Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This is quite a good game. I don't have much Etrian Odyssey experience, so it's been a fun learning experience. Also fun was when on floor two of Alice I ran into 3 consecutive pairs of Golden Hands and went from 6 to 9 in a single run. My other favorite feature is how your protagonist hitting 0 is no longer an instant game over. And the battlefield chatter. And how everyone can use a sub-persona. I can't wait to clear the first labyrinth and get access to P4 characters so I can have the two best pairs as my team (Yukari/Junpei and Kanji/Naoto of course).

One question though: I have a sub-Persona with 3 Leader skills equipped to Fuuka, but I can only seem to access one. Is there a way to change which of her sub's skills she uses? I built the sub because it would be nice to have Healing Ray and Whatever Step (the instantly escape to the stairs one) simultaneously, but I only have Healing Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

what skills are they? they're probably passives.

The sub has Renewal Ray (2 gauges for a quick heal all), Sukatora Foot (1 gauge for instant escape), and Hunting Prayer (passively increase enemy drops). Lucia, Fuuka's main Persona, of course has Healing Song. When I go to use leader skills, Sukotora Foot does not appear; I only have Renewal Ray and Healing Song. I'm not sure if Hunting Prayer is active.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm on normal and it is fairly challenging, mostly due to me being the biggest scrub in the world.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I have Mudo on Akihiko, haven't found a Persona with Hama yet, but I've thrown Mudo out like 15 times against basically everyone in the first three floors of You in Wonderland, haven't hit once.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am approximately 60% mad that Labrys is not in this game. Like I get that it's before her time and all but she should be here quipping in her accent and marrying dudes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder what sort of lines they are giving Nanako. Is she going to be able to sense resistances? Is she just going to just be cool with all these monsters and the P3 team and Persona summoning? Will her victory cry be the Junes jingle?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So I finally cleared the first Labyrinth, got access to the P4 dudes, and have been working on Labyrinth 2. While you were all right about Naoto being hilariously overpowered (I just got Impure Reach on her and it's nice to be able to simply point at someone every turn and remove them from the game no questions asked), I'd like to talk about Kanji and his stats. Specifically his Strength. It's at 46, nobody else is above 24. That's a little ridiculous. I know he's "the strong guy" but as strong as Shinji and Akihiko put together?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah links are amazing. I have Junpei, Kanji, and P3MC up front with all of them having a Link skill (MC also having Golden Link thanks to Orpheus Telos) and its pretty hilarious to get like 7 hits off those three attacks. When do you start getting the passive Link boosts (Double Link, etc.)?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah I noticed that about Kaguya's special. I thought it was going to be like Devil Survivor's Holy (or whatever) Dance skills where if you cast it with one enemy on the board it would just shred them. Not so much, sorry about half your health.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I have a question about the new Navigator DLCs. They are just voice packs correct? If you have Theo or Nanako as your nav, you are still using the abilities equipped to Rise and Fuuka?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Cool. I'll probably pick up Theo and Nanako then. Now which to make field and which to make combat...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Picked up Theo and Nanako as nav voices, as well as Thanatos. Having Nanako as my combat nav is pretty funny. She describes a fire weakness as the monster not liking being hot and sweaty. Add to that Theo's calm collected notifications that people are about to die and its a good deal. Having Thanatos and his +190 HP and Primal Force on Kanji at level 19 is fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh what the gently caress

I have to walk on the damage tiles to get 100% Map Completion? What is this, Etrian Odyssey II? :argh:

Theo can make Winged Boots, which negate floor damage for 30 steps, for 150 yen from drops on the first floor you find damage tiles on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

OR JUST STEP ON THEM LIKE A MAN

Also that. The first ones in the Group Date Cafe are just 5% SP off each step I think?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's kind of an issue! These monsters are beating the poo poo out of the P3 Leader!

Honestly, at the risk of exposing myself as a huge scrublord, I just left that floor at like 70% or whatever and decided to either come back later when I have Passive +SP nav skills or just play coining my way out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Just finished the Group Date Cafe. Ended up having Naoto as my destined bride, which is fitting as I finally got Mamudo, Mahama, and Impure Reach on her and thus trivialized random encounters. Combine that with her use of Scarecrow and Panic Circle for bosses to facilitate Kanji's Primal Force beatings, and she is really carrying this team on her tiny, noodle-esque back.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'll probably replay the quiz and try to get a couple of people for the scenes, but my first run I just answered honestly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is there a guide somewhere that tells you which answers lead to whom? I think I can guess my way to Yosuke and Yukari, but it'd be nice to check.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Question, with regards to Evil Spirit Club 1: Why do they gotta chase you? Why is that necessary? Also why are their heads that way.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

As discussed yesterday, here is a YouTube playlist with all the destined partners (from P3MC's perspective) as well as most of the other cutscenes, for your convenience. It shows the answers to give and the wedding scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz3Xynbd6jSiXt25wUq8tbHGBrK2A9WUb

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

While I like that they have the 5 difficulty options, it should really just be a binary switch of whether or not Naoto is recruitable :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like it. I like that almost every character has some route to completely trivializing boss encounters and/or random nothing fights. It lets you use your favorite characters without worrying about it (which is kinda the point of this sort of game) and allows you, even beyond the difficulty switches, to dial in your gameplay experience moment to moment.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So what you're saying is you want the preacher from the end of the Group Date Cafe in every fight making you vow to not use Mamudo. Me too, actually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Hello I'm dumb, what do i do to progress on the Group Date Cafe Stop 3, in the very south area, where there are three F.O.E's clustered together with one facing north, one south, and one west (the one west is beside the one facing north)

I've gone back and forth for 30 minutes and i'm clearly missing something.

I don't have my 2DS in front of me right now, but I'll try to post detailed instructions later on tonight if nobody else has, or unless you just opt to

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ManOfTheYear posted:

I started the game on hard. Was this a mistake? Progress is dreadfully slow.

You can change difficulty in the options menu while at the school, if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks for the personas, Vilkacis. I think I'm going to put your Raiju on P3MC and throw him in the back as more of a pure mage/designated Panic guy, whereas right now he's basically another frontline brawler like Kanji and Junpei, but with Mazio and Maragi in his back pocket. This will give me two chances a turn to end a fight with Mahamaon/Mamudoon. Maybe have him grow one and Naoto throw the other.

• Locked thread