Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is a three way crossover between Persona 3, Persona 4, and Etrian Odyssey. It combines Etrian Odyssey’s first person dungeon crawling with a crossover story between Persona 3 and 4. Persona Q was released November 25th in America and will be released November 28th in PAL regions.

Gameplay:

Persona Q is, much like the Etrian Odyssey games, a first person dungeon crawler. Players can choose up to five characters from the casts of Persona 3 and 4 (and one original character), to explore and map the labyrinth.

At the beginning of the game, you can choose to mainly follow the cast of Persona 3 or 4. This affects the main battle theme, the story (to a degree), and which party members you have access to for the first labyrinth (the parties merge at the end of the first labyrinth).

Unique Mechanics:

Much like in Persona, hitting weaknesses is a key part of the battle system. Hitting a weakness puts the character in Boost mode for their next turn, letting them use skills for free. Getting hit will knock them out of boost, however.

Sub Personas:

Like in Persona, characters learn skills as they level. However, they can also equip a subpersona, a secondary persona that teaches them various skills, and gives them a bonus pool of HP and SP which restores after each fight.

Other important stuff:

- For the time being, Kaguya and Orpheus Telos are sub personas available as free DLC

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

why does everyone I want to have in my party need to be a frontliner

don't make me choose between kanji, chie and koromaru

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Right after the first labyrinth whats the right sequence for the trade showoff request? I don't really remember who had what.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you better be right...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you were right, thank you friend

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I decided on Yu/Kanji/Koromaru/Yukari/Naoto

too many people I wanted were frontliners

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zurai posted:

Note that the one and only reason the game recommends front/back is the range of the character's weapon. It recommends Mitsuru for front line, as an example, even though there's absolutely no reason for her to be there.

i don't think that makes too much of a difference though, since most physical attackers should be in the front, and magic in the back

Like I can't just put Chie or Kanji in back

Ciaphas posted:

I'm all the gently caress about a new Persona game, but I've never played an EO game before. I've been reading about it, and I've got an honest question: is there some appeal to the manual map-making that I'm not understanding? Just seems like added tedium at first blush.

youll come to understand

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The worst velvet room is Margaret.

Elizabeth is the best.

Discuss.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

A man not willing to fight for the honor of his anime girlfriend is no man at all, imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

that dog are horrible characters

mods?!?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Koromaru died and then Kanji went "You mess with fluffball, and you mess with me" and i thought this was very cute + sweet

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

looks like neongray-senpai is in trouble

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

scarritt posted:

Also, loving the character designs. Kanji's grimace is so adorable.

Persona Q is a very cute game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is this game actually canon?

I know I put that in the title but I was kinda joking

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where do i find the arrow for this quest in the second labyrinth. i've explored the entire first floor unless there's a way back up from the second floor

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nevermind, I did it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is there something special i should be doing with persona dropped from FOEs?

they don't have many skills and sub personas don't matter statwise so most don't seem very useful

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

okay whats a sacrifice spread? don't seem to have that option yet

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

please let Kanji pet you, Koromaru

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Why do objects on my map have red lines on them?

is this supposed to happen?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i made them black

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol is anything in this game not weak to light or dark?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh my god

How can impure reach affect instant death?

that's disgusting

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just use like 10 play coins to open the chest

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im doing the love potion quest in the second labyrinth.

i don't want to wander around aimlessly, what general area should i look in?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thanks

also do Personas get more hp and sp as they level? i screwed up and made koromaru a persona with 8 less sp than mamudoon costs, so he's losing 8 sp a fight

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Do you ever get upgrades for your item/persona storage? It's getting kind of annoying having to back out all the time to dump/fuse stuff.

In the dungeon? don't think so

in EO you'd normally be running out of MP when your inventory filled so it wasn't a big deal really

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm lost in the third floor of the second stratum. I can't go through the locked door, but as far as i can tell i've explored the rest of the floor.

any help?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

not sure what to tell you, it should've unlocked once you finished all three question rooms.

okay i only have two done so i guess that's my problem. I have the one in C3 and another in C4

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh my god i drew a wall where there was a door

if i were exploring a real labyrinth my shoddy mapping skills would be the death of us all

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im on normal and it's super easy and unless the third labyrinth changes that hard seems to be the way to go

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are you using instant death?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

twin lance probably

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

right now i am desperately redoing the last question to try and not get Zen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I got Elizabeth as my destined partner. Game over folks, I have clearly won at this video game.

jealous

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah that's p dumb

let me bisexual for adults only, atlus

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

EO4 is much harder, at least on normal

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zurai posted:

Did you know Impure Reach affected Hama and Mudo before reading the FAQ ie this thread?

that's a dumb argument

finding out that the game classifies instant death as a status effect is not super min maxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

>You can now create Skill Cards in the Velvet Room!

• Locked thread