Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Strange Quark posted:

I want to say Rei & Zen are closest to a Runemaster from EO4. They're really well-rounded. They get access to all basic elemental damage types and good healing skills. They start off with a passive SP heal too, which is really nice.

Also a line heal really early on, which is also nice. I may swap them out when I start gaining media but they're great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

So is there a way to get my party to shut the hell up? I finished the first labyrinth and I don't know if I can take it if I'm going to constantly get spammed with 'I'm low on sp' 'hey did you notice the GIANT SPINNING CLOCK THAT MARKS A SECRET PASSAGE THAT WE HAD A LENGTHY TUTORIAL ON ALREADY' 'hey there is an event up ahead, on the square that we just left, and triggered the event on'

It's intrusive enough that it's making me really dislike playing. I know how to navigate a goddamn dungeon.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Worldwide Panther posted:

Yes, the solution is to slide that little volume control on the side of the 3DS :)

Inflammatory posted:

or look at the config menu.

Even with the volume off you're still getting barraged with messages that I want to go away. The config menu just seems to have voice volume control, not 'shut up, I know you're short on SP, that's why you've got a sub with enough to cast all the spells you need'.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was the same poo poo in EO:U's story mode and it's annoying how much worse it is here.

Yeah, at least in Millenium Girl they only did it once per shortcut AFAIR and it wasn't accompanied by giant pop-up text. Turn the sound off-- and I play at work a lot so I have it off most of the time-- and it goes away entirely.

Inflammatory posted:

if you wanted to play a dungeon crawler without any predefined characters you probably shouldn't have bought this dungeon crawler with predefined characters. the messages aren't even that intrusive.

It's incredibly intrusive. They're coming in after every single fight and every few steps in the dungeon. I was super excited for this game because, surprise surprise, I love every game in both series. But the predefined characters I liked in the original games have been reduced to one-note cariactures, which, you know, I can deal with for the sake of a gag game like this, but the game keeps throwing system messages at me constantly and it's making actually crawling the dungeon a really unpleasant experience.

Will turning up the difficulty ease off the hand-holding maybe? I want to like this game. I really do, but it's fighting me.

Beef Waifu posted:

I actually like the in-battle banter a lot more than my team yelling at me that they're out of SP and poo poo. If I can turn the tips off that'd be fine, but give me more in battle dialogue, dammit.

Yeah, the in-battle stuff is cute and fun! I like that! I'm just sick of Clippy the Party Members telling me that it looks like I'm crawling a dungeon, do I want to be told about the visual markers I can see right in front of me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

No. Even on risky, everyone is a chatterbox.

Sigh. Thanks. I'll live.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

If Naoto has to cast an insta more than twice in a fight, especially in the first labyrinth, she's coasting on sub-Persona reserves, which is plenty for her to keep casting, but leaves her low enough that she keeps going on about being out of SP.

Burning off your SP and working off reserve during exploration is literally what that part of the system is for.

Jesus, I didn't expect to get all this for asking if I could turn these navigation messages off.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Zurai posted:

Err, no, actually that's a really bad idea and not at all what it's for.

The sub-Persona SP reserve is so that you can get a Boost chain started and never need to spend actual SP if you manage the fight properly, not so that you can burn all your actual SP at the start of the dungeon and leave yourself vulnerable to a tough fight where your reserve SP can't hold out.

You can do that just fine with a well-chosen sub though? None of the encounters I've run into have been hard enough where I've had a real concern with that. Naoto just misses sometimes, especially when you're testing out weaknesses, and she's running on fumes a lot consequently.

Inflammatory posted:

i don't love the pop-ups either but i just don't think it's worth all the fuss people have been making over it. the game is not trying to patronize anyone.

I wasn't trying to make a fuss, I was just trying to ask if you could turn it off and it turned into a fuss. :/

neongrey fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Huh, so the party actually shuts up a lot in the second labyrinth. I still think the low SP messages are kind of bullshit given the game marches you over SP-draining floors if you want the sweet sweet map completion tresures, but they're not yammering at me every time I look at a shortcut, which is nice.

• Locked thread