Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I want to buy an f/0.95 lens even tho they are generally expensive trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
I don't mind gear listing as long as it's purely for information. Captioning with exposure data, equipment, and if film the process used can be helpful for people just learning or exploring different styles.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
It's probably instagram and snapchat.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Someone pay $40 to get access to his dropbox and delete all the files pls tia

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Cacator posted:

That's what you get for naming the kid after the place in which he was conceived.

no one asked you, parkinglotofthebowlingalley

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Eat the rich

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ReverendHammer posted:

What successful photographer has super out of focus pics that weren't shot on like a 100+ year old camera or something?

Henri Cartier-Bresson?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
There are millions of fixed focus 35mm cameras in the wild. Most (all?) disposable cameras are fixed focus.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Infinity is close.

please don't post my existential crises

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

both of these are bad

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Okay yeah those photos are bad and I would love to believe that he specifically found a model and talked her into a Mcdonald's themed shoot but this was more than likely her idea. It looks like one of those cheesy senior portrait sessions that some folks love to do in addition to the standard posed ones you give to grandma. I can't really fault her, she looks like she's having fun whether it's supposed to be a body positive satirical thing or just a dumb "lol I like fries" thing. Also goons should probably not make fun of moderately overweight high school students *looks pointedly at ur yearbook*

This however loving owns

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
You guys know I was joking about the making fun of her for being fat right? I don't think anyone's being mean I'm just saying the photographer probably didn't come up with this concept since there is no goddamn way a parent is gonna pay for a fast food themed shoot unless their kid talked them into it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I mean he's not wrong, he's just not right for the correct reasons.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Which one of you is this?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/crg/6325522565.html

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He sounds like a guy who's spent infinite amounts of time acquiring photography information on the web, but very little time actually taking any photos.

Pls dont doxx me like this

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
vape nation's version of d day

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Kenny Logins posted:

i'll send a robot dick to the world

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
It's funny because her wikipedia article claims she's worked for a ton of clients but doesn't name any of them. Meanwhile the last three official white house photographers have actual portfolios not just random collections of sara palin snapshots. It's almost like this administration is garbage and hires mediocre people.

Note that I'm not taking a shot at someone who takes hundreds of mediocre snapshots at events, every event photographer does that because not every event photo is a masterpiece. Most of us don't put massive dumps of them up on our portfolio. I delivered 435 photos for my last wedding job but I'll probably only put one or two from it in my port the next time I update. Her site is some craigslist bullshit.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

SOOC is totally fine everyone, it shows you what it was really like to be there.

I guess they have multiple lovely photographers because that series is attributed to an Andrea Hanks.

I know this administration isn't exactly known for it's adherence to rules but they may not be legally allowed to post process them. I know Peter Souza was on record saying that he wasn't allowed to delete photos because every exposure is considered a matter of public record so it stands to reason that post processing might also be verboten. (Also the president pretty much only hires sycophants with no talent so it doesn't help that they suck as well as not being allowed to do stuff).

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I did a thing

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I don't think they'll notice. If they do I'll just post :pisstape: on every image they put up.

Edit: NVM there's no commenting, I'll just start tagging them in photos titled "THE PISS TAPE IS REAL:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I too specialize in three completely different things because that's totally what that word means.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Maybe they cater to bloodborne fans?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Kenny Logins posted:

Do you like Ansel Adams? I've been a big Group f/64 fan ever since the release of their 1932 exhibition. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was in 1932 where Ansel Adams' presence became more apparent. I think their manifesto was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on purity. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding exhibitions. Christy, take off your robe. See the brilliant ensemble shooting of Van Dyke, Adams and Weston. You can practically see every nuance of every subject. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of exposure craftsmanship, the sheer clarity, this exhibition hit a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the image in Half Dome, Apple Orchard, Yosemite. In this photograph, Ansel Adams addresses the problems of icy trees. Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico is the most moving photograph of the 1940s, about the moon, and villages. The exposure is extremely uplifting. Their compositions are as pure and clear as anything I've seen in photography. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your rear end in a top hat. Ansel Adams' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially shots like El Capitan, Winter, Sunrise and Moon and Half Dome. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Ansel Adams works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo photographer, and I stress the word photographer. This is Aperture, a great, great magazine, a personal favorite.

:perfect:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Helen Highwater posted:

Amazing. But Patrick Bateman was actually a successful man who had charisma and self awareness. None of those things appear to describe our friend here.

Patrick Bateman is an unreliable narrator.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Ansel Adams is mentioned in the first sentence

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
also those dogs used to be greyhounds

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Im baiting right now

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

nmfree posted:

here she comes

Noone in /r/photography has any experience with this

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I'd like to remind you that this is the administration that does poo poo like hiring every member of it's own family as advisers. Nothing matters anymore.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Game boy cameras rule and always will

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Helen Highwater posted:

'Sup SEA-living buddy. I feel you on the glut of random super-pale Asian girls in boudoir settings. Where I am (Bangkok), the local photogroups are full of them. The rest of the photos are either stereotypical B&W "street" photography (read: photos of homeless people), or lovely cellphone sunset photos.

Can't wait to see your new chair

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ReverendHammer posted:

Going back to some of the earlier discussion about photogs charging barely anything for photo sessions... a friend of mine and I were doing some research on convention cosplay shooters (and why I don't do it). We actually found someone that A) was only wanting $20 for a 30 minute session, and B) would give that person all the RAW files.

So many things to say... not enough booze here to do it.

I'm actually honestly planning on spending my next comic con following around con photographers and taking photos of them and their weird set ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I used to be one of those guys until I downsized to a mirrorless and maybe a single off camera flash. I also don't do real shoots anymore and just flag down people with cool cosplay, though, so :shrug:

is this you?

100F4037
by Jim, on Flickr