Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Pro tip: instant death is hella broken and literally everything in the first labyrinth or two is weak to either Hama or Mudo. Never, ever be without at least one of them, and preferably keep both of them around on someone. Naoto is perfect for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What would be a good level to kill the Card FOE on Floor 1 of Wonderland?

Also, is it just me, or does Rei make anyone else hungry?

You can do it around 8 or 9 if you're really determined, but I'd wait until 10-12 for best results. If you've made it to the second dungeon, you're more than ready to take on a Card Soldier.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm rolling Minato/Yu/Aki in front, Yukari/Zen & Rei in back. Minato is super mage-y which surprised me and Yu is kind of disappointing, he's too much of a generalist.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh man, the second dungeon's boss is beautiful. Goddamn Atlus, you outdid yourselves on that one. :allears: DID YOU HEAR THE VOICE OF GAWD? BELIEVE, AND YOU WILL BE SAAAAVED! IF NOT, THE SIN IS THIIINE!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Man, after destroying the second labyrinth, the third one kicks back pretty hard. gently caress those goddamn mages, and the cat motherfuckers that sometimes pop up with them can go die in a fire as well.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I don't get the switch puzzle at the end of B2 in the Evil Spirit's Den. Like, I get it, they want me to step on the switches in some order where the first two are with the lights off and second two with the lights on, I just don't care. What's the order?

E: Never mind, I figured it out. That was incredibly dumb.

Artix fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 30, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If they don't fuse into anything good, just use them in a Sacrifice spread for hella experience.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Then just keep going and trash them if they don't fuse into anything good. It'll unlock after a while.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Okay I'm completely done giving a gently caress about Evil Spirits Club's puzzle aspects. I'm done with the actual dungeon but I wanted to clean up requests before I fought the guardian and Elizabeth gave me a code for the puzzle rooms. Assuming it works the same way as the main dungeon's puzzle, it's not actually possible to go through the rooms in that order, so how do I get her secret message?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Goddammit game. If you're going to make it so that Hama is the only way to reliably kill the Old Doll, the least you can do is make it so that it has a semi-reliable hit rate. 40 loving turns with Naoto and Yu tossing out Hamaon and Hama respectively, and not a single loving one of the things hit. :argh:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Strange Quark posted:

Tbh, the only reliable way to kill the old doll is magic bind and the conventional method. I never tried using hama for that.

Okay, that's fair. I guess my complaint is more that I had Naoto set up with Impure Touch, Sukukaja, Sukunda, and Aim Goggles (although I'll admit that I don't know of the latter three actually do anything to help Hama/Mudo), and she was throwing out a Hamaon every chance she had. Yu was also throwing out Hamas, although he didn't have the benefit of Impure Touch. Not once in 40 turns did either of them connect. It's possible to hit it, I know it is because that's how I killed it the first time. But given that setup, either A) I'm the single most unlucky motherfucker in the entire world or B) the hit rate on it is so low they might as well have just made it null the thing and not wasted my time.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah you're a little low, probably want to be 10 or 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Mistikman posted:

The naming conventions for spells in this game are confusing as gently caress for someone new to Persona.

What is the skill name for bind agility? I need to use it to kill a snake, apparently.

Scarecrow

• Locked thread