Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I guess this should be obvious but Risky difficulty is a loving bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

shs posted:

I managed to beat the first labyrinth boss on risky on the first try :smuggo: with 1 party member dead, 3 more under 10 health and nobody with any sp and also it died to curse damage after I failed to kill the minions :confuoot:

I hate you it took me like two hours

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Anyone who regrets picking risky mode just stick with it past the first boss and then it gets a lot more manageable as the game opens up a ton after that. The first boss is just such a bitch though because you're so limited combat wise at that point.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Inflammatory posted:

you don't know how happy it makes me to learn that there's a postgame boss.

Has there ever been a Persona or EO game without one?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
so does this game ever get remotely challenging? I'm at the fourth labyrinth on risky and just got to the fourth floor and aside from the first labyrinth guardian there's been absolutely nothing that's been able to pose any threat at all. I picked risky mode for a reason :(

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Cake Attack posted:

EO4 is much harder, at least on normal

The hardest EO4 difficulty must've been perfectly tailored to me because basically every single boss fight was like this super tense ordeal that brought me down to complete SP (or whatever EO uses for MP) exhaustion with like one or two dudes left before I finally beat them.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Len posted:

Isn't this goons in literally any RPG ever? One of the most common complaints to pop up about Skyrim in the dragging games down thread is "it's too easy to brake it" and
goons regularly go "man that rpg is so easy because of how broken you can make your party." Goons just can't play a game and NOT try to powergame it.

I'm most definitely not "powergaming" anything here though. I used Naoto initially because of her insta kill skills and because I picked the P4 route at first, and that admittedly turned out to be gamebreaking for trash mobs. Aside from that I'm literally doing nothing to break the game, I'm never really doing more than 300 damage a turn and I don't have any crazy setups aside from Chie rocking a frost link and Kanji sometimes playing off of that. Still it's been just piss easy so far on the hardest difficulty available merely from tarundaing bosses and marakakujaing the party.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Zurai posted:

Did you know Impure Reach affected Hama and Mudo before reading the FAQ ie this thread?

I didn't but it's not like Naoto wasn't absolutely dominating before then

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Zurai posted:

Did you know Impure Reach affected Hama and Mudo before reading the FAQ ie this thread?

"building an effective team with ability synergy".

the fact that this is a legit strategy that breaks the game is the issue we're discussing though

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Lunar Suite posted:

>You can now create Skill Cards in the Velvet Room!

this is literally the most accurate rendition of this game

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I can agree with the labyrinth criticisms though since I don't remember the regular EO games being so gimmicky. From the third labyrinth on you're constantly trying to solve poorly made puzzles and strategically slipping on pools of sweat while backtracking across the entire map to go through portals in a certain order.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
So I just discovered what power charged myriad arrows does to an agility bound enemy

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Also by the time you get to the reaper you should have access to homunculus' and mountains of money so instant death bullshit shouldn't be an issue.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Also by the time you get to the reaper you should have access to agility binds and power charges and myriad arrows so literally the entire rest of the game shouldn't be an issue

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

ZeButler posted:

That's basically what happened to me with the fourth boss, stuck a panic turn one, then it never went away.

Isn't the fourth boss that horrible thing with a billion HP? What difficulty are you on to where panic sticks around for over a dozen turns?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
ok cool so not only can you break this game you can also just completely incinerate it in hellfire apparently

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dexie posted:

Glad to hear it. I'll keep pushing onwards, then.

I'm not even worried about encounters, since Naoto trivializes them so much. I just think the Holy Flame mechanic is pretty drat awful, and it's really wearing me down.

The fifth dungeon is a bit better but if you haven't beaten the fourth dungeon yet you're in for even more of a slog on the last floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
What new content is available in new game+? Just curious if it's worth it to play through again

• Locked thread