Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Future Days posted:

Bear in mind that this is the kind of poo poo that happens in my country:

For those unaware, that's the official Twitter account from the Presidential Palace. The Tweet was also shared by other state agencies and such.

:laffo: :laffo:

He fled to Israel from Uruguay so that he didn't had to take an Aerolineas Argentinas flight. Of course, those aligned with the govt. are saying that he's a zionist pig alligned with mossad and all that kind of bullshit you'd expect from the shitbrains that keep supporting these people.

What's that picture of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Pacther being the killer would definitely make me buy the DVD box set of this season of Argentina.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

What's that picture of?

It's a screenshot from an airport computer, that's basically the original feed of the electronic record of the purchase. It shows that Damian Ezequiel Patcher bought a ticket to Uruguay.

And to be fair, there isn't actually any firm evidence that Iran was actually directly involved. All that they have been able to uncover is Hezbollah-front Jihad al Islami having done it. Iranian intelligence probably at least knew about it, but nobody has been able to prove anything either.

What I'm trying to say is that it was a combination of Mossad, the back-up news anchor for TN at 3 in the morning, and almirante Rojas.

e: pachter - thatcher

Ghost of Mussolini fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 26, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
On non-murder related Argentinian news, it's incredible the amount of poo poo you have to go through to get a loving BOARDGAME into the country.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

On non-murder related Argentinian news, it's incredible the amount of poo poo you have to go through to get a loving BOARDGAME into the country.

What happened? I remember seeing you had some trouble in the boardgame thread.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

papasyhotcakes posted:

What happened? I remember seeing you had some trouble in the boardgame thread.

I basically bought three boardgames and a brush for my brother's rabbit. I ordered it through Amazon the 3rd of January, got into the country the 7th. It's been there since - DHL (the ones supposed to deliver it) went on holidays and refused to answer any calls/any mails while at the same time giving absolutely no notice at all of their holidays. So it's been stuck in customs since then. Today they contacted me telling me I have to fulfill some online form regarding imports that weight less than 50kg and are less than a thousand dollars.

Sure, whatever. I go into the website and hey there, I need a fiscal code. Which I do not have due to my economical situation (unemployed uni student, the order was a new year gift). Contacted the AFIP (Federal Administration of Public Income) and everything's hinting towards me having to register myself as a monotributist, which is a category mostly applied to self-employed individuals and small enterprises, which I am neither. It would imply having to pay a tax due to profit, for supposedly earning a certain amount of money I don't actually earn (but it's the expected amount for a monotributist), which is kind of a tall order if that's what they expect me to do to finally get my freaking shipment. Currently contacting Amazon to see what are the rules on returning stuff that's just stuck in customs.
I'm going to go in person to the closest AFIP agency and see what the hell I can do, but I'm not too hopeful.

Last time I ordered from Amazon, two years ago, the books I ordered got through just fine - though a month and a half after they entered the country. Now it's just a mess.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

Now it's just a mess.

Jesús it sure sounds like one. Importing stuff is a massive pain in the rear end for all LatAm as far as I know (I tried to import some warmachine a little while ago and it took about two months to arrive) Hope it is solved soon and you can get your products or at least your money back.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

papasyhotcakes posted:

Jesús it sure sounds like one. Importing stuff is a massive pain in the rear end for all LatAm as far as I know (I tried to import some warmachine a little while ago and it took about two months to arrive) Hope it is solved soon and you can get your products or at least your money back.

Thanks! I did not know other LatAm countries were having sinilar issues.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Importing stuff has always been a crapshoot in Argentina. Even until the current attempt by the government to staunch foreign currency flight by stopping internet purchases, like what happened to Azran. Before that, you could import books more or less freely, but most everyone else was subject to import taxes (50% of the value of the object). Of course, that only applied if the customs people realized/were not looking for a bribe. Nowadays is even more complicated. Still, a friend imported a loving PS4 through Amazon by bundling it with a single book and declaring the whole thing to be books. Zero problems, got it in his home in less than two weeks.

~Banana Republic~

I've actually been looking at importing Boardgames since I always liked them and the offer from Gaming Stores here is poor and stupidly overinflated, but gave up. They are just too unwieldy to make it through customs. Really your main choice for importing that kind of thing is waiting for relatives/friends to travel abroad and burdening them with requests.

I think Brazil has their own Amazon website and infrastructure, so they have it better. Too bad that infrastructure doesn't expand to the rest of the continent...

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Azran posted:

Thanks! I did not know other LatAm countries were having sinilar issues.

At least in Chile, I can confirm that it's a pain in the rear end and so expensive it makes importing small items for personal use uneconomic.

Unless you have a network of mules friends who travel internationally and can bring you stuff. :devil:

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Regarding the Nisman debacle. The President went on TV for about an hour during primetime. The important statement is that the Secretariat of Intelligence is going to be disbanded and replaced with a "Federal Intelligence Agency", which will have some of its powers transferred away to other institutions, and will have more oversight from Congress and the Judicial branch in general. Whether any of this will actually work out as promised or whether it will just be a shell game of shifting spies around is anyone's guess. She also spoke at length about her theories at to what is going on with the case, and those bits were rather sad really. Its just conspiracy theorycrafting at this point and no different to what people are just sitting around saying on tv (or at a bar or whatever, given the elaboration the level of evidence presented). Obviously the opposition has taken the opportunity gladly and they're running all over the place saying how poo poo the speech was etc.

In English, the Guardian ran a bit of an overview piece. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/27/argentina-intelligence-secretariat-shady-history
The Buenos Aires Herald is also a decent source if you can't manage Spanish at all and are interested in what's going on.

:sax:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Regarding the Nisman debacle. The President went on TV for about an hour during primetime. The important statement is that the Secretariat of Intelligence is going to be disbanded and replaced with a "Federal Intelligence Agency", which will have some of its powers transferred away to other institutions, and will have more oversight from Congress and the Judicial branch in general. Whether any of this will actually work out as promised or whether it will just be a shell game of shifting spies around is anyone's guess. She also spoke at length about her theories at to what is going on with the case, and those bits were rather sad really. Its just conspiracy theorycrafting at this point and no different to what people are just sitting around saying on tv (or at a bar or whatever, given the elaboration the level of evidence presented). Obviously the opposition has taken the opportunity gladly and they're running all over the place saying how poo poo the speech was etc.

Basically this:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Future Days posted:

Basically this:

The Putin of the South.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Nonsense posted:

The Putin of the South.
Time to recover Uruguay! :hist101:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Shouldn't that be the Falkland Islands?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I dont know posted:

We don't need that many boats for Uruguay. :downs:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

I dont know posted:

Uruguay would spare the Argentinian military the humiliation of being defeated by penguins.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Gotta get a piece of that sweet sweet pot, abortions and beaches.

I dont know posted:

Shouldn't that be the Malvinas?

FTFY

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

wateroverfire posted:

Unless you have a network of mules friends who travel internationally and can bring you stuff. :devil:

This. One would think that having a land border with the USA would make importing stuff to México easier, but in practice is just better to wait for people who are going there to bring that sweet nerd poo poo down here.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

papasyhotcakes posted:

Amazon understood my situation and refunded the totality of the payment, including the $75 tax for getting stuff into the country. I'm amazed, and really happy.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

Amazon understood my situation and refunded the totality of the payment, including the $75 tax for getting stuff into the country. I'm amazed, and really happy.

Congratulations! It is awesome that amazon was so understanding of the situation.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
You should move to a cool country like Uruguay where the government was forced by the US to allow people to make purchases for under $200 tax free*

Also if Argentina invaded Uruguay it would be a giant fist fight because none of the countries have any weapons.

*5 purchases per year per person

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Polidoro posted:

You should move to a cool country like Uruguay where the government was forced by the US to allow people to make purchases for under $200 tax free*

Also if Argentina invaded Uruguay it would be a giant fist fight because none of the countries have any weapons.

*5 purchases per year per person

Well they also got some cool Guantanamo prisoners in return :v:

Reminder that we almost went to war with Chile for some border fisticuffs this side of the 1900's until some Pope chilled the situation.
And then they backstabbed us during the Malvinas' war.

papasyhotcakes posted:

This. One would think that having a land border with the USA would make importing stuff to México easier, but in practice is just better to wait for people who are going there to bring that sweet nerd poo poo down here.

It's hard being a nerd in Latin America :japan:

Is this really the only thread on Latin America on the forums? I remember looking for one in LAN or Goon Meets but not finding much. There is one in the Tourism subforum I think, but that's mostly yanks getting robbed and drinking bad water or somesuch.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Polidoro posted:

We will send in the crack grandmother suicide bomber battalion from Gualeguaychú and they wont stand a chance.

e: there is a Venezuela thread also in D&D, but other than that I don't think so.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
There's one too in The Ray Parlour.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nonsense posted:

The Putin of the South.

Yeah that is the second time you tried to link them together as pretty much "on the same side."

That said, it would be interesting to actually look at the recent history of the last 25 years of both countries together.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 28, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Banda Oriental belongs to Brasil.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Wouldn't it be easier to pick off the rest of Paraguay? Uruguay has a nice thing going. I studied there for a semester, and would love to go back to pick up a little house and drink mate all day.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

TheImmigrant posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to pick off the rest of Paraguay? Uruguay has a nice thing going. I studied there for a semester, and would love to go back to pick up a little house and drink mate all day.

But the entire population of Paraguay already lives in Buenos Aires, in Villa 31.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Markovnikov posted:

It's hard being a nerd in Latin America :japan:

Surprisingly easy to get manga and anime though, we can thank our Father lord Goku for that.

In less nerdy news: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2015/dead-explosion-cuajimalpa-100832.html

Gas pipe explodes near gyneco-obstetric hospital in Mexico city, killing 2 people and injuring 66 so far. Rescue operations are still ongoing.

https://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/blogs/blognoticias/el-momento-exacto-de-la-explosión-en-cuajimalpa-175155880.html

Vídeo of the exact moment of the blast.

papasyhotcakes fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 29, 2015

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Any Brazgoons up for some wild speculation on the water crisis in São Paulo. As far as I can tell from the press, opinions seem to range from "It looks pretty bad now, but God is Brazilian and he'll send the rains. by the way have you heard about Petrobras?" to "Expect Mad Max-esque, post-apocalyptic scenes, as the Southern Hemisphere's largest city turns into a dustbowl and regular citizens who can't flee find themselves trapped in the middle of an urban war between heavily armed gangs and veritable armies of private security over the few remaining water sources."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

hoiyes posted:

Any Brazgoons up for some wild speculation on the water crisis in São Paulo. As far as I can tell from the press, opinions seem to range from "It looks pretty bad now, but God is Brazilian and he'll send the rains. by the way have you heard about Petrobras?" to "Expect Mad Max-esque, post-apocalyptic scenes, as the Southern Hemisphere's largest city turns into a dustbowl and regular citizens who can't flee find themselves trapped in the middle of an urban war between heavily armed gangs and veritable armies of private security over the few remaining water sources."

How's this different from normal? :rimshot:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The Polícia Militar are neither private nor provide security?

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

wateroverfire posted:

At least in Chile, I can confirm that it's a pain in the rear end and so expensive it makes importing small items for personal use uneconomic.

What kind of items? I haven't had any problems yet importing stuff from Chinese sites (just takes a while, and depending if customs is on their monthly strike), and they don't charge the vat. I've been afraid to try amazon, they charge tax, and it seems like it'd be more likely to get held up in customs.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

hecko posted:

Fútbol :effort:

King Metal posted:

What kind of items? I haven't had any problems yet importing stuff from Chinese sites (just takes a while, and depending if customs is on their monthly strike), and they don't charge the vat. I've been afraid to try amazon, they charge tax, and it seems like it'd be more likely to get held up in customs.

Which items? What Chinese sites?
Yeah, packages from Amazon might get a little more looked at by our benevolent customs overlords than others.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ali Express, I'd bet.

As an aside, it's pretty funny whenever I go to my uni's social sciences floor, because it's full of outright Marxist analogies, slogans and even some anti-Israel posters here and there. After doing a lot of reading on North Korea and Stalin's USSR, some of these are way too funny because they are SO similar.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hecko posted:

Libertadores coming up, bitches. Go Palestino.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Azran posted:

Ali Express, I'd bet.

As an aside, it's pretty funny whenever I go to my uni's social sciences floor, because it's full of outright Marxist analogies, slogans and even some anti-Israel posters here and there. After doing a lot of reading on North Korea and Stalin's USSR, some of these are way too funny because they are SO similar.

I remember our local commie party had a huge banner that featured Mao, Stalin, and Che Guevara back in the 2007 elections. :laffo: Good times.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Future Days posted:

I remember our local commie party had a huge banner that featured Mao, Stalin, and Che Guevara back in the 2007 elections. :laffo: Good times.

One of my professors talked about how he was preparing a speech about imperialist aggression towards our North Korean brothers, and how there's never been any trustworthy sources of any kind of human right violations in North Korea. He was dead serious about it,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

Markovnikov posted:

Fútbol :effort:

Which items? What Chinese sites?
Yeah, packages from Amazon might get a little more looked at by our benevolent customs overlords than others.

Small electronics, clothes. DX.com, banggood.com, aliexpress.com.