Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

This is how badly the Dollop has warped my sense of history: before starting the "Tong Wars" episode--despite knowing the meaning of the word--all I thought was "Jesus, there was some kind of sordid history between two companies trying to market kitchen tongs!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

I checked this out because I generally like the McElroy boys but this kind of thing just works way better for me if both hosts are funny.

The ep I listened to covered the same topic as The Stomach Men, just in way less detail when it came to the actual relationship between the two guys. It's also crazy to hear the difference between a doctor and a comedian's version of the story.

Cereal Men is one of my favorite episodes.

If only for the turn when Gareth completely loses his poo poo.

But for anyone who didn't listen to the latest live one, don't. It's an average story and Al Madrigal adds nothing but dead weight and that godawful laugh.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

God, when I read "they were in my pocket" I really hope he means a pocket of his luggage or a camera bag or something. Because if you're just throwing two SD cards into the sides of your pants and then sitting down on an airplane, come the gently caress on Dave. Act like a professional with some bit of foresight. It's obviously a free podcast and it's not that I feel entitled, but between this and the echo tantrum he needs to just get poo poo together.

But there is a shining light. We didn't lose Adelaaaaaaaaide.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I picture Dave so blinded by anger he's not even thinking "I COULD just turn off notifications of people tweeting at me instead of flipping out and scorching the earth."

Edit: the Reddit page appears to still be there, but that doesn't get a lot of traffic

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Has anyone here actually watched Tickled? I watched the trailer again today and man I want to watch it but I also kind of want to wait for the Dollop commentary track for it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Piquai Souban posted:

Anyone have a mirror for the early few episodes Dave took down? I listened to them as a WTR fan but obviously didn't save them.

drat, I thought I had them saved in my second hard drive (I still have all the old WTRs) but no dice. Most of the links look broken online, but did find descriptions to maybe help others find stuff.

Dollop I: Mike Tyson (this one is in the WTF feed, between 143 and 144)
Dollop II: New Pope
Dollop III: Teg Nugent
Dollop IV: competitive eating

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Superstring posted:

#46 Cereal Men is worth it just for Gareth's realization partway through.

SNAP, CRACKLE, AND loving POP?!?!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Also in "can't wait!" news:

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/826885492889096198

gently caress yeah, Texas getting some attention.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I work at Chevron in Houston, I really want to be able to tell them when they visit "I listened to the Enron episode from inside the old Enron building".

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I think at one point, they mention very quickly it was probably in part Potassium or Sodium, so yes it's reacting with water and giving off some burnable hydrogen but A) just a super small amount B) would eventually consume the material entirely .

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

lol you're one of those people aren't you

I think it's more the fact that it's the most Dave Anthony thing to do to leave in a visible huff with a screed instead of just quietly stopping the interaction and ignoring these kind of people. The kind of people he's calling out aren't going to have their behavior changed by a post like this.

That said, it's still absolutely understandable he feels this way. Fandoms (all fandoms) are the worst, and I hope doing this makes them both feel better about continue to do and enjoy the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

All this just makes me want to go back and relisten to all of Walking the Room, where Dave’s anger and frustration is contained in a closet and not out in the world.