Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is the Spiral Sword you find in the first floor of the second dungeon worth using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The only front line character I've used so far other than P3MC is Akihiko.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Yeah, I specifically pick personas/skills so that I can get into and out of every fight (except FOEs/bosses) without using any resources, just the sub-persona HP/SP.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is there a Japanese wiki that has complete persona data? I'd like to see what skills they learn before deciding which to transfer during fusion, and especially be able to tell which navi skills any of them get.

For anyone still in the first or second dungeon, Shiisaa is an excellent persona for your navigator. I can't remember which ones they are, but I think it has ~3 navi skills innate or by leveling, so you can stack a bunch on it by fusing one.

Edit: Here's a page with a list of all the sub-personas, with stats and skills.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 29, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Valkyrie and Red Rider get Swordbreaker at level 32, Narasimha at 35. For Bestial Roar, there's Chimera (level 14), Nue (21), Neko Shogun (27), and Narasimha (34).

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

FrickenMoron posted:

Any particularily good sub personas you can fuse together at the start of the 2nd labyrinth? Its kicking my rear end quite a bit, playing on hard though.
Anything with Mudo (like Mokoi) or Hama (Ame-no-Uzume). Once you gain a few more levels, Archangel gets Mahama at 17, Incubus gets Mamudo at 16, and both of those are very useful for the entire dungeon.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Prism posted:

How long do the sandals actually last for? I assumed it was very short and didn't use them.
40 moves

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

This game lets you make QR codes for personas to share. Here's the Shiisaa I've been using on my navigator until now:

I think it costs like 30k?

Also I'm pretty sure Japanese QR codes don't work, or at least the ones I tried didn't.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Impure Reach affects Hama/Mudo?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Where do you get the Impure Reach skill card?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Why yes, I did just buy a Growth 1 accessory for everyone in reserve, spending all of my money, even though I will probably never use most of them.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

This is probably leveled up a bit too much to be useful in the second dungeon, but here it is anyway:

Cost is ~38k.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The first DLC persona purchase from the compendium is free too, right? Is the compendium level-gated?

I fused Kaguya instead of buying from the compenium, so if I could get a free Orpheus Telos right now and use it that would be lovely.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Cake Attack posted:

im on normal and it's super easy and unless the third labyrinth changes that hard seems to be the way to go
I'm only on the second floor of the third labyrinth but so far instant kills are still wrecking shop. I don't think I've killed anything without using them yet (but I have four people with mamudo or mahama or both, two with impure reach, so I'm not really specced to do things differently).

projecthalaxy posted:

I have Mudo on Akihiko, haven't found a Persona with Hama yet, but I've thrown Mudo out like 15 times against basically everyone in the first three floors of You in Wonderland, haven't hit once.
Agathion and Ame-no-Uzume get Hama, and are pretty low level.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

You get there from the next floor.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

She also gets scared a lot, so there's that.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Where on Evil Spirit Club 4th Floor is the Old Doll? I've killed it once, but I can't remember where.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Near the bottom right.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 6, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Do the time-limited requests expire when you progress to the next floor of a dungeon? I'd just started the second floor of the fourth dungeon, and I accidentally went straight to the third floor before exploring the second at all, and now I'm not sure if I would have missed out on requests because of that.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Dexie posted:

Is there a Persona I can get a Curse skill card from?

I need Curse for the Evil Eye quest, and I don't feel like putting Zen & Rei back in the party.
Legion gets Evil Smile (its skill card) at level 22.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm not going to feel bad about Impure Reach/instant kill any more, because these FOEs have not killed fewer than four party members at a time with Mahamaon yet, including always hitting Naoto, who resists it.

Edit: Do the main personas evolve? I just hit level 55 with P3MC and got what appears to be Orpheus' last ability, and he only has three.

Amazing. I bought accessories for two other party members to help them resist light. Fought the FOE, hit it with Tentarafoo, extended it with Stagnant Air, had it almost killed before panic wore off. Missed with the second Tentarafoo, it used Mahamaon, full party wipe even with three people with resist light.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 8, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, so the game doesn't remind me what color corresponds to what Japanese word if I forgot? Seriously?
In the fourth dungeon? I think it reminds you once per puzzle sequence. Genbu is black, Byakko is white, Seiryuu is blue, Suzaku is red. You can also just look at those persona in your compendium if you've got them, because they are those colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wow that's farther in than I thought. Guess I have to keep incubus around for a while.
Or just register it and resummon later, if you need the space. The further you progress the less money is an issue.

• Locked thread