Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I have been desensitized by the internet, but that poo poo actually makes me nauseous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Those underwater shoots seem like an awful trend

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

614 by Bill Barber, on Flickr

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

A very nice people "shot"!
Thank you for posting on the group:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Nice job cutting off that elbow, Mr. editor of two very large publications on photography

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

try it with a lime posted:

Does a photograph cease to function with a cropped elbow?

Yes it literally ceases to exist. All that you're seeing is the faint after image still imprinted on your brain.

What I meant was that an editor of Two Very Large Publications On Photography should know that in general amputating people's limbs is distracting.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I like how he's clearly shouting "PERSIA" but if I were the photographer I would've chosen a different font and maybe made it bigger with an exclamation point

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Cant you just hire a bunch of chinese breadworkers to sit in a warehouse and fav on flickr all day

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

That poo poo is actually, literally nauseating. It makes me feel like I ate something off and now I'm suffering fever dreams and I'm stuck in David Lynch's petting zoo

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

if somebody comments on your photo "Nice bw I think keeps the eye on the skill of the work,"
what the gently caress does that even mean?

I would like to imagine Mark sitting there at night trying to decipher the comment, getting angier and angier until he takes it out on his wife + kid (assaulting them with the hasselblad brick of course)

KinkyJohn fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 21, 2016

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Every cloud has a silver grey lining

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I thought sony had the best phone camera followed by samsung and then maybe iphonez

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a blind test on a big Android site, and the iPhone won most of the categories. The user base then threw an absolutely massive hissy fit from "the iPhone pictures may be more pleasing but the Android photos depict the harsh, cold reality of life in a more accurate way" to "iPhone people must have worked out which pictures were of their phone and then invaded and skewed the results". It's pretty hilarious.

I was more referring to the dxomark scores http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Column-right/Mobile-Scores

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

ExecuDork posted:

Also, Wikipedia says he's quite the famous Redditor. That counts as a negative, to me.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You gotta do what you gotta do when you are a non famous pro photog

akadajet posted:

except he did it for free

ExecuDork posted:

except he did it for the exposure

even a fake double exposure can't save you from being a bad photographer

KinkyJohn fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 4, 2016

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

It looks like our friend Bill Barber went on a trip to france and had a loving blast.

IMG_6506 by Bill Barber, on Flickr

IMG_6508 by Bill Barber, on Flickr

His photostream does end in a dark alley though, so maybe we should be worried... he was last seen in 2015

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

That has to be an insane canon enthusiast trying to troll nikon users

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

They look hungry and the babbie looks really bummed out about his genetics.

All these wonderful photos makes me wonder if we should have a big show in LA/New York where we display the best photos we found. Like a massive archive of only the best photos meticulously selected from flickr for the general public and art connoisseurs to enjoy. We then make a documentary about the process of selection, the personal stories of some of the standout artists, the reaction of the public, and the libel lawsuits

KinkyJohn fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 1, 2016

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If God gives me a new 5D iv I would go to church for at least a month

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

murk posted:

http://www.mikegoodall.net/portfolio

Everyone of Mike's portfolio photos has his gigantic logo directly in the middle of them.. so don't even think about stealing them!!

Maybe if he shot less rodeos and more highschool volleyball he could get some kickstarter backers on reddit :pedo:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I found out that google image searching "fire wedding" gives some great results!

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I’m just going to make up rediculously insane jobs that pay a couple of bucks and see how many people on there are willing to put up with my bullshit.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I love how all the perspective lines lead you right into the loving edge of the photo.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Those Morrowind dungeons with the alchemy equipment and random furniture assets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

What happened to the ultra talented trump photographer? I'm assuming the quality of whitehouse photos have gone up in recent months