Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh my god, I cannot handle Marie in this game, she's so good.

There's another thread for P4G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
The joke is she was already good, stupididiotjerk.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

I got past the second dungeon and man was that an easy boss fight if not funny. I'm at the point where I've gotten a hold on everything and the game's like... still not fun. I'll give it until the end of the game before I finally decide whether I like it or not, but I am not very hopeful.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Honestly, PQ's biggest weakness is when you take away the most fun part of EO (making a completely customized party) you're not left with..much. The humor and stuff is good but I feel the gameplay really suffers from the characters being built like in Persona rather than getting skill trees to mess with. Kind of a shame but oh well.

I agree with both of these things pretty much. I think the Sub-Persona fits the game thematically much better, and in a Persona game you definitely need to switch up your loadouts and abilities, but for an EO-type game I really want EO-type skill trees and the like. As it stands all my characters are nearly interchangeable due to the Sub-Persona system and it really doesn't make me feel like I am having much character growth. I have a ton of party members to choose from and I like more than 5 of them, but nothing is really influencing my choice on who to bring in any game mechanics way and it just leaves me feeling like I don't care who I bring.

The gameplay feels more sluggish than any other EO which is kind of impressive because EO isn't exactly a fast game. Things feel way too HP-sponge-y and it just kinda makes me eh on the game as a whole which is really disappointing.

Also, no Labrys. It is a crossover game, you can add in Labrys for whatever reason you could have come up with. Why didn't you Atlus, why?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I'll probably still try to beat it but I should have chosen the P3 cast because I just can't loving take anyone from Persona 4 anymore because they all looped from being endearing to annoying, except Marie who is intentionally bad, therefore good.

• Locked thread