Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
I found the best amateur art critic. Posted on a local gallery facebook wall:

quote:

I would like to pass mention to Olga Cironis of a noteworthy follow up of the "Listening Under Water" exhibition to what i perceived as an elaborate revitalisation of art in her initial "Walking into the woods alone". I feel the transformation of an artists inner voice lusting toward growth and contribution within a drowning world of sorrow, anger and remorse. It's so refreshing to see an artist speaking their truth. Which is and should be duly noted for a topic of subject matter which openly and expressively steps away from the idealism of the storyteller roll play we are well becoming accustomed to within the intellectual property war in which we exist. No, here is an artist stepping into and owning herself. Owning her flaws, her faults, thoughts, feelings, past, present and future. I see an artist owning her power and taking it back. I see an artist taking control of her inner voice and passing freedom for others to do the same. You don't need to see her or her subjects eyes, Nor do you need to know their story. Yet for you have a number of chairs to choose from in which to join in the bid for unity amongst a gallery of selected individuals who are and always will be just like you, regardless of their identity. Listening under water suggests that which we see everyday as we wander through our lives. How many people do we remember their eyes in passing? How many people do we remember what they were wearing? How many have hidden agendas and how many are willing to speak their truth and put themselves in the arena? I believe the concept of listening under water suggests that realm which we are existing within today as an individual, a community, as a world. As I sat in a chair within the gallery space I felt alienated, guilty, as if i was lucky to still have a chair. Surrounded by figures of non descriptive poses, sparsely void of any solidly intrepretive emotion. More importantly, i realised it was not the figures in the photo's that were making me feel that way, it was myself. I think we as a species are starting to do that to ourselves which has us drowning in our truest sense. We are loosing our sense of identity through our unwillingness to own our faults and flaws for it is far easier to step out of the arena than to stand within the contempt and peril of others. I think this exhibition would in my interpretation best be described by the words of Marianne Williamson, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." Well done Olga. Very much enjoyed your follow up exhibition. Regards, Ash Kirwan Lateral Coaching Elite 0458009xxx

What a loving oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

8th-snype posted:

What the gently caress is a "Lateral Coaching Elite"?

Obviously he is a life coach...

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

I found the actual best photographer

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petehuu/with/16029482316/

Sunset 130907 by PeteHuu, on Flickr

Sunrise 130624 F335 by PeteHuu, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

does this mean the bad photography thread is back because if so i will be a very happy man

don't say it out loud

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

murk posted:

I can see how it would come off as amateurish listing settings. I am still very much learning, so personally I find it useful when they are listed.

It really isn't.