Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sadly I haven't found the best photographer (I apologise for the 'oh poo poo, I need to take a pic of that before getting out of here iPhone shot taken with zero thought to how crap the picture would come out' nature), but I found the best wall mounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dunno what upsets me more, that crazy 'sitting cross legged while jamming my hand between the legs' position, or the maclaren buggy inside.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is this said thread? I delved into the archives to see if I could find anything that looked similar to this one. It's pretty long and I'm going to bet there's a ton of dead image links, but it might yield some fun... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3303711

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's amazing how many people who considered themselves professional photographers and had a registered domain now don't have active sites. And I'm looking at posts from only a few years ago. The Flickr ones are good because you can see if the truly awful ones at least improved at all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's hard to tell what was going to be there (unless I use internet archive, which I can't be arsed to do), but a lot of the cut and pastes from their sites were "I'm a cut above the rest, greatest in the state" kind of nonsense.

I think I happened to come across the start of where someone from offsite comes in. This post links through to TalkPhotography and the guy they're laughing at knows his pics/comments are being posted here, so it might be him who comes in and starts acting up. He seems pretty arrogant, so I wouldn't put it past him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Or a Bitcoin forum. Those idiots will do any menial poo poo for some digital nonsense. It does mean having to deal with Bitcoin, or you could just not pay them, which is pretty much inline with the expected experience.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My future family in law are big basset hound rescue people, so naturally I have a bunch of basset related Facebook groups in my feed. This is usually fine, as I get to coo over hounds all day, but the members have discovered this iPhone/Android app and it's the most heinous thing on the planet. Now my feed is full of poor animals that look like they're melting.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just got linked to this. ESPN needs to reevaluate things.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/678729544317198336

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was watching one of those '10 common mistakes' videos and in retrospect I feel it spent too much time talking about straightened horizons and dust spots, when really it should've talked about not doing composites of your dog on an easel for some reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd like to think that news cutting was directly related to that photo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Next time they do one of their promo pieces about the amazing photos your phone can take, they better include that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KinkyJohn posted:

I thought sony had the best phone camera followed by samsung and then maybe iphonez

There was a blind test on a big Android site, and the iPhone won most of the categories. The user base then threw an absolutely massive hissy fit from "the iPhone pictures may be more pleasing but the Android photos depict the harsh, cold reality of life in a more accurate way" to "iPhone people must have worked out which pictures were of their phone and then invaded and skewed the results". It's pretty hilarious.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always wanted to email those kind of people with "Sure, I'll do a shoot. I can see you're only starting out but I'll accept $450 payment for my modelling as a favour" and watch them explode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only explanation is that he mustn't have prayed hard enough.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It almost feels worth the $1 payment that won't ever be taken to give the guy a reality check.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

YouTube: You.... are watching... Nates... Road... in VA...
Homer: Blog...
YouTube: Blog...
Homer: Yeah, lay it on me, Nate!
YouTube: In the review of.... the
Homer: Mmmhmm
YouTube: Vi..
Homer: Vivitar...
YouTube: Vi...
YouTube: ta..
YouTube: r...
Homer: Come on, come on, don't you realize this is costing me money!!
YouTube: We must consider... many... things.... The webcam...
Homer: D'oh, not the webcam!
YouTube: Is listed on the... back
Homer: Oow...
YouTube: At 3...
Homer: 3.1 Megapixels!!!
YouTube: point...
Homer: D'oh, this is ridiculous!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wasn't another recent 'mediocre photographer who thinks you should give him $thousands for... reasons' a super praying Christian too? Are these people mistaking The Bible for The Secret or something?

Does that guy own any gear at all if he wants to rent both a primary and backup body?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So obviously this guy isn't going to get the money, but if he did, he was just planning to pocket the money and buy the 5D Mk IV, and then move on, right? Maybe find a disposable single-use camera at a thrift store, and point it out the car window as he drives through Big Bend and takes a few snaps to prove he was there.

It's not as if anyone was even gonna get jack poo poo for funding him, so why bother even doing that.

Fighting that $1 down payment urge to give him some life feedback.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm out. Someone might fund the other $3,998 and it's too big a risk to lose.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wow they really took Raphael in a whole new direction in the new Turtles movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Someone posted this in a group I follow: https://www.facebook.com/DAllenStudio

quote:

Hi and Happy New Year everyone. I am making some changes to how I do my photography. Basically I am taking a step back from trying to be a Jack of all Trades and concentrating on what I do well and want to do. Going forward the vast majority of my Photography will be high end Photography that showcases men and women at their best. This is what I do well and what I enjoy doing the most and every time I make an exception or help someone I wind up regretting it or getting taken advantage of especially with my photographing women. I am routinely asked to photograph woman who are grossly obese and yet think it's cool or OK to be seen in skin tight leggings or exercise pants that are so tight they leave absolutely nothing to the imagination even to the point of being able to see lips and yet they are totally oblivious to the people around them throwing up or engaging in violent bouts of projectile vomiting or these confused little girls who get themselves all tatted up and think they are rebelling against their parents or "doing their own thing" when the fact is these clueless ones are only damaging their own futures. Very few people I know will have anything to do with a girl who has so little self respect that she turns her body into a walking billboard and doesn't know the meaning of half of the tattoos on her. Other photographers can handle that, I chose to have absolutely nothing to do with it because I find it disgusting and it turns my stomach.
I don't have to have the money I get from my Photography, I have a thriving IT Consulting business. I do my Photography because I enjoy it and I will do what I enjoy plus I get more than enough money from the work I do for my Corporate clients.
With this said if you or anyone you know is looking for photos that show you looking your very best with little held back please feel free to call or email me. Thanks and have a great 2017.

Strong words, but when you're as good as this guy... who needs to take photos of fatties?

It's important to carve out your own style, and the style for pretty much this whole gallery is 'miss focus by about half a mile'. Not featured: 'Not understanding you need to shoot faster shutter when things move'. It's nice that he does stuff for rescues, but I hope to honest God he doesn't charge them (he has a price list, so this *is* an actual business not an amateur)

It's a real shame he watermarked this, as now I'm going to have to go to ShutterStock for 'really half assed photo of some girl behind some monitors I guess?'

This seems to be his forte: awkward looking half dressed girls, badly posed, shot with no real finesse or skill and just loving boring for the most part.

What a top dude, hire him for your kids sweet sixteen (if she passes his weight limit and will wear a bikini).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the worst part of his photography is how boring it is. No time and effort in either setting up the shot and seemingly zero post processing. It was a disappointment after reading the rant, but still an enjoyable juxtaposition based on how good he obviously thinks he is.

Wonder if I can find his gear list. I bet he shoots a full frame beast with at least one ridiculously priced lens. At the minimum.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I found the post chronicling the last 5 years of his insane amount of area and name changes. Glad to see it's not a new prick, but one that's been here all along.

All the comments under that post have vanished now which is a shame, as Facebook says there was a stack of new ones.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Of course they do, but it's the viewpoint that nobody else should be. See also: sex with men in public toilets.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I'll admit that my username really doesn't help with that post.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo I need to see more of this

https://twitter.com/alicevjones/status/878254329689276416

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

spog posted:

I'm go make the libellous suggestion that someone set up the entire shot and told him which button to press and not to touch anything else.

Yeah while the photos in the advert aren't anything special, they're not going to stop you in your tracks if you flick through them in a magazine. They at least show competence with lighting, whereas that picture of the elephant...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

David Beckham is a pretty drat gifted soccer player, who despite not coming across as the smartest guy to walk the earth always came across as genuine and charitable. It must kill him that his son is such an untalented dope.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As soon as you see the 'I currently shoot on the Nikon D3200' line you know you're in for a good ride. (Not to knock that camera in any way).

E: he took the criticism of his current photos ok, at least. There's hope!

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 17, 2017

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yond Cassius posted:

Looking at his other posts it felt a little bit like the art school smile-and-nod-while-thinking-"but-that's-my-style" kind of "taking criticism", but maybe that's me.

Yeah I realized after that I'd misread one of the paragraphs, and he didn't actually learn anything at all really.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s a pretty insane contrast to the amazing photos of Obama on the campaign trail and in the White House over the years.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Daily Mail paid her £50($70~) to use it. Not the ‘put my kid through college’ money she was hoping for.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A Clockwork Orange - A XXX Parody.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Trump 100% half-joked about taking the photogs camera and doing the white house photography himself

I’m excited for the return of blurry fingers obscuring the subject matter.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s nothing quite like framing body parts at the edge of a frame in a wide angle shot so it looks like they have hulk hands. Surprised Donny hasn’t specifically requested that from the photographer himself.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Very much so.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Watch both at the same time, it’s how Tommy would want it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve always wanted to outsource my iTunes catalogue fixing...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t lie, that’s a pretty solid Michael Jackson Halloween costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

xzzy posted:

Hmm.. yes.. so you're saying it's completely impossible to spend the weekend at mar a lago?

My one hope when Irma came into town last year was the possibility of it wiping out Mar A Lago from the face of the planet. It's this thought that keeps me going throughout hurricane season.