Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In 20 years it's going to be discovered he was a russian spy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's going to be a dozen "white house photographers" though, isn't there? It seems like it'd be easy for the lovely ones to get completely ignored. I would think Souza is the exception in terms of growing a following.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm gonna make a photoshop plugin (powered by AI of course) that analyzes a photo and automatically puts bokeh blurred leaves along the bottom edge of the image. I'll make millions.

Sky replacement is so passe, foreground replacement is the actual future.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Less offensive than real taxidermy I guess.

But lol at trying to call the images "authentic." No one cares if you clone stamp poo poo in photoshop bud, just don't lie about it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Was scanning around for places to do night landscapes in Colorado, ran across this entrepreneur.

"can you please stand next to this outhouse for 30 seconds so I can make you blurry and blow the highlights? thaaaanks"

"aww gently caress my exposure was too short, whelp we're gonna crank the sliders anyways and savor all that sensor noise."

And yes, they sell workshops. https://shoutoutcolorado.com/meet-maggie-martin-astrophotographer-extraordinaire/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chatter about those photos around the internet has made me aware that "white savior" is a kink that some people have and I guess if dude is genuinely happy with the situation more power to him.

But I'd still nope out of there if I was the photographer. Once your name is attached to that poo poo you're never escaping it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

drat, their collection is worth $15k? That's really swinging for the rafters on their archive building.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The first one (with the VW bus) all I can see is those shots taken at glacier point, but in this one the fool that took it metered wrong and blew out half dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's gaming with RTX off.