Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What are these radical things Bachelet talk about that is scaring away investors?

Becuase outside of nationalization of all property I can't think of what it could be that would seriously effect investors.

Unless this is like the US thing were having taxes is destroying industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Typo posted:

But this discussion isn't even about the legacy of Pinochet, however terrible it was. There are plenty of threads in D&D where we talk about how terrible he was.

It seems like OP proposed some right wing policy and since it is Chile it automatically set off the rage factor, and everyone decided to just call the OP a Pinochist and call it a day. If you think the policies he's outlining are bad (and some of it seems to be) or unreasonable or you have a better solution, you should post it. But right wing+Chile=Pinochet is just lazy debating.

To be fair, the are bringing up Pinochet because water has literally defended Pinochet in the past.

Though I guess it is more that he hated Allende and tolerated Pinochet than liked him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

So how many middle class Americans do we have now saying wateroverfire is a Nazi for criticizing labor laws and that they clearly know what's wrong with LAmerica better than people who live there? 4? 5?

People are being snide but I will bite, Water isn't criticizing the labor laws from some special Latin American place, he is criticizing it from a distinctly right wing point of view, because he is well right wing. Sub your typical American and you would get roughly the same argument.

So nice try?

Also while being from a country can give you insight, it doesn't make you perfect.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

I'm saying that having labor laws so strict they are unenforceable and drive most economic activity underground is a bad thing

England Sucks doesn't agree with that but I guess you are the middle class American he should be listening too, unlike the rest of us posers.

Though he said South America in general so unless they have uniform labor laws (they don't) this doesn't make much sense anyway.