Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

kind of want one for NIS stuff and playing old SMT games. what are other good reasons to buy one. please help make this purchase exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
u can touch the front, AND the back

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

- really awesome screen and controls and cool indie games
- if you're on ps+ then you basically own all the games for it already
- you can play your ps4 on there i guess?

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
It's a cool device, it just doesn't have a great library.They need to start making good exclusives and stop filling the system up with games I can play on Steam.Also try and get an older model, I heard they changed the screens on the new ones.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ps+ is a must

the good thing about vita is videogames. it has lots of good poo poo. i really like it for playing psone games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can play psone and psp games on it, and it has a good selection of those

the screen is really nice

it has senran kagura

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it has a bunch of good ports. all the games i have except soul sacrifice are ports. binding of isaac is ps+ right now too

it is comfortable in the hands, and has a good screen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Well, a lot of things, OP.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think it has great hardware and a pretty cool library of games. People give it poo poo but I don't think it is deserved.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Vita is a portable device that plays indie games and PS2 games. Also the screen is really pretty if you can get an old one instead of the redesign, which blows, has a crappy screen, and is really light with a matte finish that feels like crap in your hands.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

there are mostly very good things

i'm already drowning in games but sometimes you just wanna treat yourself, you know?

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
The Dpad. I want the webkit exploit to bear fruit so emulation is finally better than on the psp.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the vita's biggest flaw is that you can't add more memory aside from sony's proprietary card that is made of solid gold and unicorn bones

i haven't bought any downloadable games besides soul sacrifice or bothered with ps+ yet because i can't fit poo poo on my 8gb card

soul sacrifice + ffx-2 = 50mb free

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Persona
Persona 2
Persona 2.5
Persona 3
Persona 4

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I love my vita, but be aware that the real cost of a vita is the consle, ps+ subscription, and $100 for a 64gb memory card off ebay.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like my Vita. I've played a bunch of different games on it, most of them I got via PS+. Worth it for Wipeout 2048, IMO, but I haven't been lacking for games on it since I bought it.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Because of the Vita, I'm never going to be able to play a non-portable RPG again

It's just so convenient. The Persona series and those old PS1 RPGs were made to be played on the go and suspended whenever, they just didn't know it at the time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If you got a PS3, you can download Burnout Legends on it and then transfer it to your Vita.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gently caress it, i'ma go buy one. i've earned this. thanks gamers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BKPR posted:

nice. make sure you go on ps+ and claim november's games for it before tuesday. you can download them whenever you get the system.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I bought a vita when I lived in France for a few months beacuse I'm an autistic fucker that couldnt go without video games for even 6 months. I bought PSP games likes Tactics Ogre and whatnot and I hacked my vita to play snes roms and poo poo.

basically I never played any vita games on that thing lmao,

inexpensive meal posted:

The Dpad. I want the webkit exploit to bear fruit so emulation is finally better than on the psp.

the dpad is tiny as gently caress and nobody besides the asians it was marketed for can play anything requiring fine dexterity on it

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
It isn't that small, I'd guess it's like 4/5 the size of a wii controller dpad. The analogue sticks are beyond awful, but the dpad is clicky and pivoty and good.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

inexpensive meal posted:

It isn't that small, I'd guess it's like 4/5 the size of a wii controller dpad. The analogue sticks are beyond awful, but the dpad is clicky and pivoty and good.

idk maybe I should lay off the poutine then, I must have sausage fingers

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's a good system and I don't regret buying one.

However YS does not yet have PSTV support but it's apparently coming. I will also say that Tales of Hearts R is probably one of the best if not the best Tales game.

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

Athropos posted:

idk maybe I should lay off the poutine then, I must have sausage fingers

Piano fingers never let me down.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i need a psvita for tales of hearts it’s extremely important

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

BKPR posted:

get the old one

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

get the old one

can't believe they'd changed the screens this much.

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

get the old one

jesus

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

get the old one

Wow those colors look like rear end.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The old vita has such nice screens that I wish other handheld game devices would adopt them.

One thing that's bugging me about the Xenoblade port is that it's going to look worse on the N3DS screens than on the wii. Running that poo poo through an HD emulator though makes it look far less muddy.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 29, 2014

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just grabbed the borderlands bundle since it came with the memory card/is new. bought disgaea 4 and a year of ps plus

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The old vita has such nice screens that I wish other handheld game devices would adopt them.

One thing that's bugging me about the Xenoblade port is that it's going to look worse on the N3DS screens than on the wii. Running that poo poo through an HD emulator though makes it look far less muddy.

How am I just finding this out? If it's a straight port, they're going to have to cut a lot of corners to make it work on 3DS.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you dont like jrpgs don't get the vita

i just ordered a bigger memory card because it's $20 for a 16gb on gamestop right now and i realized right now i can't really think of other stuff i want on it

i'm resisting ragnarok odyssey even though i played ragnarok online for like ten years because i already have mh p3rd emulated on pc and soul sacrifice on vita

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 29, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Goat posted:

if you dont like jrpgs don't get the vita

it plays peace walker so its worth it for everyone

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Iron Casanova posted:

How am I just finding this out? If it's a straight port, they're going to have to cut a lot of corners to make it work on 3DS.

It only works on the New 3DS which supposedly has more RAM but they're still using the regular 3DS screens which are not that great for resolution. I mean Monster Hunter 3U does look like rear end on the 3DS compared to it's Wii-U counterpart.

4 was made with the 3DS in mind so things were not scaled down and it does look better, but sofar it doesn't seem like they're changing much if anything at all in the Xenoblade port.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 29, 2014

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

persona 4 golden.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i've been playing disgaea 3 on vita which has me in the mood to go get my psp and play disgaea 2 instead

edit: or 1

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Get the new project Diva game for Vita and Tales of Hearts R.

Doomsayers are saying that 2015 might be the true last final year for vita so the physical games are going to be collector's stuff down the line.

Especially Tales of Hearts R because it's a Gamestop exclusive like Xenoblade and matches all the criteria of "you're going to be paying out your rear end down the line for a copy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
i didn't like 3 very much either. I dropped it when 4 came out and much prefer it. idr 2 or 1 clearly enough to say if 4 is better tho.

• Locked thread