Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

At first the whole drawing the map thing seemed absurdly tedious and stupid but now I'm like "OMG another loving battle I'm trying to draw the map wtf HAMAON"
After only playing P3 previously, it's so refreshing being able to control everyone in the party during combat. I never beat P3 because when Akihiko's AI would conclude that ENEMY STRONG VS LIGHTNING THEREFORE I CAN DO NOTHING then Akihiko would dance in place on his turn and go "Waiting is part of my strategy!" I would get so filled with ennui that I had to go do something else.

Third dungeon is a bitch. Puzzles are harder and the enemies are really annoying...Bestial Roar and elemental debuffs loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

If you ever decide to pick up P3 again, you should play the PSP version. You can control your team.

Friends been bugging me to pick up a PSP...I suppose it is time then

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Never played P4 so I decided to watch the anime to supplement what I may have missed in the game. I gotta say, it's very bad.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I got MargaretElizabeth(i r dum) on my first try, something about running up the escalator was the key question for her, but I had no idea. Probably something to do with there's apparently a way to date her in P3.
I'm a creeper so I had to do it again until I got Marie.

I'm still on Evil Spirit Club, I couldn't figure out the first puzzle with the light switches and Lovely Dolls and the darkness key...so I just tanked my way through the FOE and walked on by, never unlocking the door. oh well

Omglosser fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 18, 2015

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

"Hey Theo my man, I found a pile of bloody gauze on a glowing spot on the floor in this haunted abandoned hospital in the center of a strange space time flux."
"Oh give it here, I'll turn it into a Hell Grenade

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The Old Doll in the third dungeon (but you can kill them with Hamaon)

Are you loving kidding....argh I quit trying hama/mudo on bosses and FOEs after a while, that one was such an annoying bitch.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

vilkacis posted:

Speaking of Aigis and Elizabeth, that scripted Diarahan lets you pull some crazy stunts.

Stacking Orgia Mode with Power Charge and Shura Tensei :catstare:

Normally that would be it, since 14000 damage is enough to one-shot any enemy in the game, but since Elizabeth just will not die, you get to see the whole link chain on top of that...

...and it's beautiful.

Entirely pointless... but beautiful.
Do all those buffs apply only to regular attacks? Cuz I'd like to see that stack with Calamity Seed or something like that.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I have Naoto with Impure reach and a stat boosting accessory, however I still have a hard time landing Panic Circle on FOEs. I'm in the Inaba Pride Exhibit now..is there any way to make it better? I'm also thinking of trading her out cuz while drawing maps, solving puzzles, and navigating has gotten a lot easier, it's getting kinda boring with no challenge.

I just kinda arbitrarily gave her Abaddon if anyone's wondering.

Also what do you all use for your navigator skills? I've literally not changed them since after the first labyrinth. What I've got is effective enough, but I wonder if I can do better and it's gotten a little stale.
Battle: Fuuka w/ Kaguya sub persona. Effective Skills: Healing Breeze (Allies now has regenerating health!), Prayer, Purifying Rain, Eternal Melody, Yomi Return, Renewal Aura
Maze: Rise w/ Sarasvati sub persona. Effective Skills: Safety Prayer, Clairvoyance

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, the FOEs there are just good at dodging.

I almost bitch slapped one of the green bottle-y looking ones but once Panic wore off it was a big middle finger and Diarahan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I dunno how hard you guys like to geek out on this stuff, but I found this on YouTube last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LlskhfXDR0
Lotus Juice (guy who raps in Persona songs) does a concert in the US with guest Yumi Kawamura (chick who sings in Persona songs). It's cool that he's a native-sounding fluent English speaker, not the annoying J-rappers who just say "gently caress" a lot. He does Laser Beam, Maze of Life, and they encore Mass Destruction from P3 at the end. And a buncha other stuff.

• Locked thread