Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

AndrewP posted:

I always wondered why Dave never gave any credit to the writers of the stuff he reads. Surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

He's mentioned researchers in passing before but he's also mentioned writing it himself (autocorrect and such.) He says they're going to make a statement tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Yeah, how does anybody not know? It's like 7th grade psychology.

We googled Talleyrand and it's apparently a bar so we're going with that.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
So I'd heard of the purple people because they're less than 10 minutes from where my parents live but I'd never really known anything about them.

What the gently caress?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Berzerker posted:

I've only listened to two episodes of MFM (early ones) but my main issue with it was that it wasn't really a true crime podcast (there were a lot of instances of them being like, "I think uhhhh, I think then this happened? Or something?") and it wasn't really a comedy podcast. It was 2 people who are funny, doing their best to remember true crime stories. Do they get more prepared in later episodes?

I started at the newest and I'm working backwards. They spend 10-20 minutes chatting and then they each tell a story they prepared ahead of time. Just listen to a more recent one and see if you like it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Lord Hydronium posted:

I live near Tufts, and after listening to the Roger Babson episode, I had to see for myself:

It's true. All of it. I must have passed by this dozens of times and never actually read it.

Imagine reading this without knowing who he was. Semi-insulator, airplane accidents wait what?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Can someone explain the Solder Children story a bit more? Like it's so strange and Dave unleashes so many loose ends...

Guy turns down protection racket, racketeers burn down his house. His children all die in a fire. He spends the rest of his life looking for his dead children who he is convinced escaped.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I mean I guess. What the hell happened to the PI they sent to Kentucky? If it didn't matter why bring it up!?!!?

An old man gives you money to find his dead children. You have no morals. What would you do?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does anybody know where I can download the plagiarized episodes?

They took them down?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
A couple really horrible jokes but overall a really good episode.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The episode about the undercover anti-gay squad at Norfolk is one of the best.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Look I just want to hear the side of the story from the lady that said 'sign here to sign away your rights to the rocket belt please' to the hasn't eaten or bathed for a week-handcuffed to a chair-has a gun to his head man.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Didn't Dave permanently quit twitter but this time for realsies?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

SalTheBard posted:

I've listened to a lot of episodes of the Dollop over the last 5 days:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
Competitive Endurance Tickling (and then watched Tickled on HBO right after that)
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Philadelphia Mayor Frank Rizzo
Americas Worst Lottery Winner
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

Are there any MUST LISTEN episodes that I haven't hit yet? Newport Sex Scandal was so hilarious, it's mind blowing that poo poo like that actually happened.

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Franchescanado posted:

By the way, I'd recommend The Death of Stalin for Dollop fans. It's basically a movie version of a Dollop episode. The acting is top notch.

It's absolutely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Rodyle posted:

Lol Dave's fury at people skipping the insane ads.

I've taken The Dollop out of my auto playlist because the ads are so bad. If an episode came up while I was driving and unable to skip ads I'd be stuck listening to 10-15 minutes of nonsense.