Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Spedman posted:

I wonder how many amphibians/insects/mushrooms she's murdered to get these:
http://iso.500px.com/the-magical-macro-worlds-of-500px-photographer-wil-mijer/

I refuse to believe that this person actually photographed the original image here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I mean people do do bad composites using original photos they've taken, mainly photoshopping the moon back into the images.

But I doubt the person that made these images photographed any part of it, the mushrooms are very well taken.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Blackhawk posted:

To me the frustrating thing about the mushroom and frog image is that the badly added frog really detracts from the image. It's just so jarring, and as you mentioned the mushrooms by themselves are a great image.

There is no way someone took that wonderfully composed, exposed and well lit mushroom photo and that decent frog photo with the intention of smashing them together with all the grace of a toddler smashing a breadstick into a plastic plate, and if they did their aesthetic sense has bi-polar.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
It has a cell phone look, where on a small screen it looks okay but on a real monitor it's mushy. Also the subject needs a bit more space around the edges.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Prints off on a HP LaserJet 6L

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

ExecuDork posted:

There's so much going on in that photo! Besides the microphones, there's the pained expression on the soldier's face, the perspective-shrunk tiny woman, the dropped phone...

It's accidentally genius.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
The internet was a mistake.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

jarlywarly posted:

The internet was a mistake.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
80D noise is really bad over 6400 is my opinion

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
My flickr explore is mostly nature stuff like I post/tag and follow there.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

xzzy posted:

The Explore page is personalized? By stuff you've favorited I assume?

I was under the assumption it was a daily generated list of images that got the most group invite spam.

I don't know exactly but it does seem to be a lot of stuff that I would like, there's the odd one that doesn't fit but it's mostly birds/animals/macro/landscapes.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

xzzy posted:

Curious what kind of individual thinks that selective color is "A+++++ work" I found this masterpiece in Zulma ()'s stream.

the hidden duck by Zulma (), on Flickr

And it has more views/faves/comments than anything I've ever shot. Perhaps I am way worse at this camera poo poo than I thought. I loving dunning-kruger'd myself.

We're in like post-post-post modern weirdness where well taken photographs are so familiar to people that almost anything different sticks out.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Ever end up following someone on flickr follows you (along with like 100,000 people whose work then cannot honestly ever actually view cos who could look at 100,000 people's photos) who shoots your style of photography but just not quite as good yet has 5000 views per pic and 400 likes, and because the subject is based on the season it's like here's your well shot highly detailed version of a similar shot with 12 likes and you see theirs with 456 likes and 20 comments like "amazing details" "astonishing" and you want to reply with if you like that have a look a this, but you know that's not how it works.

I'm only a little bitter

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

xzzy posted:

gently caress yeah gonna toss a bunch of plastic in a river to get the worst waterfall shots ever taken.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/amp/tutorials/photo-ideas-waterfalls-with-light-trails-shoot-a-landscape-with-a-twist

now i'm angry, nature doesn't need anything added to be more beautiful.

I DM'd their Instagram

jarlywarly fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jun 20, 2020

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

xzzy posted:

I'd be more concerned about anyone that emulates them not cleaning up. It's a real irresponsible technique to promote.

Yeah that's my concern. I just think it's inappropriate, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to catch all the glow sticks.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

frumpykvetchbot posted:

best news possible:
my nikon got e-cancer

this will propel my insta career into the stratosphere

Vaporwave as gently caress..

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I got a shot on explore, got 270 likes most i've ever had.

Max Sliders' work is very much prevalent on facebook.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
https://flic.kr/p/2kSLnHg

This is a bad sky replacement right? the sky colour is not reflected at all in the water and

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

joat mon posted:

It's cute, offbeat and happy. It makes me smile when I look at it.
I think he's absolutely nailing the big picture, but the technical details of good composition could use some help. It's like he's blind to anything to do with the background of a picture.

Yeah the background is where I think most people fail when they compose, with a decent background this shot is cute, with this background it looks like someone doing a poo poo in the flower borders outside an old people's home.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

tater_salad posted:

how do you know that's not what the artist is going for?

No photoshopped in steam effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
apply filter -> uncanny valley