Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Is that a parody newspaper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

hecko posted:

It is and it owns.

I stand clarified by the clarification clarificated in this clarificating posts.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

On non-murder related Argentinian news, it's incredible the amount of poo poo you have to go through to get a loving BOARDGAME into the country.

What happened? I remember seeing you had some trouble in the boardgame thread.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

Now it's just a mess.

Jesús it sure sounds like one. Importing stuff is a massive pain in the rear end for all LatAm as far as I know (I tried to import some warmachine a little while ago and it took about two months to arrive) Hope it is solved soon and you can get your products or at least your money back.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

wateroverfire posted:

Unless you have a network of mules friends who travel internationally and can bring you stuff. :devil:

This. One would think that having a land border with the USA would make importing stuff to México easier, but in practice is just better to wait for people who are going there to bring that sweet nerd poo poo down here.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Azran posted:

Amazon understood my situation and refunded the totality of the payment, including the $75 tax for getting stuff into the country. I'm amazed, and really happy.

Congratulations! It is awesome that amazon was so understanding of the situation.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Markovnikov posted:

It's hard being a nerd in Latin America :japan:

Surprisingly easy to get manga and anime though, we can thank our Father lord Goku for that.

In less nerdy news: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2015/dead-explosion-cuajimalpa-100832.html

Gas pipe explodes near gyneco-obstetric hospital in Mexico city, killing 2 people and injuring 66 so far. Rescue operations are still ongoing.

https://mx.noticias.yahoo.com/blogs/blognoticias/el-momento-exacto-de-la-explosión-en-cuajimalpa-175155880.html

Vídeo of the exact moment of the blast.

papasyhotcakes fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 29, 2015

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Just read an horrible excerpt from the book "A Narco History", about the Ayotzinapa students. I had seen the images but I had never read a summary of the whole thing. Dear God I understand the anger of those parents and their need to have answers, even though I do feel that if they haven't turned up by now they are dead.

http://m.truthdig.com/arts_culture/item/the_forty-three_20150313

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

drat, man. It's strange to hear that prices are so terrible in Mexico because here in the States all that we hear is how cheap everything is and how businesses are thriving in Mexico because you beat the dogshit out of us on labor costs. It sucks to hear that it's just workers being exploited and paid below-living wages.

Are the tax hikes and inflation the result of the crash in oil? Or are there other economic issues?

As far as I know it is just plain bad económic policy. México also just went from a progressive tax rate to a flat one, it was sold as simplifying the fiscal system but that is bullshit. The crash in oil prices is aggravating what is already a bad situation on its own.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
In good Mexican news, an independant candidate has won a governorship for the first time in the country's history.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-08/mexico-s-bronco-seen-winning-in-nuevo-leon-as-pri-leads-house

Even though the article does emphasize that the traditional groups still control the rest of the political system, I do find it uplifting that people seem to be fed up with the old parties and their numerous demonstrations of massive corruption.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
They forgot to mention the fact that he used a 1.5 km long tunnel to escape, complete with electricity, ventilación, and an adapted on-rails motorcycle to remove the earth.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You forgot Yu Yu Hakusho my man.

Is it really popular in SA? Most people know who Goku is and the DBZ series is still airing in Mexico, but I never saw the same interest in YYH.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

trucutru posted:

And this only serves to show that even when the Chapo just escaped from a high-security prison using Ocean-11 tactics we Mexicans will still mostly talk about Goku.

Dude the Chapo has already escaped once, big deal, have you seen that Goku is about to explode along with Namekusei?!

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Rayando el sol is the best single of the 20th century and I will fight anyone who dares to contradict me.

(Help me I only have a Maná CD to listen on my car)

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

fnox posted:

Is that loving Don Francisco? He's still around?

Holy poo poo it appears he is indeed still around, hearing his voice just brought me back to my childhood. Sabado Gigante was a mainstay in my parents´house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

i say swears online posted:

yeah I'm mostly confused by AMLO as well

There seems to be a general warming of the relationship between the two countries. AMLO announced Biden will visit Mexico city along Trudeau in December. Maybe this is also part of the same?