Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Today I found out that the Yashica Samurai exists, and I kind of want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
why didnt you post the better one from that series

:nws: https://www.flickr.com/photos/79168533@N08/16258273047/in/dateposted/ :nws:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I usually always check out the photos of people who favorite or comment on my own, and I found this guy who's almost 60 and according to his profile, has been a photographer since 1970. He lists all the cameras he's owned over the years including some pretty valuable film and digital ones. I go to look at his photostream and every single one is just the most bland "I was here" snapshot you can imagine. Not a single creative fiber in the guy's body. I don't understand how you can maintain a hobby for so many years, yet never evolve beyond the most basic low effort stuff.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
some real gems in that thread

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

quote:

stevewinterphoto: OK everyone I have never used HDR. Do not know how, as we cannot at NGM. So if this looks weird well my wife said what is that backlight? Looks over imaged! It is not. Nature can loon beautiful without a computer.

:shrug:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Assistant horror story thread is for bad people

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
those watermarks

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
mods can we rename dorkroom to the bokeh vault

my bokeh vault by eddie grimsley, on Flickr

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

spongepuppy posted:

This guy followed me today, and has an amazing collection of buses. It's not so much the technique that bothers me, it's the amazing monotony of his body of work.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/busmaniaco

Sometimes the best window into a user's personality is to check out the groups they're subscribed to:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I thought that was weird too, but maybe it means it's a private group?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
they both abuse awful photography gimmicks. mitchel loves to crush his blacks in just about every photo he takes

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Do yourself a favor (or not) and check out his facebook posts

quote:

I have had two online transactions already. I have sold more cards. Thank God for that. Pray that I sell out and crowdfunding campaign will hit my target goal. Pray that I use the best methods to get people to buy my cards and contribute to my fundraiser for the Big Bend trip. Ask God to help me fix anything I may be doing wrong.
Pray that I have a great time at Big Bend National Park and I come back with unique and excellent photos. Pray that I get some scouts interested in going to Iceland with me. Pray that I come up with the money for going to Iceland, renting the equipment, and other expenses. Pray that I get to see the northern lights and capture excellent shots of them with something beautiful in the foreground. Pray that I also come back with unique and excellent photos.

:stare:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
actually it's great because if you fail miserably you can just chalk it up to gods plan and move on

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
should've asked why he's not using the mk iv

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Gear tagging is useful when you want to google examples of photos taken with a certain sensor or a certain lens in certain scenarios. So it's not a hard and fast rule to avoid doing it. It's all about the guy's attitude, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
dunning-kruger is real https://www.reddit.com/r/largeformat/comments/6lwive/i_want_to_become_a_professional_photographer_and/