game with the Fenian Raids episode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

People soaking up Dillinger's blood to take home as a souvenir is one of the most bizarre things I've heard on The Dollop so far.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

smidgeonnn posted:

So what could episode 300 be, besides Trump?

Now, say you're a guy...

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Page 42 and 43 are suggestions that I asked for and they are all incredible.

Good suggestions on those pages, but the Pedestrianism episode was left out. Easily one of my top five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

GlenMR posted:

I never listened to Walking the Room, but Greg Behrendt always had a rep as a super abrasive dude, so while your post doesn't surprise me, can you go into more detail? Is it real tension or played up for effect? I'd like to listen to it eventually, but it sounds like I might find it tough to get through.

Having listened to the entirety of Walking the Room, I'm not sure where that reputation is coming from. I haven't kept up with him recently, but Behrendt always struck me as a dumb goofball sort of guy who occasionally went into cycles of depression like many people. They had a somewhat antagonistic relationship but nothing beyond the usual thing of comedians grilling each other.