Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The things I have enjoyed most on my Vita were replaying old PS1 games, playing PSP stuff I missed like MGS Peacewalker, Persona 4 Golden, FFX/2 HD, and a lot of Indie games like Spelunky and Hotline MIami

In case you didn't notice these are all games that exist somewhere else

It's actually really cool having portable versions of them and I never woul dhave played through FFX again if it wasn't portable but you have to decide if that's worth the money for you

And it's getting Hatoful Boyfriend sooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It does; its name is Ys: Memories of Celceta and it is good

Ys is the one Vita game exclusive that I thought was really good yeah. Even that is a remake lol but it's a complete remake, not something like the JRPGs that are the same game and get different content. Wipeout was good but I think the PS3 one was better, and that dev is gone now anyway

I thought it would be a good system for JRPGs but the good ones actually come out on 3DS these days, the only JRPGs on vita are all ports or 5th rate garbage that never used to get translated

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Disgaea D2 is probably a better purchase than Disgaea 3 or 4.

Console Disgaea is inherently inferior to portable disgaea tho

And yeah I liked D3Vita a lot even if it's the worst game but then I played D4Vita and even though it's "better" in every way it's like... this is the same thing again. I haven't even played one of them since 3, I skipped 4 waiting for the Vita version and never played D2. I think I'm done with Disgaea

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i have a bunch of physical games because the vita memory card is tiny, and made of unicorn tears. i have a 16g one on the way but soul sacifice and ffx-2 filled my 8gb card completely

Oh yeah I've had 16GB since launch and the average JRPG is 4GB
I have to delete and re-download stuff all the time. Also bad because the saves are tied to the game so you have to upload to PS+ cloud save or back up the entire game to your PC if you wanna keep the saves

Like right now I think my card has

Disgaea 4
FFX
FFX2

And that takes up 12 GB or something dumb. The other stuff is low filesize indie games and PS1 games, but even the PS1 final fantasy games are 2GB

• Locked thread