Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
He said on Twitter he can't look at the pictures. Totally understandable I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Better than the Emu War?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Today's second Dollop was a motherfucker of a show. When do the live ones go up? Regular schedule?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Without giving away any of the content can you tell us what the title of the show was?

Alas, I cannot, because I don't know it. But it was about Macquarie Island.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Getting a poster signed after the show tonight found out that the story I researched was the first of the two shows last night. Super keen to hear it!

That one took one hell of a turn man. I had no idea that guy even existed.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Arj Barker, who's an American stand-up who is real goddamn popular over here.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Yet to finish one of his episodes sober.

Neither has he!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

"This is gonna be a rough one" kinda summed up that night.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

207 - Animal Horror of Macquarie Island - so funny but HOLY poo poo. The guest is amazing!

That's Wil Anderson. He's on a good 70-80% of the Australian Dollops. Dave and Gareth are regular guests on his podcast too.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Walking the Room, the precious podcast he did which is very hard to listen to unless you want to hear two people with barely contained hatred for each other interacting. His album is called Hothead for a reason

I never listened to Walking the Room, but Greg Behrendt always had a rep as a super abrasive dude, so while your post doesn't surprise me, can you go into more detail? Is it real tension or played up for effect? I'd like to listen to it eventually, but it sounds like I might find it tough to get through.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Snowy posted:

My great great great grandfather (give or take a great) was the first to find gold in Australia and I hoped there might be a chance he'd pop up in there somewhere.

Edward Hargraves? He's mentioned briefly on an upcoming live episode, if memory serves.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Fo3 posted:

I don't know about surgery but he said somewhere (not sure if on the dollop), that he has a spine condition so bad he can't sit down long and it's getting worse. He has a TV show in Aus where he really, really, didn't want to do it unless he could stand up the entire time and he couldn't, so he had to sit through the entire thing in agony and not say much.
If he did say something during last years dollop I'm pretty sure he went into more detail on one of his stand ups like critically wil or wiluminati or an ABC TV programme anyway. E: :lol: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-17/wil-anderson-arrested-after-incident-on-aeroplane/8627834

Yeah, he has pretty advanced Osteoarthritis (as in, he's said he'll need a double hip replacement in the next few years) and nerve pinching in his lower back, so he has been in a ton of pain for the last year. Going from standing to sitting is apparently a nightmare process. He's talked about a lot on his TOFOP and FOFOP shows. It's pretty lovely.

The plane incident is the basis for his Comedy Festival show this year. I'm looking forward to it.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

rotinaj posted:

So, Dave launched a Facebook group a little bit ago to no reaction whatsoever called "Plan It Change 10". He is very concerned about climate change, and feels that there has been too much bullshit and not enough movement on a worldwide threat. I agree with him, and am curious to see what he intends to do with his audience/reach.

Today, he posted this update.

Anyone else actually interested in what this may be, or may never become?

The Hamer Hall speech was quite heavy. The room was silent for him, though Nick Cody tried to crack a couple of jokes to lighten the mood.

The idea seems to be to use artists and children to change the tone of climate debate from a scientific debate to an emotional one. The scientists have done their job, and it's up to the rest of us to do something about it. I think it's a decent idea, though I'm curious to see how it shakes out.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

H.W-cast just went up on Patreon. Doesn't seem to be on the main feed though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Row 209 really pushing up the 'Animals Killed' average.