Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Impressive color and tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

What plugin are they using that makes their sliders go further?

Export -> import -> apply preset again :getin:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I don't actually shoot images anymore, I just pass a single pixel through a series of VSCO presets until my "style" is achieved

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

xzzy posted:

There's some bad work in there, like putting an iphone on a table with the current weather on the screen and taking a picture of it. Why bother?

But there is some curious stuff in there too. I guess they all can't be zingers.

Nah that stuff is good.

I think the Shore stuff is uninteresting, it seems like she's only reading the nostalgia in his photos (and responding to appreciation of his photos through the nostalgic lens) and forgetting that it was his color and composition that made his work interesting at the time. She's showing that you can take the "same" photo now (so why bother, obviously?) but still can't manage to make it look half as good.

Obviously she's not going for complete imitation (why bother?) but I feel her commentary is lacking.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Dren posted:

the flat one looks better

Nah

bobmarleysghost posted:

You got the reddit link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/itookapicture/comments/3u4far/itap_of_an_old_friend_while_hiking_together/

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

:stare:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

Dukeku made this

I don't get it

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

akadajet posted:

Timb (apple ceo) takes a blurry out of focus picture with his iphone camera and posts it on twitter. Meanwhile apple has a bunch of billboards showing pretty pictures taken with an iphone.

but I'm dukeku and I didn't make it :mrgw:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83106662@N03/

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Absolutely No Blowjobs Allowed!

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

f64 would look like a butthole

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

the bottom comment that addresses most of his questions is almost as wrong as the original poster

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

goes to show that all of you could be white house photographers

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

why is the desk cut off, too? take a step back for christ's sake

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Zero One posted:

I had to post them here after he commented that the only way to make his photos look good was to over HDR them.

Just too hard to spend 30 minutes editing pics after months of remodeling the room to look like garbage

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

it's bad folks,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

if he's the guy who bought it i'm going to poo poo my pants.