Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Are the characters designed to the same basic styles as they are in their main games? I.E. Mitsuru gets ice magic, Yosuke gets wind and so on? Is anyone different? How does the new character play?

Yup.

The new dudes are combined into one unit and basically plays like a etrian odyssey character (can't equip persona and don't have the temp hp/sp in battle). Zen gets elemental skills that are basically the runemaster spells from 4 and Rai gets support spells.

So far my only complaint is I don't like the persona art. It just looks bad in a way I can't explain.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope they carry over party members taking about shadow types when you get into battle to persona 5.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Artix posted:

Oh man, the second dungeon's boss is beautiful. Goddamn Atlus, you outdid yourselves on that one. :allears: DID YOU HEAR THE VOICE OF GAWD? BELIEVE, AND YOU WILL BE SAAAAVED! IF NOT, THE SIN IS THIIINE!

I was going to post about his rad VO too. I like how mechanically it's a throw back to one of the later bosses in nocturne.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So for the EO vets in this thread, how do the difficulty levels in this compare to other EO games?

I'm no EO master or anything but it's been pretty easy so far. Like, I beat the first two dungeon bosses on my first try.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Do Zen and Rei ever get good? My Party is lvl 18, theyre a bit behind at lvl 13 but the dmg output from the spells is abysmal. Great utility unit and no persona required, but still feels a bit like dead weight.

in short yes.

spoilers for the skill set I guess

I'm at the end of the third dungeon and Zen and Rei own now. Zen's spells are super cheap compared to the tier 2 ones and you unlock a couple of passives that increase their damage. Rei is the same in that she gets some really cheap heals that eventually get a passive that bumps it up to roughly the next tier of spells. She also gets a attack and defense buff for the party and a rad passive that I think gives the party members in the same row as her a 50% chance to block status effects .

Overall Zen and Rei are pretty good but pretty much the definition of jack-of-all-trades so I can totally see dropping them if you wanted to go in a more specialized direction for you party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Couple questions. Is it generally a bad idea to put a front row character in the back, or can there be a tactically advantageous reason to change it up?
I'm not clear on how skill cards are gained or work. Someone explain them please.

Also, Elizabeth gently swaying back and forth on the chair in the nurse's office is extremely :3:

You get skill cards from quest rewards and by a velvet room option that unlocks between the 2nd and 3rd dungeon. For the velvet room thing you just sacrafice a persona with a card next to it's name to get a skill card.

As for how they work you just use them to attach said skill to a party member's default persona so they can use the skill whenever. You get 8 slots per persona for skill cards.

• Locked thread