Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Senor Tron posted:

The Dollop is my favourite podcast at the moment, and it's great to see Dave Anthony getting some success. Anyone else feel like he has picked up a few Greg mannerisms? Stuff like him singing a new theme tune at the start of episodes is very Greggy.

I think he just adopted some of Greg's schtick from WTR for the purpose of the podcast. I tweeted at them at some point that Dave is the Greg of The Dollop and honestly he is. Gary is a way way less aggro Dave from WTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's Galloppoli damnit!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

head58 posted:

And I always thought it would be Greg who would bring down Dave's career.

Going back to even his days on WTR it's not surprising that Dave would wreck something he did. It makes perfect sense that he would damage himself acting exactly how he describes his dad. The best ending that we'll realistically get is a begrudging citation segment at the end of episodes that Dave is pissy about every time.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The only time I can think of Dave actually sounding apologetic about anything was on Walking The Room when they apologized for saying "tranny". Greg really was a good buffer for Dave's ragey defensiveness. I honestly never thought he was actually putting these things together himself beyond the first few episodes, but holy poo poo man own up to it. I'll keep listening, but I do think less of Dave for this whole thing. poo poo his wife is a PhD she could explain that yeah this is plagiarism as gently caress as far as academia is concerned which is why his definition is of plagiarism doesn't work here. In the entertainment world this might fly but gently caress off outside of that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Are the Iraq war episodes like the LAPD episodes? As in "skip if you don't want to be ultra bummed".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Gyges posted:

Does the Dollop take suggestions for future episodes? I'd love to hear their reaction to the Petticoat Affair, especially since Dave would have to throw in some Andrew Jackson insane back story to explain the thing.

He does. I think just wants a elevator pitch of possible episodes.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He's back making GBS threads on Dan Blizerian now. Status quo restored.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Best deleted dollop was Ted Nugent. I knew he wad a poo poo going in but goddamn.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dave's quit twitter more than once. Same with podcasts and other things he'll be back. I'm waiting for him to quit podfest then come back. I unfollowed him a while ago like every other person who tweeted nothing but their political bullshit everyday. I couldn't take literally everyone with the vaguest interest in politics becoming absurdly preachy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

If only they didn't know him Greg would make a great Smollop episode.

I'm convinced Greg would insist on being on the episode for the sake of a roast.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Garth talks too much in the live shows

And Gary's new name was discovered

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah that's just a Waking The Room tweet which is it's own can of worms

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah I'm not hashing how well Walking the Room has aged. Ya'll want to have that one out go for it but that tweet is some big Walking the Room energy from the time it was still going.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Billy Gnosis posted:

I was a huge walking the room fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I feel like most of walking the room wasn't that kind of humor. It just cropped up a few times. It was way more of a celebration of their weird lives and their downward career path.

Then the world became walking the room in the lead up to Trumps election

Often scatalogical but not racist etc like some of those tweets . I'm sure a bunch aged like milk though I haven't listened in years. Probably more rape jokes than anyone should tell as was style at the time

Yeah I'm not meaning to imply that Dave and Greg were racist no but the "I'll rape you in the bad way" is dead rear end Walking the Room.

The other stuff I've seen people dig up of Bean Dad and Dave is just straight from the closet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Rube and Dolphin Fucker are the greatest Dollops and I will hear no arguments about The Rube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Froghammer posted:

It blows my mind that people are still giving Peter Popoff their money

Dude Jim Bakker is still rolling in cash mostly selling doomsday survival kits