Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Is there a fusion chart for this one? I noticed a couple gaps in my compendium and am not sure how to fuse the Level 11 tower Persona, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

So far I'm rolling with
Yu - Yosuke - Akihiko
Naoto - Yukiko

I'm probably screwing up badly, but I like these characters so I'm using them.

Yukiko laughing at the table shadows was pretty funny.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Anybody have a QR code for Raiju? It's one of the low-level personas I haven't been able to register/fuse yet. (I WANT THOSE COMPENDIUM DISCOUNTS, DAMMIT)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

How do links work? I don't think it's ever been explained in game.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Thanks for the Links info, makes a lot more sense now.

Thinking of a speedier physical character, I figured Akihiko would be a good match with the link-moves. Yosuke is my speedster, but overall his physical output just isn't high enough to make it worth it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Oh man I had no idea impure reach affected Hama/Mudo. I gave Naoto that skill card because of her already high luck and now I see why her Mahamaon and Mamudoon keep clearing literally everything.

I guess there isn't a list of which skill cards you can get from which personas, is there?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

DrManiac posted:

You get skill cards from quest rewards and by a velvet room option that unlocks between the 2nd and 3rd dungeon. For the velvet room thing you just sacrafice a persona with a card next to it's name to get a skill card.

As for how they work you just use them to attach said skill to a party member's default persona so they can use the skill whenever. You get 8 slots per persona for skill cards.

Getting the Skill Card option in the Velvet Room happens around the time you reach the 3rd floor of the 3rd dungeon.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

drat. It sucks that nearly half of your persona storage is taken up by your squad+navigators. I guess Rise/Fuuka don't really need sub personas, but I like having the extra skills for gathering/battle.

When you start getting skill cards, you can just give them some of the Navi abilities you need.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Yukiko's troll personality has won me over, particularly her stuff in the 3rd dungeon. I wish they had her more like this in P4 itself.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I love that gif of the cards and Naoto, but I don't think silent circle is affected by impure reach because binds are separate from status ailments.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

where can i find a skill or skill card that will make it so i never have to deal with getting ambushed while gathering again?

i swear, the chance of you getting ambushed must be at least 75%

Safety Prayer is the skill you want. I think you can get that one from a persona relatively early on.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Is it just me or does the story, post 4th dungeon, really has a lot of parallels to Persona 1? Niko/Rei's situation reminds me a lot of Maki.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

You don't even need agility bind for myriad arrows to gently caress poo poo up. Panic also makes the enemies unable to dodge them. Yosuke with impure reach + Tentarafoo and then Akihiko with Myriad Arrows + Death's Scythe + Warrior's Mark is devastatingly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Whelp, none of my persona have Tentarafoo, agility binds or Myriad Arrows, so I guess that plan is out. Really though, what annoys me more than anything is the constant knockdown. Granted, the FOEs cast Mamudoon which has a tendency to kill everyone who isn't immune to it (i.e. everyone except Souji*), but at least I can dodge them.

I should really get better persona though. But it's hard to care when Naoto instantly explodes pretty much everything else I come across without breaking a sweat.

* Seriously, how hard can it be to make sure the mostly-canonical name fits in the name entry? I pondered "Narukm Yuu" for a while but it looked even dumber, so I caved and he's Seta Souji now.

Have you gotten to the point where getting skill cards is viable yet? Because you can get Impure Reach and Tentarafoo from some relatively-early demons, and barring that, with smart fusing you can create one or two sub-Persona that have that combo. If you stick it on a fairly fast character, even if they have low luck like Yosuke, they can usually panic them right off the bat with the other characters following up with multi-hit skills.

• Locked thread