Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

The lightsaber thing was indeed retarded as gently caress but as someone who gave up on Star Wars around Episode II I'm more amused by the people bending over to try and excuse it as "just stupid silliness" because they can't bear to admit that even 1% of this trailer might be dumb. I mean I like plenty of poo poo that I'll defend and rationalize but when it comes to the genuinely stupid or lovely aspects of them I'll own that full stop, but all I've been seeing on the internet are people :goonsay:-ing the lightsaber or people rushing breathlessly to its defense because :qq: OH MY GOD NEW STAR WARS :qq: .

I thought the trailer looked interesting and some bits seemed weird.
You seem kinda invested in self-hatred. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Guys this imaginary energy sword powered by religion and crystal is just TOO unbelievable.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Floating pink force elephants making GBS threads out jar-jars.
Ewoks fly battle kites through a desolate moonscape as the screen fades to a sixties acid segue.
Birds appear on screen, only to be replaced by animated Keebler elves loving.

"FINALLY! SOMETHING NEW IN STAR WARS"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Haha guys Star Wars is so dumb, nerds just LOVE that poo poo, god.

Now, let me explain how obviously impracticable this lightsabre design is.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're a good man for scouring the internet for nerd quotes - ironically yet appropriately named 'a starwar betamax'.
I know the material is hard to come by, but you're doing it consistently.

• Locked thread