Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

tnimark posted:

I wish Luke McGregor would stop making those weird, high pitched sounds after every sentence.

I'm not sure if it's a verbal tic or a half choked titter but it's sure as gently caress annoying to listen to.

Also, even while standing in a former penal colony no one understands what "transportation" means.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I stopped listening to the most recent episode about halfway through after thinking "I don't know who this Emo Phillips-sounding guy is but I wish he'd shut the hell up."
Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

oatgan posted:

Dave is doing a very poor job at handling this

Yeah, he's being a petulant moron about it. It's pretty pathetic.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
"One of our rarely used sources, an online author, has publicly stated that The Dollop plagiarized their work and violated their copyright."

Very high-minded of Dave to go out of his way to still not mention the name of the website/podcast he's issuing this non-apology to.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

tnimark posted:

I've always found Dave to be obnoxious to some degree. And I say that as someone who loves The Dollop

I realize it's probably partly due to the format, but on The Dollop it feels like 99% of the laughs are provided by Gary who's ten times faster on his feet than Dave is.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

possibly some of the best guests they've had i think

A low bar imo, but yeah, really good episode.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
I want them to do one about the female ethics professor/disability advocate who convinced herself a diaper wearing black man with the mental capacity of a toddler secretly shared all her upper middle class interests and that the two of them were deeply in love. I'd love to hear Gary's reaction to "facilitated communication".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749863&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
My favourite quote from the article in the OP:
"When Wesley told Anna he thought she had taken advantage of his brother, she could not muster a response. At last, with her help, D.J. began typing: ‘‘No one’s been taken advantage of. I’ve been trying to seduce Anna for years, and she resisted valiantly.’’ Then he typed another message, meant for Anna: ‘‘Kiss me.’’ Wesley walked out."

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 16, 2016

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Quixotic1 posted:

why not someone with actual historical knowledge.

it's Dave reading a glorified wikipedia article; let's not go crazy here.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Serf posted:

Gareth's issue imo is that he drags out the bits for too long and also steps all over bits attempted by the guests if they're not assertive enough.

He throws a lot of spaghetti at the wall but the jokes that do land tend to be hilarious imo. He's miles better than Dave at least.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

LentThem posted:

i listen to the podcast in spite of Dave

Same. Not so much because he's a petulant rear end in a top hat but because all the comedy is provided by Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

dougdougdougdoug posted:

So, you don't listen for the guy whose job is to the straight man on the show?

Do tell.

Nah, I get the dynamic of the show. But come on. It's not like Dave is some stoic narrator that won't do a bit himself or try to push back on Gareth. His jokes just don't land that often IMO.

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 14, 2018