Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had not gotten around to listening to the two PG&E episodes but I did today and good lord

I knew some of the details but the constant repeated process of paying dividends to shareholders while refusing to fix their mistakes and getting people killed with negligence is amazing

The entire existence of this company is a perfect example of why private utilities should be illegal

It's one episode where atonal, enraged shrieking is a pretty solid reaction. Rich assholes got richer over the charred homes and bodies of other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oysters are what happens when you snort a tablespoon of salt then hock a loogie.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Some of this poo poo that's the only honest answer though. Their episode about PG&E? How else do you respond to "The lucky ones only lost everything they had, the rest died in a literal fire so some rich rear end in a top hat could make number go up and will never feel a moment's remorse for what they did"?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had only ever heard the name before and nothing else. Shockingly that company has an extremely hosed up corporate culture.

Corporation, cult, tomatoh, tomahtoe.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What a wild loving episode.

How much does your underwear weigh humanzee?