Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!
The link skills seem pretty drat good in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!
I'm okay with the Persona summoning animations because I get to hear the two MCs horribly mangle demon names. "Moh shuhhh!" "Yatagahh!" At first I couldn't tell if they were actually saying them.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

neongrey posted:

So is there a way to get my party to shut the hell up? I finished the first labyrinth and I don't know if I can take it if I'm going to constantly get spammed with 'I'm low on sp' 'hey did you notice the GIANT SPINNING CLOCK THAT MARKS A SECRET PASSAGE THAT WE HAD A LENGTHY TUTORIAL ON ALREADY' 'hey there is an event up ahead, on the square that we just left, and triggered the event on'

It's intrusive enough that it's making me really dislike playing. I know how to navigate a goddamn dungeon.

Yes, the solution is to slide that little volume control on the side of the 3DS :)

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

neongrey posted:

Even with the volume off you're still getting barraged with messages that I want to go away. The config menu just seems to have voice volume control, not 'shut up, I know you're short on SP, that's why you've got a sub with enough to cast all the spells you need'.

We're saying :dealwithit:
If cute, repetitive voice clips aren't your thing, Persona might not be your thing :)

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Dr. Video Games 0156 posted:

I had the same experience with instant kills. At one point I was running dark rings ("greatly" reduced chance of dark spells working) and using dark wall in battle, and running characters that resisted dark, which probably don't even stack but I was so sick of it, and still losing 3+ people per mamudoon cast.

FOEs seem to be able to bend the rules with hit/miss rates, both incoming and outgoing. Not sure how or why but it's probably the thing I dislike most about the game because I couldn't figure out a consistent way of dealing with it.

Having your MC killed by Hama or Mudo from a dumb low-level angel or pig is an integral part of the SMT experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Naoto seems like the answer to everything in this game. I'm in 3-4 as well and a new FOE started chasing me, so I just turned around and killed it with Mahamaon. I've killed it twice now and I feel like I've skipped some big chase scene with how the area is laid out and how the FOE has more range for catching you than anything so far.

It's also literally the first thing I've ever seen with a physical weakness.

Like half the shadows in the first dungeon have weaknesses to various physical types

• Locked thread