Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The second LAPD episode has very little to do with police brutality and is more about the wholesale corruption in early 1900s LA. One of the main players Dave covers is truly amazing and would have been great fodder for a Dollop episode all on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Man, I kinda knew the story of Kellogg already (it was on Drunk History) but somehow I totally missed that stuff about him being a huge proponent of child genital mutilation. I want to find his grave and jerk off on it :mad:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

:patriot: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1075649 (in on page 4 hell yeah)

The Molasses flood is crazy for how destructive it was compared to how silly it sounds, but I'm not sure you can wrangle a whole story out of it. Then again they got a lot of mileage out of the Kentucky Meat Shower, so what do I know!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

This miniature doc about Action Park is loving great (and features Chris Gethard (who rules) as mentioned by Dave in the episode)

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Alfred's tour of Australia is my favorite episode in a long while. So many separate chapters of just everyone loving up, and the bewildered civic pride from the guest and audience was hugely endearing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Enormous companies faltering a little in marketing and slipping to second place in their industry, but still making billions of dollars, is not an interesting story. The crazy Swedish mafia network and Ferrari-wrecking drama behind the otherwise-forgotten Gizmondo? 1 2 Closer to Dollop material imho, and that still might not be enough for a decent episode.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Rory Scovel is really loving funny and he was good (albeit maybe overly silly) in the live ep imho

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

what a loving insane story. holy moly

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Boy, the stories of people profiting from true, unmitigated evil and getting away with it are hard to get through sometimes.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Ceramics posted:

All around incredible ep but I don't know if I've ever laughed harder at the podcast then when they mention the Australian name for the telephone game is chinese whispers

Yeah, that hit me super hard. It wasn't even the kind of racist that I was expecting!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Woof, I somehow grew up in New England and everything and never heard about the Boston busing or that photo of the gently caress with the flagpole or anything. poo poo man.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

The last five minutes or so of today's episode is an instant entry in the pantheon of all-time great Dollop moments. A great reveal, and a perfect Gareth reaction that almost certainly mirrors your own.

100% agreed. drat that rules

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The New York - Paris race episode is insanely great. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Just got around to "America's First Ghost" and come on. come onnn, what! what??? come on!!!