Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

And I always thought it would be Greg who would bring down Dave's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Dave's response is up on facebook. In general it's well handled except for the "you can't copyright historical events" bit and his complete lack of understanding about fair use.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I get the feeling Dave would be a very difficult person to be friends with.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Gyges posted:

Does the Dollop take suggestions for future episodes? I'd love to hear their reaction to the Petticoat Affair, especially since Dave would have to throw in some Andrew Jackson insane back story to explain the thing.

Yes. Send them on Twitter.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

ChetReckless posted:

Email thedolloppodcast@gmail.com. They don't like suggestions via Facebook or Twitter or whatever, just the email.

You're no fun at all.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Which episode was this?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

drat it, now I want pancakes.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I'm almost certain that MFM will end with one of them being killed by a psycho listener.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

He'd probably appreciate you pointing out the poor sound quality to him on Twitter or someplace.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

For a while no episodes released after Wednesday last week for any of the podcasts I listen to were showing up in iTunes but sure, Dave, it's all about you.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

I love this dead gay podcast but I cannot handle three hours of Trump Dollop right now.

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO GARFIE

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Waaaaaaaaah! People are mean!

quote:

So, I'm going to reel in my interaction with fans of the Dollop. The vast majority of you are great. By far. There's just a group of complainers who are basically relentless.

Recently we did three weekends of shows in a row. 9 shows in three weeks. Tons of writing, tons of travel. That's a shitload of work. So much so that I was exhausted to the point my body was aching.

While the episodes we uploaded were well received, holy poo poo some people just can't stop themselves. Emails, facebook messages, tweets, about how much they don't like the live episodes. It's just tedious to put in that much work and then have a bunch of people give us poo poo.

I'm not a fan of live albums by bands. So I don't listen to them. What I don't do is write to the band and tell them that.

Anyway, I've sort of reached a breaking point now with complaints. If it's not this it's something else. I'm just going to not read much as far as messages here and I won't be looking at comments. Same goes for Twitter. Emails I will read once a week.

Sorry. I obviously appreciate all of you who are normal and supportive.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Previa_fun posted:

lol you're one of those people aren't you

Nope, I like the live shows just fine and have never complained about the sound quality. But Dave’s just the sort of guy who puts on a big show of being a tough guy who gives no fucks but who throws big dramatic tantrums when things don’t go his way. I can’t imagine that the number of complainers compared to the number of weekly downloads was significant. Just ignore them and go to sleep on your pile of Talkspace money.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I’d bet the other 2 parts are just connected thematically, like Cheney/Haliburton and Bannon/Breitbart or something.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

oh dope posted:

I'm a cis white dude so what do I know, but is this an example of a topic they should maybe steer clear of? It seems like it's kinda hard to land jokes about a subject that you can't really relate to. Are there subjects Dave has explicit stated he won't touch, other than serial killers?

But Dave’s super woke so there’s no way it could go wrong.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Dave’s SoCal pronunciation of Oranje is inching me closer and closer to a murderous rage.

Maybe I should correct him on Twitter and also comment on the sound quality.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Bird Week on the Dollop is strong.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Yeah, Overcast just loaded that one up as a new episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

neurotech posted:

I've enjoyed the Dave/Gareth QAA episodes. Can I please get some recommendations for some other good QAA episodes to check out?

Any of the stuff on the -48 cult is good. There’s one episode about a woman whose sister was in the cult and it’s just heart wrenching. Anything on the Queen of Canada is good too.