Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its good politics if Jeb makes this an issue. Cuba will need to purchase 100,000 barrels of oil a day at market rates, soon enough; why not make that 100,000 barrels of American oil a day? Whats Bush gonna do, oppose the oil and gas industry?

Doesn't Venezuela provide oil to Cuba at a massive discount? Or are you saying that they will have to stop doing this since their economy is crashing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Azran posted:

I did find a particularly funny quote today:

quote:

This crime will never be resolved and the truth will be never be revealed... because the truth is just a subjective construction made by individuals or groups of individuals. Ergo, truth as a concept is invalid.

:smaug:

Please tell me that this was said by someone of consequence, and not just from the comments section of a news site. :pray:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Time to recover Uruguay! :hist101:

Shouldn't that be the Falkland Islands?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Future Days posted:

On tonight's episode of 'Latin Americans can't have nice things':

My province's elections IRL, right now

(Santa Fe, Argentina)

And just look how happy he is.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mans posted:

they are incredibly conservative and violent torwards women but then want them to almost always be butt naked in parades and TV...

These aren't contradictory. Conservative elements usually divide woman into good and bad categories based on sexuality, and denigrate sexually activity among woman while simultaneously encouraging it. It's the same in the US, the most conservative states always lead in teen pregnancy and domestic abuse by a wide margin, for example. It comes down to asserting authority over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

nerdz posted:

Not all mosquitoes can transmit these diseases, especially in cold northern countries, so most infected people won't be able to spread it. But due to the miracle of nature, we're discovering some new mosquitoes that can transmit the diseases, the hard way. The aedes aegypti mosquito is basically the ultimate human predator. It thrives in cities, has no irritating buzzing sound and a painless bite.

Not to mention that it has an extraordinary large range and is present basically everywhere in the Southern Hemisphere and as far north as Virginia. The cherry is that Aedes Aegypti are also vectors for West Nile, Dengue, and Chikungunya.