Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
hold the loving phone loading screens are endgame drops in destiny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ya

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
feature warning: there are lore cards that u get for performing in-game challenges, called "grimoire cards", that you have to go to the bungie website to view

dragon age 3 has these in on the loading screen by default

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
you can find spaceship drops in destiny and the loot table for the raid has 3 separate ships iirc. but the only time you ever see your ship is in loading screens so yeah, you can find epic loading screens in destiny

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
destiny also features a clan function that serves literally no purpose in game and can only be accessed through their social network facebook knock-off thing

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
an epic loading screen is a hacking puzzle or knockoff peggle or something

that's just a regular load screen

goddamn bungie quit making games

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
bungie also just patched in voice support for matchmade groups like 2 weeks ago. but it's opt-in so unless everyone joins the voice channel you still can't say anything to the people around you. in an mmo. from the people who made prox chat a thing in halo2 ten years ago. it really can't be understated just how dumb bungie is

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the current bungie staff are activision, the old bungie staff are 343 industries

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
really? i thought 343 were just a bunch of guys microsoft got to be the new halo slaves and frank o conner

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
343 should hire Marty O'Donnell

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

tranime scholar posted:

really? i thought 343 were just a bunch of guys microsoft got to be the new halo slaves and frank o conner

Kind of but also once the contract was up, the Halo guys who wanted to keep working on Halo, moved over. Apparently those were also the guys who knew how to make games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

tl;dr: because it isn't fun

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Apparently those were also the guys who knew how to make games

Master chief collection is a smoking wreck

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

thuly posted:

Master chief collection is a smoking wreck

the only complaints i have seen are "oh no it has weird drm when u install it and takes 6 days aaaa" and "nobody is playing halo 2 mp"

u can patch for bugs but u cant patch a game that is a piece of poo poo and isn't any fun and doesn't have a story or anything to do in it

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Last I talked to friends matchmaking was totally boned but maybe it got fixed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
matchmaking bein busted could be the thing... but i'm sure it gets fixed

edit: destiny has no raid matchmaking on purpose thus alienating people who don't know 5 other people who play destiny and thus have to use a 3rd party site that bungie acknowledges as a really good thing but refuses to incorporate into their game, to matchmake for them

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

edit: destiny has no raid matchmaking on purpose thus alienating people who don't know 5 other people who play destiny and thus have to use a 3rd party site that bungie acknowledges as a really good thing but refuses to incorporate into their game, to matchmake for them

I like how their reasoning for it is "because communication and teamwork are paramount" in the raids but they made it impossible to communicate with people not on your friends list so it was a self-fulfilling thing to not have matchmaking for raids

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

while on pc we have almost no loading screens anymore they are still able to fit entire game mechanics into consoles'. lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
my rule for reading long posts is one scroll ok two or more scrolls goodbye

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
so for the new stupid dlc if you try to update your fully-upgraded exotic guns and armor to the new dlc values, it resets them to base and you have to re-level them. leveling an exotic from base to max is many days worth of dailies/bounties and tons of upgrade mats. this was apparently a deliberate decision and not a bug or anything. gg bungie

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Now that's what I call a gear reset!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

tranime scholar posted:

so for the new stupid dlc if you try to update your fully-upgraded exotic guns and armor to the new dlc values, it resets them to base and you have to re-level them. leveling an exotic from base to max is many days worth of dailies/bounties and tons of upgrade mats. this was apparently a deliberate decision and not a bug or anything. gg bungie

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lmfao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

tranime scholar posted:

hahahaha wow. that is utter poo poo.
imagine if any other loot grinding game did that.

perhaps the ros expansion for diablo3, once installed, dropped you and everything you owned down to level 1.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hey you dumb fuckers, you dared play our game before the dlc was released? lmao what stupid loving retards you are

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is why you shouldn't play any game that descrbies itself as an mmo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i spent a lot of time getting to 30. i got teh full raid armor set and leveled up a bunch of exotics. all that time was wasted but that was alright because i got to keep the fruits of my lovely efforts. now it's worthless and essentially didn't matter, in addition.

im never playing destiny again or buying anything bungie makes in the future lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
what loving kills me is they released an update to leveling your exotic weapons that required you to dismantle other exotics to get special parts, but was better because you only needed one of these shards instead of 24 of the shard that already existed in the game. and they encouraged people to do this now, and didn't tell anyone what was going to happen... but it got leaked by gameinformer lmfao

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
also upgrading your poo poo will require a piece from xur, so not only will you have to regrind your weapons/armor that took for-loving-ever to grind in the first place, you'll also be subject to RNG in doing so. want to upgrade your knucklehead radar to max? sorry, it's universal remote and sunbreakers time, come back next week. bungie are hilariously bad

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
and as expected the games thread is full of useless faggots who defend everything bungie does. heh, look at this casual whiny baby idiot. get on my level scrub :smug: :smug:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the person most vehemently defending this change as "not a huge deal and really easy" in games, is a mentally and physically disabled man who plays video games 16 hours a day every day. it's the life i wish i could live but i can't.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

this is why you shouldn't play any game that descrbies itself as an mmo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the person most vehemently defending this change as "not a huge deal and really easy" in games, is a mentally and physically disabled man who plays video games 16 hours a day every day. it's the life i wish i could live but i can't.

this and the post before it are the reasons the 'Games' threads about specific games are usually pretty terrible

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
they also get really sensitive if you say anything bad about destiny and go "yeah well if it's such a bad game why did you *looks up gt/psn id* play it for 30 hours huh????? :smug:". it's the same people that brag about how they've got 400 hours of played time or w/e in a game that's only been out for 3 months.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
basically i am really glad imp zone exists so i can post about video games without having to interact with games posters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

tranime scholar posted:

basically i am really glad imp zone exists so i can post about video games without having to interact with games posters

same

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

tranime scholar posted:

I never would've posted on SA if not for Imp Zone

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Mach2 posted:

I never would've posted on SA if not for Imp Zone

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

VideoGames posted:

this and the post before it are the reasons the 'Games' threads about specific games are usually pretty terrible
"the crew does not suck i dont know what youre talking about the handling is fine if you get a couple upgrades stop shitposting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Crew does seem like something I'd like if I played non-kart driving games enough. For now Burnout Paradise is all I need

• Locked thread