Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Fiendly posted:

...but it's been in the back of my mind for a long time how much effort should be required for Dave's side of the podcast, how clearly Dave hasn't been the one doing that work since he never makes a big deal out of it, and how he almost never speaks a word about who actually is responsible for it, which has had me worried this would happen for a while. It's real unfortunate, and I don't think there even is a good way to make it right, not that they're even trying, but I am gonna keep listening to the show against Dave's childish wishes. I'm just going to feel dirty about it.

This.

I love the podcast, but goddamn is Dave being a loving petulant teen about it. Cite, give credit, ask to do so if possible. Reading a wiki is not the same as a sourced, well written narrative.

If he read most of an episode from Hardcore History and then just riffed on it, nobody would argue that Dan Carlin's engaging writing had nothing to do with that.

Still gonna listen, just pointing that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

quote:

I just want people to stop crushing us with our own material.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

...would all you guys who never posted in here before the drama kindly grab your outrage and gently caress off again?

Nobody was outraged, it's not your thread, go gently caress yourself.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Dave addresses the source / DI thing in the new episode, albeit reluctantly remorseful.

His goblin impressions make up for it.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Haha, he did pull it.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The Dollop is easy to enjoy if you've never thought of Dave as anything other than a dumb oaf. Audio problems and failure to understand fair use barely even register as issues.

He got a real pass on that, even after the awful 'Can't copyright history' defense. Deleting the last episode is just hilariously thin-skinned, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Yes, they finally got to Phineas Gage.

Yeah, how does anybody not know? It's like 7th grade psychology.