Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Huh, even on risky, the first boss wasn't too bad. I loved it when the card soldiers showed up because that meant free boost for everyone. And if I got lucky, an all out attack would kick in. :getin:

By the way, how good is poison? I never used it but I noticed that some of the personas could inflict it.

Very good if you can get it to stick. It does nearly 300 damage to things in the 2nd labyrinth for me, which is pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Moldy Taxes posted:

Do the FOEs on the 2nd floor of the 2nd labyrinth have any exceptional weaknesses to debuffs? I couldn't get poison to land, and I ended up just brute forcing one down since Chie got enough crits to keep up a sustained Lunar Blessing through the fight, but it took something like twenty minutes to slog through.

I was under the impression they were vulnerable to poison because I've had amazing luck with getting that to stick. If you're around level 29 you can also consider fusing up a Succubus, and grabbing their ability that increases your chance to land statuses.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Neeksy posted:

How do links work? I don't think it's ever been explained in game.

Links basically proc extra attacks. Say Minato uses Frost link, then the next person to attack will proc an extra attack from Minato. You can improve the damage and hits of the links with more skills as you get them, and that's when they really start to shine.

e: how much better is Mitsuru over Yukari? Yukari is doing just fine for me as my ailments/heal bot because of how ridiculous poison is.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Strange Quark posted:

I don't really understand the point of poison. Trash mobs wipe too quickly for it to have much effect, and for bosses/FOEs, panic seems like a much better ailment, since it cripples their ability to attack and makes them unable to dodge any attack.

I like it because of how much HP things have. Like, my skills do about 150 damage at most on a crit to the average FOE, while poison is doing upward of 500 in the 3rd dungeon. I don't bother with it for trashmobs, but it is letting me punch considerably above my weight for FOEs because it kills them before I am completely out of SP.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so how are you supposed to handle the Old Doll on floor 4 of the 3rd labyrinth.

Sometimes I feel it HAS to catch me so I can make it to the next room even when the lights are on. Now I'm around 4C on the map and I have no idea what to do since it came into the room right away. The only thing I have open to me is a light switch and nervous that if I turn the lights off it's just going to one shot my team again.

The answer is literally use hama on it until it dies and then explore at your own leisure, because jesus christ, gently caress the Old Doll.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Naoto is one of my bossfight mvps thanks to poison and impure touch. Honestly I find that magic is less useful in this game than physicals or ailments outside of instant death.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

theshim posted:

Nope.

Of course I killed like eight of them before testing it on a whim. :v:

Wait, seriously? Oh man, it is time for revenge.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Cute Dolls aren't, so don't try it on them. Bring some sort of instant death protection if you do insist on taking them on. They're heavily resistant to poison, so Impure Reach + Poison skill of your choice isn't gonna do much.

I already beat those guys, because I couldn't find a switch for one of their rooms, and then discovered that Impure Reach and poison works forever (guess I'm an insanely lucky bastard). I thought about fighting the babies, but they did like 200 damage to Yu, and I didn't want to deal with that.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really need Binding Hands and some good binds because I am getting really loving tired of these gold hands dodging me. Also the FOEs in Inaba Pride somehow manage to dodge Tentarafoo 90% of the time even though I have Impure Reach. Then they just become obnoxious battles of attrition where they put me to sleep over and over again. There's no way I'm losing to them but dragging the fight out for so long is annoying.

You can fight multiple FOEs at once, too. It gives a ton of exp.

At this point you should really have samael plus you can get some pretty good bind cards off different personas. I ended sticking them on Minato.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
It's a lot more satisfying to evaporate it IMO, because gently caress that thing, seriously.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Urrrgh, must I fight the Lovely Doll in the Evil Spirit Club 2nd Story? I've got a party full of Elec users (equipped Naoto with Null Curse and Zio, too), but every time I get the damned thing down to 75% health or less, it spams Megidola and slaughters everyone. What should I do?

You should not have to fight an FOE in there at any point, no.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Vengarr posted:

How is the story in EOU?

There is a story with characters that are already fleshed out. That's about it. It's not bad, but it's pretty JRPG. Raquna and Ricky are great. Arthur is a little poo poo.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The eo and strange journey teams are completely different. The style of game pacing is different too since the plot in eo is incidental to ADVENTURES.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

BlazeEmblem posted:

So I managed to :airquote:solve:airquote: the 4th floor puzzle in the evil spirit club, but now Elizabeth gave me a request where the hint is 3 3 2 4 2 x. What rooms do I go to to solve this one?

The hint is that you need to look at how many doors each room has. Also the X is in the room with the p-spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Kill em all

• Locked thread