Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
The rest of his profile sounds like Ulillillia or something...so much information that just doesn't matter.

quote:

Note: all photos are full-frame for the camera in use (always tagged...) UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. (I often crop, but always indicate when I do so, unless the picture is an old (pre-2008) scan... when I might have forgotten whether the .jpg on my computer is, or is not, a crop...) When I'm shooting with a vibration reduction lens (Nikon: VR, Sigma: OS) the feature is turned OFF unless stated otherwise. Note that no shots from the F4s will have Vibration Reduction active - The Nikon F4 simply doesn't know about VR...

Re: Geotags - I try to always geotag the location of the subject. The only exception to this is when I'm photographing something large and far away (like a sunset, sunrise, cloud formation...) when my geotag will be where I was standing (sitting, etc...) when the shutter went off. Exceptions will be noted. I do not geotag photos taken in my house/studio, or when the subject of the photo has requested privacy in this respect...

When I post in a caption the line a bus or other transit vehicle is working, I mean the line the vehicle was working on the day that the picture captioned was taken: the transit line(s) may have changed since the picture was taken! I try to indicate when such a change has happened, if I know of the change...

For the vast majority of my pictures of road vehicles, I am one of the following:
(in descending order of picture numbers)
1) Taking the picture from the sidewalk as a pedestrian,
2) Taking the picture from a stopped vehicle,
3) Taking the picture from the median as a pedestrian,
4) Taking the picture from a vehicle where I am a passenger ,
or
5) otherwise not endangering traffic, pedestrians, myself, or anyone else! (overheads, bridges, etc...) This last is for most of my "parking slobs" pictures, where I'm taking the picture from one side of the parking aisle, of the other side.

For rail vehicles, I am almost always standing by the tracks in a safe location, or in a train station...

Also note: when I cross a time zone line, I don't reset my camera's clock, or date: I have crossed the international Date Line a couple'o times, and didn't re-set the camera (which does correct for Daylight Savings Time...) either time. The camera is always on American Pacific Time, either PDT or PST... (there's also an Aussie Pacific time zone...) Take this into account when looking at the EXIF info from my cameras... The camera clocks aren't really all that accurate, either - I check them about once a year, and the D610 (at least) is fast by almost 3 minutes a year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I'm the dead realdoll™ on his instagram

fake edit: just realized that is redundant

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 21, 2015

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

but she's shooting slides

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
My favorite:

Some Dummy posted:

The people criticizing these photos have obviously never tried their hand at wildlife photography.

Because you need to have made a quiche before to know that the one you are eating tastes like poo poo.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

I'm glad my mat got bound up somehow and died.