Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Is this like the big boy version of people frothing about the kid with the gun-shaped pop tart? Because the same arguments apply. It's not an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

fanged wang posted:

i did some light googling and the stuff that is referenced in those links seems to have happened, why is it not an issue?
Because it's not a systemic problem. Overreactions and decisions made by local idiots (or totally innocent situations which are then twisted and misrepresented) are collected and thrown forward in an attempt to present a wider issue - in the case of the pop tart gun, it's that PC liberal school teachers have it out for the second amendment and all its pop tart related clauses. In this case, it's that boo hoo hoo people don't just swallow my idiot right wing blathering so I'm being oppressed. If people like the FIRE want to be taken seriously, they're going to have to actually establish a pattern or at least provide some proof that this isn't just a series of isolated incidents. Other movements against systemic problems (say, racism) have to do this time and time again, so why shouldn't these guys? And no, a poll asking uni students if they're sometimes on the receiving end of social pressure for the first time in their idiot lives isn't enough.

• Locked thread