Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Sounds like I should replace Chie's Shura skills with Dragon Cry and Demon's Stab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Don't forget about Power Charge and Heat Rizer :unsmigghh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If you give her the Cry skills, you can give the rest of your party the other buffs and be set up in two turns. If the enemy is panicked you have the time, but faster is nice.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sounds like I should replace Chie's Shura skills with Dragon Cry and Demon's Stab.

Shura Tensei gives you the highest damage multiplier in the game, so if you can deal with the backlash, your best bet is to stick with it. (However, it does stack with Dragon Cry if you can fit both of them on her!)

:spergin: To put it in numbers: Demon's Stab and First Star both increase damage by 20% of the base, and Dragon Cry increases it by 50%. These modifiers add together, so it's a total of 1.9 times the damage for my Yaksini (if using a piercing attack). Shura Tensei triples the damage, after any other modifications - so if you use it together with Yaksini's modifiers, it's 5,7 times the base damage. (Power Charge works the same way, but the multiplier is 2.5, IIRC. And yeah, they stack for ~15 times the normal damage. It gets very silly.) :spergin:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thanks for the personas, Vilkacis. I think I'm going to put your Raiju on P3MC and throw him in the back as more of a pure mage/designated Panic guy, whereas right now he's basically another frontline brawler like Kanji and Junpei, but with Mazio and Maragi in his back pocket. This will give me two chances a turn to end a fight with Mahamaon/Mamudoon. Maybe have him grow one and Naoto throw the other.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Never played P4 so I decided to watch the anime to supplement what I may have missed in the game. I gotta say, it's very bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, after an entire dungeon of being stalked by the Old Doll, I ended up getting chased by it on the Fourth Floor and got caught due to a misstep.

And then Naoto killed it on the very first attack of my first turn. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 13, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, after an entire dungeon of being stalked by the Old Doll, I ended up getting chased by it on the Fourth Floor and got caught due to a misstep.

And then Naoto killed it on the very first attack of my first turn. :v:
Persona Q - Impure Reach Out to the Truth

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Thanks for the personas, Vilkacis. I think I'm going to put your Raiju on P3MC and throw him in the back as more of a pure mage/designated Panic guy, whereas right now he's basically another frontline brawler like Kanji and Junpei, but with Mazio and Maragi in his back pocket. This will give me two chances a turn to end a fight with Mahamaon/Mamudoon. Maybe have him grow one and Naoto throw the other.

No problem, I'm glad they're of use!

Having 2-3 people capable of casting death spells (usually one with both, one with hama and one with mudo) was basically how I went through the game. It's hilarious, until you get to the point where you just wonder why the enemies even bother and start getting annoyed with them for trying.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Omglosser posted:

Never played P4 so I decided to watch the anime to supplement what I may have missed in the game. I gotta say, it's very bad.

Yeah this is like saying I never played Doom 2 so I asked someone to explain it to me through a series of tweets

Persona 4 is a really good JRPG

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah this is like saying I never played Doom 2 so I asked someone to explain it to me through a series of tweets

Persona 4 is a really good JRPG

The anime is actually better if you played the game as well. It's never a masterpiece, but it has its moments.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I just started playing this, is there any 'I have played Etrian Odyssey before' option I can flick to make the characters not go "Huh, that wall with a separate texture looks kinda suspicious, huh?" After they had a tutorial for shortcuts?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
No, but they shut up more in later dungeons(thankfully). You still get them commenting on obvious dungeon features from time to time, but nothing as bad as in Dungeon 1.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Someone put all the Marriage videos up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDh1EYuT_rk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnFlfSK8tg

PersonaQ.png

I got Teddie on my first try, so I didn't know there's hand holding involved with an opposite-sex partner. WHERE IS MY STEAMY GAY HAND HOLDING ATLUS??
e: Goddamnit Yosuke you're like an inch away from gay.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 16, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Well I just beat the first floor of Labyrinth four. Honestly, this isn't so bad. I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Well I just beat the first floor of Labyrinth four. Honestly, this isn't so bad. I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

It's the later floors that get more tedious. Especially floor 4.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I got Fuuka for the wedding. I was hoping to get Naoto, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

e: Goddamnit Yosuke you're like an inch away from gay.

Yosuke is fooling no one

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I got Fuuka for the wedding. I was hoping to get Naoto, though.

I got Naoto :-).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I got Naoto :-).

Panda. :argh:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Volt Catfish posted:

Yosuke is fooling no one

Yosuke is gold for this entire sequence. I got him the first time around entirely because I wanted to see his reaction to the 'correct' answer for his question (the 'slugging it out at the riverbank' one). He didn't disappoint. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got Teddie. :/

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got Junpei. No regrets.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Clarste posted:

I got Junpei. No regrets.

Yeah, on my P3 side I got Junpei. Retrying it for a lady-friend, I got Marie.
P4 gave me Margaret.

Junpei joked about being upset that I did the marriage stuff over again to get someone else, but I think he was legit upset. :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I got Elizabeth, so I didn't try to see any of the other scenes. Why downgrade?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Yosuke is fooling no one

Marry him to the P3MC and you have Yaoi Lowenthall. :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got Marie on my P4 playthrough and Rise on my P3 playthrough

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I got Zen.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I got Margaret. Which made the following scene ("Oh no you can't fight this monster with just the two of you!") feel really silly considering I have the lady with 9999 damage Megidolaons with me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, I got to Inaba Pride Night 2 and this Fast Guy FOE showed up in front of the stairs.

About six minutes later and I'm on Night 3. :v:

But I'll go ahead and do the second floor properly. I could use the treasure.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You have to do it anyway, killing the FOE doesn't get you what you need to complete the next floor. You have to cart the flame all the way around if you want to make any progress at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, that's even more incentive.

Edit: "Teddy's true identity is revealed as a form of pasta."

Aigis is never not amusing. :allears:

Teddy's pretty funny too, when he's not being a weirdo about dates.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 17, 2015

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I got MargaretElizabeth(i r dum) on my first try, something about running up the escalator was the key question for her, but I had no idea. Probably something to do with there's apparently a way to date her in P3.
I'm a creeper so I had to do it again until I got Marie.

I'm still on Evil Spirit Club, I couldn't figure out the first puzzle with the light switches and Lovely Dolls and the darkness key...so I just tanked my way through the FOE and walked on by, never unlocking the door. oh well

Omglosser fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Darkness Key can only be picked up while the lights are off. You should look around for shortcuts while the lights are on, though, so that you can move efficiently when you turn the lights back off.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I completely dropped the game at dungeon 4. Not specifically because of the dungeon but I think I had enough for now. I'm sure I'll be back to finish it, I have a habit of dropping games then coming back to finish them a year later. Thank god for digital downloads I guess

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why is it so annoying to keep Sub-Personas leveled? I don't want to pause to fight FOEs just to avoid the stupid penalty. :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's not? The bonuses you get scale really well anyway so it's not like it matters. Eventually you should be upgrading them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But I have a lot of good abilities on these and I don't want to lose them by fusing another one. I can't pass on Healing Harp from Orpheus Telos, for instance.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Doesn't matter, you're not gonna be using any of that stuff later except Golden Link anyway. Some skills that can't be passed on show up on multiple personas as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Huh. Well alright.

Also, I just beat the Inaba Pride boss and holy poo poo, this is the most depressing cutscene ever. :smith:

• Locked thread