Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

Anyone know why Ep. 4 - Ghosts has disappeared from the feed?

Weird that you just asked this, I introduced a friend to the podcast and they asked me the same thing last night. She listened to it on youtube and said the only thing she found that could possibly be objectionable is they make fun of Ke$ha being raped by a ghost or something along those lines. I have a feeling that they edited it to credit some source differently.

Anyways I got tickets to the Detroit/Royal Oak show and I'm dead center, row 4. Looking forward to getting edited out of the live recording again. Last time I had a few cocktails before the show and Dave asked "Who here likes Trump?" and I yelled "wooo" really loud because I thought he said "who here is drunk?" A bunch of people around me turned and looked at me. They clipped that part out of the recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
been listening to a few again lately: Fighting Irish vs The Klan, AC/DC, Bad rear end Samuel Whittemore, and The Dark Secret of American Swimming Pools are so good

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
huh, i wonder what list im on to be blocked by the dollops twitter

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
ive never interacted with the pod. whatever, idc, probably just for following some cool dudes online

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm going to the live show in MI and they want us to wear masks the whole time. Not sure if I'm still going to go.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im seeing the dollop live on friday, bought 4 tickets, i have one friend that likes the show coming.

the other 2 tickets, i'm honestly afraid it's going to be too embarrassing to invite newbies along the way the shows been going

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
is it less preachy than modern dollop episodes?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

I always assumed the guy who died riding a Segway was its creator, not the guy who bought the company, so I learned something

same. a place by me had a series of woven tapestries that depicted inventors killed by their inventions, and the segway guy falling off the cliff was one of them.

glad i didn't buy them.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

The Past Times is good but it's jarring how it was obviously recorded 1-2 years ago. Wonder why they held on to them so long.

Really? What makes you think that? I never noticed it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the reverse dollop was actually good.

it's been awhile since i've genuinely enjoyed an ep like that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Thomas H Jones episode is really good. I had not heard that story before but I've heard of similar stories where slaves just had to deal with so much unimaginable horror.

that one was good, but the william clark one was very boring

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rochallor posted:

I see the snorer has outed themselves.

I don't know if it's that they're delving into more and more obscure topics or Dave has just gotten worse, but I find it really hard to concentrate on episodes. I listen to a lot of "explain a thing" type podcasts and most of them are extremely easy to pause partway through and pickup, or begin at another part if they're multiple episodes, but I can completely lose the plot of a Dollop 15 minutes in and spend 10 minutes trying to figure out who the characters are and what they're doing. I'm mostly only listening to the live episodes at this point because I figure they have to choose a subject that's particularly interesting, but even then it's not all hits. Once the William Clark episode revealed that it was going to be about this guy becoming a congressperson by hook or by crook it was pretty good.

i actually nodded off at a live show of theirs because i was too drunk once.

but yeah, i've had the same issue, where i'll get lost 15 mins in. if that happens, i just consider the ep a loss and skip it. plenty of other podcasts to listen to in the meanwhile.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oyster one was a lot of fun

they better make 600 fun and good like the trump one and not just a bunch of lame twitter takes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Willie Dee and The Rube are my favorite.

The Willie Dee one is an absolutely insane story.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah the Shanghai Kelly's ep was a great one, too.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I miss those days. Dave's doomerism makes me not want to listen to new episodes at all, I just go back through the old ones.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah exactly, i can see the title and immediately tell if dave is going to be insufferable or not during it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i introduced the dollop to a friend and she liked the first like, 30 episodes, and so when she saw that they were coming to town, we all went and saw them.

afterwards she told her husband she felt like she was getting preached at the whole time and it turned her off of the show and she stopped listening.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

scary ghost dog posted:

havent seen a live show but dave absolutely shouts at and then angrily glares at the live audiences as if to say, “you had better loving understand why im mad about this”

ive been to 3 in the detroit area.

the first one, about henry ford's henchman, who crushed strikes and had matt christman from chapo as a guest was fun and hilarious without all the preaching.

the one i brought my friend to was the charles lindbergh, where for some reason dave was angry about everything.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Eh, most of the really long videos are just podcasts that want to monetize through YouTube. At most you're second-screening them or "watching" them in little bits and Youtube is like 75% good at remembering your spot. Not much different than a podcast. That said I haven't touched it, feel like I got the gist of it from seeing people talk about it and lol at a 4 hour video tearing down people that I didn't watch.

The main thing that was frustrating with Dave's plagiarism, especially when he was just lifting huge chunks, was that for most of them he probably could have just chucked the writer a few hundred and maybe a shoutout and been fine. Going off of memory but the one guy he lifted a whole article or two from implied he ended up paid and seemed happy enough with the outcome. And he spent so much time complaining about how hard the podcast was to research, and how much time it took and how if only the podcast made X dollars he'd hire somebody and yes the Patreon passed that goal but he still hadn't hired anybody.

Last Podcast on the Left does the same thing, but with books usually, and they've had no problem just doing a friendly shoutout to the author at the start of the podcast. At least a few of them have written in laughing about how their dry book diving into Tupac and Biggie just sold a hundred books out of nowhere and they just found out why. It really isn't that hard. Dave threw a huge hissy fit like people wanted "George Washington was the first president[1][2]" when it just needed a shoutout. Nobody's coming because they think Dave's a genius historian or god I hope they aren't.

tl;dr

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah i was pleasantly surprised to get a new dollop baseball ep.

about halfway in, great so far

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
this flopper episode is a great start, feels like a classic dollop story

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Just finished the ep. This one is was excellent and one of my favorites over the past couple years.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm trying to remember how many years he was trying to do some kind of climate change group and then just gave up

planitchange10.com now redirects to exxon mobile's site

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
just realized there's not an "e" on the end of mobil after 41 years

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
fenians are the jan 6ers for canada

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
pinkerton part 1 was pretty good, the old man issuing orders from a rocking chair cracked me up.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
It was a weird time for this episode to drop because I had to drive over to Ann Arbor today and had my earbuds in and literally walked by the Pinkerton HQ while listening to the ep.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
no im not a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
early on they found that they had a ton of listeners in australia for some reason, so they tour there