Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zurai posted:

Oh my God this puzzle is starting to piss me off. Labyrinth 3 Floor 3 still:

There's a 2x2 grid of rooms with doors connecting each. You're supposed to go through the doors according to their location if they were a clock face, so 12 is north, etc. The hint the game gives is to go through the doors in the order given by a clue elsewhere (6 9 3 12 9), but that is physically impossible because you cannot get from the 9 o'clock door to the 3 o'clock door without passing through either 12 or 6. There are no shortcuts between the rooms, just doors. I've tried starting at the 3 o'clock door and wrapping around, but that doesn't work. I've tried ignoring the 3 as erroneous, that doesn't work.

Um, it's not the doors you have to go through in the right order. It's the direction of the doors.
From the room on the left of the room with the locked door, go south, west, east, north, then back to the room with the locked door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Cake Attack posted:

Right after the first labyrinth whats the right sequence for the trade showoff request? I don't really remember who had what.

I heard it's Junpei to Ken to Yosuke/Kanji.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Inflammatory posted:

okay, so third labyrinth first floor. i'm stuck.

i've found the clue saying art is after shop and geometry is after science. are there any other clues i should be looking for, and if so where are they?

If you keep messing up, Naoto would just give the answer.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Marie does streetpass stuff. But she doesn't actually exist unless you ask her stuff. Uh, yeah.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
One of the puzzles involve knowledge of Cartesian planes in the most convoluted way. What is this, silent hill 3?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Haha, one of the quest rewards let you listen to Marie's poems again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
There's an FOE that spams Mamudoon and Evil smile and Diarahan. You have to beat it for a quest, ugh.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
This game really have cool boss battles though. I wish you can battle them again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The theme of the fourth labyrinth is so good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Toadsniff posted:

I'm curious as to which questions lead to which character. The first question of the dungeon is really weird and makes me think Ken is a possible choice. Please tell me I'm wrong and it's always Teddie please.

The first questions pretty much asks if you like dudes. And yes, you can get Ken.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Anyone wants the skill that lets you regain SP when you walk?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Victory Cry isn't that good since it's a navi skill and life aid is good enough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If I remember right, it's at the lower right corner with the fire torch. You can use the locked chest to check any place that you haven't checked.

Anyway, what kind of build did anyone give for their P4MU? Got a quest where you had to use him and he's too general to specialize in anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Woo, I finally finished the game. I totally didn't cried at the ending.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Radish posted:

I just started this and want to run a party with Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji but everyone is front line fighters. Is this just not something I can do?

What they say are front line fighters or back line fighters only means how effective is their basic attacks are in which row. It's fine, anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Len posted:

Do I want snake glare on the battle or labyrinth guide? I assume the battle guide but I don't want to fuse this the wrong way.

I had it on my labryinth guide. I don't think it matters though.

Lunar Suite posted:

...You can overwrite skills learned from cards like regular skills, right? Or are you locked in once you're filled someone's slots?

You can overwrite skills.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is it bad that my favorite puzzles were the spiderweb ones? I have no godddamn idea why I liked those so much but charting things out with them was a good part of that dungeon.

Spiderweb puzzle is the best because you aren't hosed if you get random battle'd while a FOE chases you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

JavaJesus posted:

This may be a dumb question, but do the Navi skills work if they're on a non-navigator character, or do they have to actually be attached to a navigator for them to have an effect?

They do nothing. Stick them on navis.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Festival dudes are the best FOE.
And yeah, this game have some dark undertones.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Junpei has the best fourth skill, anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

StandardVC10 posted:

Only after I lost two guys in the first turn, but yes. Wait, do passive leader skills count? I have one that restores a tiny bit of HP every turn.

Using leader skills counts. It's the easiest FOE, if you follow the rules.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Speedball posted:

Jesus, this game takes forever to get to the point. I had to lean on the skip button after a while.

That's all the newer persona games though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kay Kessler posted:

Speaking of that guy, when he ordered you not to "be bossy", what exactly did that mean? I just had everyone use physical attacks when that happened and it turned out fine.

Leader skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
they's affected by hama because they're afraid of light! get it?

• Locked thread