Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

seiferguy posted:

I really really want Jameis to be a Jet, and for him to fail horribly.

I will be conflicted if he's a Buc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Febreeze posted:

Relentless Boredom and Zen Vulgarity are Bucs fans. There's a few of them around.

Thanks. I was going to say I've been here for ages although I've never been aggressively terrible so I don't stick in the brain.

Any who, the Bucs are awful but will find a way to ruin their draft position.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm EHUD and nnnadam. Don't believe me? Check out the chad Pennington tattoo brah

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Probably Magic posted:

I'm actually an alt for Catherine The Great.

So how bad is it going to be when the Giants beat the Titans after they couldn't beat the Jaguars? Are the Jaguars no longer the worst team in the AFC South, because... I guess it was inevitable, but I'm unsure on how I'm supposed to feel about that.

The Giants lost the Jags game because two fumbles caused by the Jags legit defense just happened to end up as TDs. I mean that sorta poo poo never happens, two fumble returns in one game? One cause by Rashad Jennings being a dipshit in the endzone. The Jags defense wasn't pressuring Eli at all until we lost two lineman. The Jags offense was still garbage and only did anything on the final drive because the Giants don't seem to realize the QB keeping the ball and running is legal.

The Jags are not a good team and the Giants should have won that game, even though the Giants are still poo poo. If we keep making completely dumb turnover mistakes, the Titans will win.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

the Titans will win.
Man I hope so. The Titans and Bucs crappy SOS is going to be tough to move ahead of in the draft unless they start winning games. Luckily the Titans play the Jags, Giants, Jets and a Colts team that could be resting starters in W17.

http://overthecap.com/2015-nfl-draft-selection-tracker/

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Febreeze posted:

The Giants lost the Jags game because two fumbles caused by the Jags legit defense just happened to end up as TDs. I mean that sorta poo poo never happens, two fumble returns in one game? One cause by Rashad Jennings being a dipshit in the endzone. The Jags defense wasn't pressuring Eli at all until we lost two lineman. The Jags offense was still garbage and only did anything on the final drive because the Giants don't seem to realize the QB keeping the ball and running is legal.

The Jags are not a good team and the Giants should have won that game, even though the Giants are still poo poo. If we keep making completely dumb turnover mistakes, the Titans will win.

Jameis to the Giants so mote it be!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ozu posted:

Man I hope so. The Titans and Bucs crappy SOS is going to be tough to move ahead of in the draft unless they start winning games. Luckily the Titans play the Jags, Giants, Jets and a Colts team that could be resting starters in W17.

http://overthecap.com/2015-nfl-draft-selection-tracker/

Jets are going to beat the Titans so you'll be moving on up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is anyone in this draft worth trading to #1 for? Wondering for if the Bucs somehow get that first pick.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is anyone in this draft worth trading to #1 for? Wondering for if the Bucs somehow get that first pick.

The problem is that generally no one in any draft is worth trading to #1 for, just because of how much you have to give up to get there

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

Jameis to the Giants so mote it be!

The Giants would never draft Jameis. They'd be far more likely to trade down to someone who wants him.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Febreeze posted:

The Giants would never draft Jameis. They'd be far more likely to trade down to someone who wants him.

Why, they need a QB

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thursday's game should be the CEPTION bowl between Cutler and Romo for the exclusive right to have the irritating "ception" suffix attached to one of his inevitable, back-breaking picks. Will be awarded for whoever has the shittiest int in the game.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Watching Kap's "highlight" video I'm actually pretty surprised that there were only three turnovers, I don't want to say disappointed because the 49ers still got creamed but Kap was throwing it basically into the Seahawks' D the whole game and there were a lot of whiffed catches. Add in the three recovered fumbles that could have easily not been recovered and I'm not entirely sold on the Seahawks being "back", they may just be getting lucky. I guess we'll see with the Eagles.

I wish I had AAC's optimism.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks shut down the high octane Drew Stanton offense, they'll be fine.

:ohdear:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

People expecting RG3 like trades are going to be disappointed in their return. You might get an additional 2nd to drop down 5-6 slots.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Jets are going to beat the Titans so you'll be moving on up.
Jets don't win in Tennessee ever.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Watching Kap's "highlight" video I'm actually pretty surprised that there were only three turnovers, I don't want to say disappointed because the 49ers still got creamed but Kap was throwing it basically into the Seahawks' D the whole game and there were a lot of whiffed catches. Add in the three recovered fumbles that could have easily not been recovered and I'm not entirely sold on the Seahawks being "back", they may just be getting lucky. I guess we'll see with the Eagles.

The D line played outstanding against a running team. Niners ran 18 times for 64 yards.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Febreeze posted:

That would require the Tennessee D actually recovering any fumbles. If NY has any running game whatsoever, Tennessee is hosed, but if Rashad Jennings doesn't have a field day... maybe there'd be a Titans win, but I doubt it. They're making a legit case for second worst team in the league.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Really excited for the Jets to take Jameis. New coach Josh McDaniels will really whip him into a contender.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Petite Dinklage posted:

Really excited for the Jets to take Jameis. New coach Josh McDaniels will really whip him into a contender.

Could you just write a weekly fantasy football blog? Not about the game fantasy football, but about fantastical things that should happen in the NFL. Do a kickstarter or something.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Petite Dinklage posted:

Really excited for the Jets to take Jameis. New coach Pat Shurmur will really whip him into a contender.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Azhais posted:

Why, they need a QB

Even if this were true we'd never draft a headcase like Jameis. The Giants like to pretend they are classier than most organizations while trying to make people forget LT was a nutjob. Besides, we drafted Nassib last season and he had a good preseason, the Giants probably want to see what they have in him first.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Vhak lord of hate posted:

It was such a constrast seeing his lowlight video followed immediately by Aaron Rodger's highlights.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ozu posted:

Jets don't win in Tennessee ever.

First time for everything and hooo boy the Titans are terrible. That game is going to be a beautiful poo poo show.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That Richard Sherman INT was a pure gift lol what the gently caress

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Evans was badly overthrown and both Leon Hall and Reggie Nelson are in better position to make a play on the ball. If you're a normal wide receiver you keep running and hope they don't catch it. If you're rookie phenom Mike Evans, clearly, the answer is to grab them both by the back of the jersey and slow them like a man walking two small and overly rambunctious dogs.

That is an impressive receiver.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

That Richard Sherman INT was a pure gift lol what the gently caress

Both of them were

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Both of them were

The way AAC was talking about how Sherman was playing like the best CB in the NFL... I expected him to at least, ya know, jump a route.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

He didn't really need to jump any routes that game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The way AAC was talking about how Sherman was playing like the best CB in the NFL... I expected him to at least, ya know, jump a route.

If you're in the right position you don't have to

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hoping that the QB will throw the ball to you instead of the wide open receiver? Lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

African AIDS cum posted:

If you're in the right position you don't have to

Well yeah it is better to be lucky then good, but being lucky doesn't make you good.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah it is better to be lucky then good, but being lucky doesn't make you good.

Sherman is unquestionably the best corner in the league. Fact.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Richard Sherman right now is so hilariously worse than peak Revis.

And Sherman is good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

African AIDS cum posted:

Talking about the specific situation mate.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Evans was badly overthrown and both Leon Hall and Reggie Nelson are in better position to make a play on the ball. If you're a normal wide receiver you keep running and hope they don't catch it. If you're rookie phenom Mike Evans, clearly, the answer is to grab them both by the back of the jersey and slow them like a man walking two small and overly rambunctious dogs.

loving great metaphor and a great play by Evans.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

African AIDS cum posted:

Sherman couldn't even get the Super Bowl MVP away from one of his fellow defenders, fact.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Talking about the specific situation mate.

I see, well hell its good to pick the ball off. I think he gaslit Kaepernick and exploited his ego. Shrewd.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You guys loving took the bait. Again.

Like Kaepernick :smug:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Watching 29 go "Come on! What the gently caress!" is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Eh, both Sherman INTs were bad decisions by Kaepernick, but isn't that true of every INT? He still ran the receiver's route for him in both cases, which is a pretty cool move. Kap threw to the spot the receiver was supposed to be and Sherman was there instead.
Sherman is physically pretty good, and mentally the best in the game.

• Locked thread