Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
My copy came in the mail just yesterday (European release! My first preorder.)
Now, having read some Let's Plays and played the Demo of EOIV, I was wary of Persona Q - but so far I'm playing on normal and I got through okay. Like, yeah, I had one or two encounters with a Burning Beetle (:argh:) than ended with everyone but Yukiko dead and me mashing "ESCAPE" but otherwise pretty smooth sailing.

Do sub-persona HP and SP autorestore or did I get that wrong? So with a high enough sub-Persona SP I can spam even more Hama and Mudo? Naoto must be so smug; after being benched for my entire Persona 4 run I'm basically hinging half my success on her. Boost + Media is also darn sustainable. I'm not sure if the dungeons after the Tutorial will murderlize me, but Boost+Media has made me more or less immortal, with a Ray of Restoration from the Party Gauge if I REALLY get in a tight spot. The Heal Stone (Infinite reusable Medicine!) didn't hurt either.

I thought this'd feel really fanficcy (Persona 3 AND 4 in the same game!!), but so far I like the interaction between everyone. Elizabeth is loving this poo poo, Mitsuuru and Naoto are being Competent, Aigis is running Troll.exe beta version (shooting down the entire stand in the cutscene) and Junpei and Yosuke are both going :stonklol: at the Velvet Room people.
It does show both casts draw from the same archetypes but they still feel like (largely) natural people, the P4 cast a bit more so.

Also P3MC's bio. "His special trait is that he has no character". :downs:

e: Is it just me or are Theodore and Margaret acting like Elizabeth has a humanity fetish

e2: Everyone who hasn't had a fusion accident yet, please have one. Margaret's reaction is amazing. :allears:

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
On Normal, the drop from second FOE in Wonderland just gave me access to an armor that flat-out doubled my defense from 45ish to 99. 8000yen a pop but that's what P-Spots are for.

e: The high-level sub personas aren't as out-of-range when playing on normal and slogging through an FOE but still a welcome break. I was using bottom-tier skills so long I got flashbacks to Persona 3.
e2: Oh god those SP costs. :stonk: I'll take my piddly Zio back, thanks.

e3: I am loving the group date cafe dungeon. Troll.exe is out in full force. Aigis :allears:

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 29, 2014

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Ahahaha, I'm brutalizing the second dungeon with Kanji + Tempest Slash and P4MC + Swift Strike. Slap on a Tarukaja and take Mitsuru with you and smoke through the first FOEs as well as a lot of the trash mobs. Crits for everyone!

I haven't changed out Yukiko's sub-Persona in forever, though. A quad-elemental Angel with Media and silent circle for Boost -> Free Heal.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I just beat the first Labyrinth area, started with the p3 crew and got access to all characters now. Are there any party combinations that are strictly better than the other?

Nah, you can use pretty much everyone due to the Sub-Persona system. With the right accessories (You can get Lightning Gloves and later a Frozen Stone from map chests) you can null at least some of those, too.
I've been running P4MC/Kanji/Mitsuru/Yukiko/Aigis ever since I got the first dungeon done, bar one or two "take me with you!" request.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Grinding the FOEs on the first level of the second labyrinth, then Sacrifice Fusing the high-level but skill-less Personas they drop. :getin:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

So how much will I regret answering the second dungeon's question with my troll throttle stuck on "Full"?
I have, oddly enough, stopped using instant death in favour of raw physicals right now. Tempest Slash and Kanji just pulverize 90% of all enemies.
Mind Charge is ridiculously SP expensive but I presume that's what Boosts are for.

e: ^The SP damage doesn't affect Sub-Persona SP^

e2: Screwed up the Mr. X request. Am I missing out much? Wait, I got a Snuff Soul anyway.

e3: I creamed the first bonus boss with a combination of Disarm/Panic Circle, Spotlight and Bolt Link, having levelled a Setanta to have Double Link. Golden Beetle's weak to electricity and whilst your party members' physical attacks do ~1-3dmg, Bolt Link reliably follows up in the 150s for me. e4: Holy poo poo I think when you Power Charge a Link, that applies to the followup as well. Every time. e5: Ahahahaha holy poo poo Bolt Link triggers When a Panicked boss attacks itself. Power Charged, too. It killed itself.

Second FOE in second Labyrinth is reasonably susceptible to Poison and Strength/Magic binds.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 30, 2014

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

SC Bracer posted:

I was under the impression they were vulnerable to poison because I've had amazing luck with getting that to stick. If you're around level 29 you can also consider fusing up a Succubus, and grabbing their ability that increases your chance to land statuses.

I only had to apply poison twice for it to stick, too. Maybe I got lucky? I was using Aigis with Mothman.

e: for those wondering like me, I believe Blind Cupid's conditional drop is gotten from them when they're poisoned

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 30, 2014

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

help i married teddie, the game is trolling me back

at least gimme kanji
e: "The punishment is effective against robots as well" Aigis is the best character.
e2: That was a guardian?

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 1, 2014

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

I did this a few times in the EO games and I kept getting stuck because of my own mistakes. :argh:

Does Tempest Slash have a high crit rate? I have that on Kanji and :stare:.
My current Kanji "Pain Train" Tatsumi has an Ose with Matarukaja, Critical Eye, Tempest Slash, Toxic Slice, Fang Smash and Impure Reach. Should probably swap either Aigis or Yukiko for Naoto and go to town. Might axe Yukiko because... really, I don't need that much healing, my P4MC has Media and I'm sure I can fuse Mediarama onto something.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

KANJI SMASH

Runic Shield is reasonably useful; this may be a good support/back persona

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I see Kaguya and Orpheus Telos in the Compendium, as well as Thanatos and... some other one. Does that mean I have them, or are they not unlocked until they're fused or whatever?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

TBH I expected the way I answer the questions in the second labyrinth would alter the boss.
Like "One big prize" = HP Sponge boss, "Lots of little prizes" = regenerating minion boss
"My best traits are my conversational skills" = boss uses a lot of magic bind, "Pure heart" - poison, etc. etc.
Instead I got... a four-armed southern baptist? Who was nice enough to coordinate with the menu for his colors.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Is this useful to anyone?

I had TWO Fusion Accidents in a row, which means after refusing my materials for all-bind Samael I was down 180k. THANKS MARGARET. (Her reaction to a fusion accident is still amazing though)

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

>You can now create Skill Cards in the Velvet Room!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

theshim posted:

The one in the bottom right? It's a little dumb. The 1 and 2 refer to lights and the 3 and 4 refer to darkness. This is dumb because what that really means is 1 and 2 lights actually on in the room with the lights on and 3 and 4 FOEs in the darkness. You can then turn the lights on and walk on them in order.

The FOEs also are arranged as 3 and 4, like the sides of a die.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

...You can overwrite skills learned from cards like regular skills, right? Or are you locked in once you're filled someone's slots?

Also, gently caress the clock puzzle on the 3rd Floor of Evil Spirit Club

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Dexie posted:

I wish it was easier to level characters you're not using. I can't settle on who I want to be my fifth party member. I keep switching out the fifth slot for someone else, then get annoyed when I realize they're still levels below everyone else.

I'm assuming there's a Growth 2 accessory? When do you get access to that?

You get one from a request around the third/fourth floor of the third labyrinth.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I've reached the 4th labyrinth and I think I'm doing it wrong; I run into the FOEs and murder them. I put an Ma-St reverse on Mitsuru so she's Female Kanji now, and, well, Healing Harp is broken as gently caress.

e: Mitsuru flipping out about the Gigas Shadows is amazing. :byodame: "THEY'RE ALMOST NAKED! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 6, 2014

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I'm stuck on the first floor of the fourth labyrinth...
http://i.imgur.com/iZDKW69.jpg
White circles are unlit torches. Red circles are lit torches. Orange are FOE paths, green are tiles the map chest says I've not been to yet.
I must be missing one pinwheel or another to carry the fire over but for hte life of me I don't get where. Also some paths seem only possible when you murder the FOEs so I must be doing something wrong - I don't have fire where I should?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Einwand posted:

If I'm remembering right, bottom right torch and carry it upwards, it should just give you enough reach to get to the one above it, then carrying it along the rest of the way fairly obviously.

Thank you. I can't believe I didn't try that.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress the Inaba Pride festival. I've fallen to killing the FOEs by abusing Blaze Oil and Healing Harp as well as Decay Circle because I can't figure out what the hell they want from me.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

D-did I just accidentally completely shut down Elizabeth by forgetting to unequip the piddly Spiral Sword I found on Floor 1 of the first Labyrinth from P3MC.
Like, wasn't that supposed to be a bonus boss? Also, I'll have to replace someone off the Team now, I think. Goodbye, Team Competent.

Also, the first two floors of the Inaba Pride Festival were redeemed by the third, even if just by reaching Peak Anime.
"I wish to talk to you about using your cooking as an Anti-Shadow weapon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Someone put all the Marriage videos up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDh1EYuT_rk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnFlfSK8tg

PersonaQ.png

I got Teddie on my first try, so I didn't know there's hand holding involved with an opposite-sex partner. WHERE IS MY STEAMY GAY HAND HOLDING ATLUS??
e: Goddamnit Yosuke you're like an inch away from gay.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 16, 2015

• Locked thread