Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

In regards to Nisman and what is obviously his murder, it is important to note that there is a deep internal conflict between the Argentine intelligence agencies, particularly within the ex-SIDE, as well as Army intelligence. The intelligence services are the only part of the military who have not had their budgets left to wither to inflation, and they're quite powerful behind the scenes. The new Chief of the Army is the former army intelligence boss, and he's been beset by accusations of involvement in the dirty war (and is most certainly guilty in some degree, there are witnesses who place him inside clandestine detention and torture centers). I don't know if he had anything to do with this, but it goes to the general context that these are institutions that operate how they want and with a fair degree of insulation from the rest of the state.

Both the AMIA and Israeli embassy bombing investigations had a very tough going from the beginning, and they have not made much progress. The intelligence services have been involved from the start. The whole thing with Iran was a cock up that went nowhere.

It's rather tenuous and fantastical to think that the President ordered this man killed, but it is evident that he clearly knew something, or was extremely close to discovering something important. This is probably an internal fix.

E:

This is because a hundred and fifty years ago the 7th male son of a family would be pretty much destined to be a social pariah. At the very least get beaten up at school etc. At worst killed or driven to live in the mountains or something. The tradition of the president becoming the godfather (or godmother, now) is so that nobody would gently caress with these poor kids (given that there was no foundation, surprisingly, that these kids would turn into werewolves). It's obviously just a silly photo op for a slow news day now.

It used to be pretty fun to read the (supposedly) former SIDE agents forum, seprin.com.ar, to see what are the new conspiracies around the government and everything in the news but now It looks like they weren't loving around.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I think it was in 2013 or early 2014 that there were cacerolazos every time the president spoke on tv, and that was almost daily.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

papasyhotcakes posted:

Is that a parody newspaper?

It is and it owns.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
There's one too in The Ray Parlour.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Azran: De donde sos?

Off topic, but in case anybody wants to see the reality through the eyes of a schizo, http://laverdadnopuedeserignorada-02.blogspot.com.ar/

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
It's not even March and we already have the best campaign ad of the year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwxmNAx-qlc
Walter Wayar, former vice gobernor of Salta wants to be the Mayor of Cachi. He has all my votes.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I remember those little 1cent of Austral with the running ñandu in the back.

This is the only bill that matters

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Could be that Brazil thanks to the Mato Groso and Amazonas is somewhat isolated from the rest of the continent save from the southern border with Paraguay, Argentina and Uruguay. So they don't share a lot of common history and cultural ties like you could encounter with gaúchos and their neighbours.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Badger of Basra posted:

Then why are Maduro and Fernández so low? :v:

Cristina's approval rate is about 50% of positive image right now but she has 50% of negative, no middle ground.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
In his case would be "One millionaire discovers A STRANGE LOOPHOLE that lets import auto parts without paying taxes! CUSTOMS AND JUDGES HATE HIM!!"

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Nonsense posted:

What are the odds of toppling the Argentinian dictator and electing a competent human being?

The front runners are Scioli, a peronist governor with a mannequin hand, Macri a neoliberal smuggler with a rich daddy who lives in a different reality and Massa, a Macri clone but a little more street wise.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Except Carrio who claims to be everything but a peronist, everybody claims to be one at some point or another.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
As someone who saw the Nueve Reinas remake I'm an expert of Argentina's economy and culture...

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Happy workers day everybody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm67dMztvqk

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I like this spot for the other FIT candidate Jorge Altamira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcmAgm10X0

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Unfortunately I fear the usual thing will happen and progressive parties will get 5 votes and then splinter into 6 factions.

Fun fact, the PASO are only applicable to Cambiemos, Frente de Izquierda y de los Trabajadores, and Unidos por una Nueva Alternativa. Every single other party/political grouping is already proposing a unified list for the Presidential/Vice-Presidential candidates. So of the 12 PASO lists, popular vote will only have an effect on 3. What a fantastic system.

But every candidate needs a certain % of the votes to be able to participate in the general election so a lot of those unified list wont even get that many votes.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I liked the method used in the last elections in Buenos Aires. It was a mixture of electronic vote and the traditional system. The machines were used like printers and then voters had to cast their physichal vote in ballots.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
A couple of days ago I found this graphic about the relation between economic growth and inequality in Argentina since 1986.

source: https://thevizcorner.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/desigualdad-y-crecimiento-economico-en-argentina/

Let's see if the next president manages continue the trend or gently caress everything up.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Sweatshop workers celebrating their owners victory working double time this sunday.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Markovnikov posted:

:rip: Argentina

That's usually what happens from one government to the next really. I'd be surprised if you managed to NOT find dirt on someone after four years in power. I thought she was a candidate for the PARLASUR? The Mercosur parliament or some other bullshit. She's had plenty of health problems lately so who knows if she (or the country) can survive another four years.

E: At least the schadenfreude from both sides right now is glorious

My favorite conspiracy theory is that she put Scioli as the presidential candidate because would give the victory to Macri and she would be the opposition leader and come back in four years or earlier.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Scioli lost his arm in a motorboat racing accident, an injury that every compañero could relate to.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Macro considers himself a Peronist so it's time for some 90's neoliberal peronism.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Let's get the party started.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Bolivia?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Like a car salesman in charge of the public transport or a rabbi for the environment ministry.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
People were celebrating and banging pots at midnight when CFK mandate finished. I wonder how long it will take for them to do the same protesting Macri.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeqjpTSVM0

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
$10 pesos bill should be Maradona and the $1000 Luca Prodan.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
When you fight the cops but still have to make a buck.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Azran posted:

While I disagree with a few friends who insist that fascim and democracy are one and the same, extreme right-wing poo poo being on the rise all over the world kinda makes me wonder if I'm the one on the wrong here.

I legit don't know what'll happen during the next Argentinian primary election, but at least we haven't got (yet) our very own Bolsonaro.

We already have our own flavor of Bolsonaro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTy1xFVevHM

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Espert getting a lot of coverage for a 2% of the vote candidate.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
We can't even get good quality russian bots down here.

https://www.infobae.com/tecno/2019/...ots-en-campana/

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Mañana le rompemos el orto a Sri Lanka

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The only thing to came out of the Argentine presidential debates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3WJ9AXcT4Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Pochoclo posted:

My mom a week ago: Macri is poo poo, he's destroying the country

My mom today: Ma sí, yo voté a Macri

My Mom: Macri is the worst and is making GBS threads on all of us but I'm going to vote for him anyway.

Edit:
We live in a society
https://twitter.com/Bollino/status/1188502743935266817

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 27, 2019