Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

owns owns owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
why didnt you post the better one from that series

:nws: https://www.flickr.com/photos/79168533@N08/16258273047/in/dateposted/ :nws:

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
you plebes probably can't tell but there is subtle symbolism within this image of attractive, nubile women dropping literal bombs from their vaginas on alice from alice in wonderland and a cake as nosferatu laughs and a sweet elderly man smiles irreverently

Alcoholic
Sep 8, 2011
I've been doing wedding photography all wrong

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

https://pay.reddit.com/r/photography/comments/39nngv/is_there_a_chart_where_i_can_compare_the/

He's after that Fuji glow. SOOC or die.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I only transfer data off of my SD card using gold-plated usb cables so the fuji colors don't leak out all over the place like some ham-and-egger

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

feigning interest posted:

ham-and-eggleston

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

mods?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Eggleston Over My Hammy

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Amazing.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

{Pure Amazing}

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 17, 2015

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Those underwater shoots seem like an awful trend

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

KinkyJohn posted:

Those underwater shoots seem like an awful trend

anything that increases the chances of these people drowning is not entirely awful

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
You mean that's not a photoshop? I just assumed...

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HookShot posted:

You mean that's not a photoshop? I just assumed...

It sounds like a lot of effort when you can just tell someone to hold their breath for a sec.

Her hair don't seem floaty enough though so idk.

e: and I'll be super worried of waterboarding myself entangled in those long bits of cloth.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It just looks like such a bad photoshop, I keep staring at it and trying to make it look like a real photo in my head and it doesn't work.

Maybe my brain just doesn't want it to.

edit: I looked it up and it was done underwater. What the hell.

I also found this terrifying gem on her Facebook page:

HookShot fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 18, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

HookShot posted:

It just looks like such a bad photoshop, I keep staring at it and trying to make it look like a real photo in my head and it doesn't work.

Maybe my brain just doesn't want it to.

edit: I looked it up and it was done underwater. What the hell.

I also found this terrifying gem on her Facebook page:

holy poo poo she's marrying satan someone needs to warn her

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

8th-snype posted:

anything that increases the chances of these people drowning is not entirely awful

if it spares me any more status updates of baby and kid photos, i'm on board

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

try it with a lime posted:

if it spares me any more status updates of baby and kid photos autoplay videos, i'm on board

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how people can think this kind of HDR looks good? Because I honestly can't find anything aesthetically pleasing about it. Its oily, blurry, it glows in weird places, the colours are gross, the actual composition is boring, and the perspective seems kind of stretched and hosed up. So what's going on in a person's brain where they can look at this and think "that's beautiful"?

I understand that people have different tastes, but this is just top to bottom ugly?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Hocus Pocus posted:

Can somebody explain to me how people can think this kind of HDR looks good? Because I honestly can't find anything aesthetically pleasing about it. Its oily, blurry, it glows in weird places, the colours are gross, the actual composition is boring, and the perspective seems kind of stretched and hosed up. So what's going on in a person's brain where they can look at this and think "that's beautiful"?

I understand that people have different tastes, but this is just top to bottom ugly?

The answer to your question is no.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Everyone is stupid but us.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

try it with a lime posted:

Everyone is stupid

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
This is the best:

20150716_110812 by suzanne__williams, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

It's great, Suzanne, young and upbeat. I also note that your EXIF is available and love that!
Fave

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

It's great, Suzanne, young and upbeat. I also note that your EXIF is available and love that!
Fave

Yes isn't it just... And I do love the comments ;)

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I do wonder if people used to murder their own photos in darkrooms back in the day by making horrendous prints.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fave

Comments take a really negative turn at the end there

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kidney Stone posted:

This is the best:

20150716_110812 by suzanne__williams, on Flickr

Google Deep Dream sure is a thing.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Dren posted:

Comments take a really negative turn at the end there

sorry but i have a browser plug-in that hides any negative or discouraging feedback in comment sections. it automatically installs when you open a deviantart account

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I see that the local molester avatar is available and love it, Bill

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
There was some dissent towards the bottom of the comments though, so all hope is not lost.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
And now one of you dropped a subtle goatse reference on it after two years of no comments.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Haha the negative comments from 3 years ago are from goons too I'm pretty sure, isn't the second of those McMadcow?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
BM photography

http://brittanymarcoux.virb.com/the-shore-project#/id/i8420061

join the movement

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One would think if that you're going to spend a bunch of time working on then/now photography you'd invest some actual effort getting the angles right instead of "gently caress it, close enough."

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

One would think if that you're going to spend a bunch of time working on then/now photography you'd invest some actual effort getting the angles right instead of "gently caress it, close enough."

Ok, yeah, the name was poorly chosen and the angles aren't exact. But are we supposed to be making GBS threads on this work? Because I don't want to poo poo on this work. I dig it.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

It does a decent job of disseminating a lot of the nostalgia that newcomers to the photographs of 70s New Topographers seem to be afflicted with. I really don't think her intent was "Me too!" when she shot the series.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I don't see what there is to make fun of, except the fact that she goes to MassArt.