Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I read the same thing about some macro photo dude breaking a frog's bones or something to get shots. Fwiw the article linked there had this snippet at the end

quote:

She always uses a tripod and remote to help keep things as stable as possible, and each photo is, “taken quickly, so the frogs are not adversely impacted.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

unpacked robinhood posted:

the comments :pokemonpop;

ur just jelly u didn't get any mermaid awards for ur photos

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Haggins posted:

Why am not doing new born photography? It seems like all I need is a dog bed and a prize from the carnival.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

feigning interest posted:

It's great, Suzanne, young and upbeat. I also note that your EXIF is available and love that!
Fave

Comments take a really negative turn at the end there

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
BM photography

http://brittanymarcoux.virb.com/the-shore-project#/id/i8420061

join the movement

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
i'm the inexplicable geotagging strategy of (presumably manually) moving the tag to the location of the subject except in the case of sunsets and cloud formations (c'mon bro, geotag the sun and the clouds!)

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

crap nerd posted:

do it soundmonkey

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mido posted:

nice humor acceleration friends!

Nice congratulatory post here, Mido

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mido posted:

8th-snype posted:

Nice feeling of asphyxiation there Erik
                                   /

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
the flat one looks better

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
It's (likes + comments)/views + group engagement * offsite links - aspect ratio of the photo

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

ExecuDork posted:

trolling for reciprocal, asymmetrical popularity.

mods plz

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
https://zippy.gfycat.com/RapidScaredBilby.webm

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SMERSH Mouth posted:

The Power of Earth by Luis Sousa Lobo, on Flickr

Disturbing. Something about the composition really throws me off.

edit: and the processing, and the watermark, etc. etc.

3ds Max looking pretty good

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.instagram.com/p/7vYtc6k1pb/

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

It was discussed around here recently, might have been in this thread even. Basically it's a social network, and links work. You fire off a bot that randomly likes new photos, maybe that photo creator will wonder who you are, and click on your name. Boom your pictures get more views, which is the epeen currency of flickr.

Same poo poo works on Twitter

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
~
code:
] r_fullbright 1

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Don't forget the argument for Program mode article and the (IMO) awful street photography photos within.

the P stands for professional

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

mAlfunkti0n posted:

K-Rock is a great troll. Watching people like that goon Jared Polin freak out over his website is classic. Man there is so much anger in photography :bahgawd:

i just looked up jared polin and now i wish i hadn't thanks a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm glad there's finally a YouTube show of guys making a conservative talk radio style photography podcast, sign me up for three shirts and two copies of the newsletter