Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
This is the followup thread to the old Product recommendation megathread!, now sadly closed.

I'll start with a recommendation of mine, this hard-floor vacuum is the best purchase I've made since we bought our new place. $50 for an amazingly easy to use vacuum is a steal.

My request for a recommendation: I need a humidifier for our master bedroom, to be used while we sleep. The room is maybe 13' x 13'. Anyone have good experiences?

edit: Original OP edited in:

Sgs-Cruz posted:

I was thinking that it would be good to have a thread that could be used for two things:

1. Recommending products that you own or have used and are worth the money. Especially for things that most people wouldn't normally think of or are hard to find unbiased reviews for, and might make good gifts for Christmas. Please give a link to the web page for the product!

2. Asking for recommendations for things that don't have their own thread. Example: if you want a computer monitor, there's already a thread, as there is for hot sauce, kitchen knives, and bookshelf speakers. But for more obscure things you should ask here!

So I'll kick it off with three recommendations:

Travel mug: the best travel mug in the world (I know this, I've tried all of them) is the Contigo Autoseal. Costs about $20 (USD) for a two-pack at Costco, but available lots of places. Thing keeps my coffee hot for 3–4 hours and has a button you push to drink from it, so if you ever knock it over, you don't spill anything. edit: Oh yeah, and the lid doesn't get cross-threaded nearly as easily as other brands. I have a Starbucks travel mug where I swear you have to precision-align the lid with a microscope to get it to actually seal. The Contigo just screws on easily and doesn't leak.

Hiking shoes: Merrell Chameleon low-rise. I actually have an older Merrell shoe (Merrell Continuum low-rise with Vibram sole) that they don't make anymore, but I think this is the newer version of it. In any case, the key is the Vibram rubber sole. It has a slight springiness to it that just seems to give me more energy when walking. They also lasted through three months of a backpacking trip, through everything from hiking through mud to seeing a museum. I highly recommend this brand of shoes.

The Kensington SlimType keyboard for the computer. I have been using this for a couple years now and love it. It's a low-profile keyboard so it takes some getting used to if you have used full-stroke keys in the past, but the keys have a very nice feel, and more importantly, it's really quiet (I live in a small apartment). It's also nice and small; important when you have limited desk space and have to fit a lot of papers, books, etc. around you.

Okay, and also a request:
Where can I get a document stand that has enough capacity to hold a heavy reference text or binder? Something like this but could hold a 4" binder stuffed with notes, or an 800-page textbook. I would be willing to pay some significant amount of money for this, if such a thing existed.

SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE RECOMMENDATIONS (I'll try to update this occasionally with items that lots of people agree are awesome):

Magic Eraser for cleaning. Originally recommended by user lamb on page 1: "They take scuffs off of walls, hard water stains off of faucets and clean soap scum with only water. They're the only product I can think of that I've bought for other people just because I was excited for them to try it."

Zojirushi rice maker with Fuzzy Logic (link is to the NS-LAC05 model which is good for a single person or couple; there are lots of other models). Originally recommended by user ayekappy on page 1: "8 or 10 different rice settings... you just put the rice in, fill to the water line, close the lid, and hit start; perfect rice every time! Keeps it warm for 12 hours, has a delayed start setting. It also plays Happy Birthday when your rice is done and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when you start.

Litter-Robot pod for your cat to crap in. Originally recommended by user sativa dreams on page 5: If you have any number of cats, don't even think about it, just loving buy it now. I bought one in September and I highly, highly regret not buying one when I first got my cat years ago. It is one of the single best purchases I have ever made in my life. I have one cat and I empty every 7-10 days....takes just a minute or two, and I don't have to touch or scoop any litter, it's goddamn awesome. Plus it will pay for itself over the years; I went through one 35 lb tub of litter in 3 months, which is amazing compared to how much I used to use it. It uses any kind of regular trash bags and scoopable litter, no proprietary poo poo at all.

Logitech MX 518 optical mouse. Originally recommended by user Josh Lyman on page 4: the Logitech MX518 is universally acclaimed as the best mouse ever designed.

Utili-Key® 6-In-1 key ring mini-tool. Originally recommended by user Wynter on page 1: I have the 6-in-1 and it's been fantastic and very discreet in places where a folding multi-tool might be unwelcome … Not always easy to use, you have to be careful where you grab it for some things (like the bottle opener and the flat head screwdriver bit, b/c of the blade), but extremely helpful in a pinch.

SmartWool socks. Originally recommended by user Catastrophe on page 2: Find them on sale, buy a pair or two and spoil your feet. I always hated wool socks and didn't really care about having "nice" socks until I picked up a pair of their merino wool thingies and found the cushiony softness unbeatable. Again, I had people question why I would pay $8+ per pair of socks (even when on sale) when you could pick up multiple pairs of socks for that much but it's quality over quantity. They don't turn to a pulpy mess like cotton socks do when they get wet or very sweaty, they don't get stinky fast like cotton or polyester socks do, they still insulate when damp and they feel like you're walking on clouds. I honestly do feel like their socks are worth the pricetag.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser. Originally recommended by user Bhodi on page 6: There are so many people here recommending good oral hygene products, but this one beats them all. Seriously. Forget all that floss and electric toothbrushes that are generally no more effective than normal brushes, this is the real deal. It has changed everything and I wish someone had told me about it sooner. As a kid, I associated it only with grandpa and dentures, but this thing is seriously magical. Once you've tried it, you'll wonder why anyone uses anything else. It's better than both flossing and brushing, and does both at the same time. I didn't tell my oral hygienist I had bought one, but 5 minutes after sitting in the chair she demanded to know what I had done. It replaces everything else on your sink when you use the brush attachment. You don't even need toothpaste, though you can use some if it makes you feel better. Don't get the hand held one, it doesn't hold enough water. Click on the picture for the one you want. I know I sound like I'm gay for this thing but words can't express how amazing it is. You'll never use anything else, ever again. This product has had like twelve users post about how great it is. Gets an A+ from this thread.

Bar Keeper's Friend cleaning products (powder and liquid).

Contigo Autoseal travel mugs. Originally recommended by, uh, me, in the OP.

AeroPress Coffee Maker

OMG a front page edit:

Sappo569 posted:

Does it have to be ethernet?

When I needed to get internet from my PC in the office to my living room tv, I couldn't run any cable (unless I wanted it running across the hardwood)

My solution was to use a set of Gigabit powerline adaptors

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Powe...rnet+over+power

It was pretty much plug and play, and I can stream anything I want and have never had any latency or buffering issues

JPrime has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I dunno. I feel like this thread needs to be named "Buy this thing!" Or "Stuff this into that void in your life!"

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010
I want to get my girlfriend the worlds most comfortable sweatpants. What ones should I get?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Bhodi posted:

I dunno. I feel like this thread needs to be named "Buy this thing!" Or "Stuff this into that void in your life!"

I'm down with a name change, or if someone has a more :effort: OP, that's good too.

I ended up ordering this humidifier from Amazon, hopefully being a best seller means something.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

martinlutherbling posted:

I want to get my girlfriend the worlds most comfortable sweatpants. What ones should I get?

I couldn't tell you what the comfiest ones are, but I can help you narrow it down a little bit. Only buy your girlfriend fleece pants if you want her to sweat her balls off. Choose something made from normal breathable fabrics!

Edit: Honestly, my favorite sweats are some cheap ones I got out of the men's section at Target. They have ninja turtles on them. I got them to replace the Batman ones I had before that just wore out after a few years. I love them, but I doubt that's really what you're looking for...

Here's a product I like:

I have dry skin and my heels routinely get all dried up and crack and make it painful to walk. O'Keefe's Healthy Feet is the best product I've tried for this. Smear some on your feet before bed, pull some socks on, and go to sleep. I notice improvement within a few days and if I keep it up, I can eventually achieve normal looking feet!

I only started using Working Hands recently, but my hands are way nicer now than they were when I started, so I feel good about recommending this one, too. If you have open cracks on your hands or fingers it might sting a little going on, but I kind of like that sting.

Both creams have nearly identical ingredient lists; I don't know how interchangeable they might be. I still just use them where the lid says to because I enjoy following rules. :)

Julet Esqu has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Nov 30, 2014

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

JPrime posted:

My request for a recommendation: I need a humidifier for our master bedroom, to be used while we sleep. The room is maybe 13' x 13'. Anyone have good experiences?

My wife and I picked up an Air-o-Swiss 7144 on seasonal clearance for $30 at a Bed Bath & Beyond three years ago. It uses a metallic membrane that vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency which causes the water on it to cavitate into vapor. Its fairly quiet and puts out a steady stream of vapor, it doesn't have a problem with keeping our bedroom which is slightly larger at a comfortable humidity during the winter months. My only complaint is there's no option to dim or turn off the display, which is fairly bright and will bother you if you're sensitive to light when trying to sleep. We ended up covering it with electrical tape...I think there's a newer unit that has a dim display option.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
If you want some advice for the OP, I'd include a link to a couple of review websites. The major ones are Good Housekeeping and Consumer Reports.

But I also like TheSweetHome and TheWirecutter (sister sites). The Sweet Home specializes in everything for your house so it's got a huge variety of reviewed stuff. The Wirecutter specializes in tech but still has a huge variety of product categories. Both do their own research in addition to canvasing Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping, and Amazon product reviews.

I also like that both sites keep up on their recommendations (alerting when products are pulled from the market, new competitors emerge, etc) and also have feeds for when deals appear on their recommended products appear.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Thwomp posted:

If you want some advice for the OP, I'd include a link to a couple of review websites. The major ones are Good Housekeeping and Consumer Reports.

But I also like TheSweetHome and TheWirecutter (sister sites). The Sweet Home specializes in everything for your house so it's got a huge variety of reviewed stuff. The Wirecutter specializes in tech but still has a huge variety of product categories. Both do their own research in addition to canvasing Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping, and Amazon product reviews.

I also like that both sites keep up on their recommendations (alerting when products are pulled from the market, new competitors emerge, etc) and also have feeds for when deals appear on their recommended products appear.

Also, go back and scavenge from the last thread's OP for the tried and true product recommendations.

As for content, if you need any flannel to keep you warm, Cabela's Roughneck Flannel Shirts are usually on sale for a good deal (~$30USD) and hold up very well as both an inner and outer layer after numerous washes and adventures. Highly recommend for anyone that embraces the grunge aesthetic (note that they are much darker in color than they appear online and in the catalog (which is a good thing)).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Both creams have nearly identical ingredient lists; I don't know how interchangeable they might be. I still just use them where the lid says to because I enjoy following rules. :)

I use these too, they're great. I heard the foot one is stronger since the feet have thicker skin. Sound logic I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

This thread just too new or not active at all? Last one was poppin'

I'll start off with a recommendation for something everyone should own

Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001J4ZOAW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dGJFub1Z5GNAK

And I'll ask. Any recommendations for an air filter for a large room/studio? No pets etc just looking for dust filtration

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Can anyone recommend a good place to get an iPhone 5s case with a customized image printed on it? I know there are lots of sites that do it but just wanted to see if there was one in particular someone had a good experience with.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I want a drone that broadcasts live feed video to a handheld device. What is The Best One that I can get without joining the Air Force? I will spend any amount of money on this.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Serious answer? your best bet is a lightweight quadcopter and a gopro. The drone and gopro are each about $500, and the gopro can be controlled and outputs to any smartphone or tablet. If you want a pre-built works out of the box, look for a DJI Phantom and the latest (Oct 2014) gopro. Other options are here if you want to unpack and fly.

There are a ton of options in this space, though, you can buy phantoms with integrated cameras, do-it-yourself kits, pretty much the sky's the limit if you're handy at cobbling together parts and if you won't cry when you ram the thing into the ground during the first 15 minutes.

If you want a cheap toy, take a look at other quadcopters (just google around), some of them have smaller, lighter, integrated cameras. You can probably get something for under $1-200.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Dec 3, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Can the GoPro do live feed to a device though? I thought they just recorded to flash memory and you viewed it after the return flight. I would rather spend $1,000+ and get something with a reasonable transmission distance and live streaming. Or does this not exist yet? Fuckin' Call of Duty giving me lofty expectations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
It totally can.

quote:

Get full remote control of all camera functions—take a photo, start/stop recording and adjust settings. See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing. Use HiLight Tag to mark key moments while recording.1 View photos and play back videos, then share your favorites via email, text, Facebook, Twitter and more.2 Plus, use it to wirelessly update your camera software on the go for the latest features and best performance.

Key Features
* Get full remote control of all camera functions
* See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing

Now, this is bluetooth range, so you're looking at no more than around 100m, even though the website claims 600ft under 'optimal conditions'. Anything else is going to start costing in the thousands. If you've got the cash and the will, there are dedicated systems just for you. It's venturing into the semi-commerical space, stuff that's used for concerts, sports events, and to watch rocketships take off. Start googling hexacopter or octacopter and look at some of the popular options. The more blades the betterer. Big ones can lift 15lbs or so, which is a lot of space for control/transmit gear and a really nice camera on a gimbal/steadycam rig.

Basically, you're paying an awful lot to look at women sunbathing on rooftops in realtime.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Dec 3, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bhodi posted:

It totally can.

Basically, you're paying an awful lot to look at women sunbathing on rooftops in realtime.

Busted, poo poo.

Thanks for the info. The family has a 3,000 acre piece of property with a serious trespassing/pot growing problem. We're trying to find a solution where we can locate the camps without actually going near them.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Well, it's a shame bushmaster got perma'd. You could talk to him ;)

Any commercial solution will be in the tens of thousands of dollars. There are cheaper options though and you might consider whether or not you REALLY need real time video, rather than a semi-autonomous device that you can plot out a route and then examine the footage once it makes it back. The latter will be significantly cheaper (see the E382 Aerial Mapping Airplane for ~600)

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Dec 3, 2014

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Rurea posted:

Can anyone recommend a good place to get an iPhone 5s case with a customized image printed on it? I know there are lots of sites that do it but just wanted to see if there was one in particular someone had a good experience with.

I've not used them, but I've heard from friends that Casetify is great!

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Rurea posted:

I used aluminyze for my last one, and it is better than my first one. THe aluminyze one is printed on a aluminum sheet, where the one I had before, from customcasing.ca, was printed on a sticker, then stuck to a piece of plastic. The one with sticker started to peel off, but the other aluminum one has held up really well.

Both were groupon deals, so it probably doesn't matter where you get them from, just be aware there are different quality ones. I think you can get the sticker kind at walmart, too.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Anyone know a good store for nerdy baseball caps? Think geek only has like 7 and some of them are sold out. "We Love Fine" only has like 3 that aren't pony related as well.

didn't think it would be hard to find nerdy ballcaps that doesn't involve random amazon sellers.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
I'm sorry the OP is such a shameful state. I'll work on it over the weekend.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any recommendation for interesting designed hoodies? I have a couple from enclothe but they got rid of the designs I liked and the new ones are grabbing me as much.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Can anyone recommend a good sub-$100 microwave?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

ZeusCannon posted:

Anyone have any recommendation for interesting designed hoodies? I have a couple from enclothe but they got rid of the designs I liked and the new ones are grabbing me as much.

http://www.volcom.com/mens/mens-clothing/mens-clothing-hoodies-and-fleece.html

I'm not sure what design you're going for bit I usually but a volcom hoodie every winter.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The last hoodie I picked up looked like this design but like I said it's gone now. I guess I am looking for something like that. Volcom looks comfy but not for me design wise I think. I was just trying to poke around and find a place with interesting designs to keep an eye on I suppose, and one that every single sweater isn't grey or black.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
What's a good coffee maker for making my own cologne?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Squelch Hardon posted:

What's a good coffee maker for making my own cologne?

The gently caress?

Unless you phoneposted and it corrected coffee to cologne...

gregday
May 23, 2003

I'm about to start going through a pretty sensitive metal detector several times a day. Can anyone recommend a good "travel friendly" men's belt that doesn't look totally ridiculous, is high quality but doesn't have enough metal to set the machine off? It's a total pain to remove my regular belt.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm going overseas in a week and change to spend Christmas with my fiancee's family in Thailand. Any recommendations on a good wall outlet adapter & voltage converter? I was putzing around Target earlier looking at some and they all warn you "do not use this device with anything containing circuitry or LED/LCD screens", which on its face seems like really bad design since I have to imagine a lot of people are using these to charge stuff like smartphones, tablets/laptops, or handheld game consoles (unless I'm reading that wrong?). This probably won't be the last time I'll be over there either, so something that's built to last and/or easy to transport would be nice.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am looking for a standalone rain hood. Google doesn't really come up with much, I bought the Showers Stop one but it is too small for my fat neck. I am desperate for anything at this point. I need it to wear with a dry suit thus the need for a standalone hood.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I'm going overseas in a week and change to spend Christmas with my fiancee's family in Thailand. Any recommendations on a good wall outlet adapter & voltage converter? I was putzing around Target earlier looking at some and they all warn you "do not use this device with anything containing circuitry or LED/LCD screens", which on its face seems like really bad design since I have to imagine a lot of people are using these to charge stuff like smartphones, tablets/laptops, or handheld game consoles (unless I'm reading that wrong?). This probably won't be the last time I'll be over there either, so something that's built to last and/or easy to transport would be nice.

Just a cheap generic one works fine -

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Univ...gn+wall+adapter

If you're using basic electronics you don't need an actual "converter" just an adapter. Almost all power anything will convert the electricity itself. Laptop plugs, USB phone chargers, etc. It should say "Input: AC100v-240v"

Seriously. I can't think of anything that doesn't have "Input: AC 100v-140v" on it. Maybe an actual game console power adapter or something really old?

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

bunnielab posted:

I am looking for a standalone rain hood. Google doesn't really come up with much, I bought the Showers Stop one but it is too small for my fat neck. I am desperate for anything at this point. I need it to wear with a dry suit thus the need for a standalone hood.

Maybe a rain hat will work for you? They make ones with a attachable neck and sides flap.

Go all old school with http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Harbor-Gear-SouWester-Yellow/dp/B009Q2BHOG/

king of the bongo has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Dec 9, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Christoff posted:

Just a cheap generic one works fine -

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Univ...gn+wall+adapter

If you're using basic electronics you don't need an actual "converter" just an adapter. Almost all power anything will convert the electricity itself. Laptop plugs, USB phone chargers, etc. It should say "Input: AC100v-240v"

Seriously. I can't think of anything that doesn't have "Input: AC 100v-140v" on it. Maybe an actual game console power adapter or something really old?

Times must have changed since the last time I went over there, I double-checked and my USB phone charger does do 100-240. Thanks for making me look again, my 3DS charger doesn't convert but I can pick up a USB cable for that and use my phone plug (and I shouldn't even be taking my 3DS in the first place but ~foreign Streetpasses~)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I find it hard to believe that a new device like the 3DS won't do it. Check google? Does it use a generic micro Usb cable so you can just use any charger?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Christoff posted:

I find it hard to believe that a new device like the 3DS won't do it. Check google? Does it use a generic micro Usb cable so you can just use any charger?

It has its own proprietary plug to go into the system along with the standard flip-out plug that the GBASP and DS had, but they sell male USB-male 3DS cables for a few bucks so I just grabbed one of those.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Need a rec for a type of mattress. My current one is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. It's a spring with a nonremovable pillowtop/memory foam thing. I'm light as a feather, but regardless it's collapsed around the area where my body rests, so it's like I'm sleeping in a giant bowl. I get back pain like half the nights of the week. Are spring+pillowtop mattresses prone to this? Would I be able to avoid it if I got, say, a latex one?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

king of the bongo posted:

Maybe a rain hat will work for you? They make ones with a attachable neck and sides flap.

Go all old school with http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Harbor-Gear-SouWester-Yellow/dp/B009Q2BHOG/

"100%polyvinyl chloride/100% polyester backing
Imported
High visibility
Cool rain hat
Lined ear flaps
Cold and mildew resistant
Extra wide brim"

The product description may be a little generous in what you will actually look like while wearing one.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

king of the bongo posted:

I have been looking at hats as well but I really want something that will go down past my neck. The neoprene will eventually get soaked and having ice cold water on my neck will suck.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Another travel item question - does anyone have a battery-powered electric razor they're fond of? The cradle for my razor doesn't convert voltage and it doesn't make sense to buy a voltage converter for one item. At the same time, I haven't shaved with a manual razor in years and don't feeling like having a gashed-up face when meeting all of my fiancée's family as I struggle to remember how to do it properly. I think last time I went I had an old bikini trimmer I used but there has to be a better, guy-specific option, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Norelco ones are pretty much the best you can get. Just see how fancy you want to get and what options you want

I have this one which is nice because you can use it in the shower and wet/dry

Philips Norelco PT730/46 Shaver 3500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JITDVCI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AbkIub1RS29V2

But if you don't mind stubble or a well kept beard and just want to maintain

Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_edkIub0C005MD